Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit Guerrilla Queer Bar June Event « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey fellow homos! Thought I'd pass this along...

Detroit Guerrilla Queer Bar
Invites You To
I Got Stuck At Home In Detroit During Pride Weekend And All I Got Was This Lousy Party Invite

Proof
2001 Woodward Avenue
Downtown Detroit
Friday, June 22 2007 - 9:30pm

Not going out of town for a hot weekend at one of the numerous pride events across the nation? Then celebrate with us Friday evening in our own way with a cool martini at Proof.

That’s right people - get ready for the first annual Detroit Guerrilla Queer Bar pride party.

Sitting on Grand Circus Park, directly across Woodward from Comerica Park, Proof offers a laidback atmosphere, crisp interior design with an urban feel and a tasty menu of delicious cocktails for the lush at heart. Ear candy is also abounding with techno and trance tracks being piped through the speakers.

What a perfect place to have some big, obnoxious pride party. However, there will be no dykes on bikes. Or d-list celebrity performances. Or even a presence from NAMBLA. Shame.

Parking is available on the street and in several lots nearby. There’s no cover, unless, we’re unaware of some special DJ spinning Friday night. If that’s the case, it might be five dollars. Oh, please be sure to bring the obligatory male strippers and drag queens that any pride event would have. See you there!

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe if I don't promise to make it, I may actually show up this time.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How'd that work out Crew?

It was a really fun time.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It didn't (as you know by now)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.