Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging kathyinozarks « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 623
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey were did you go..we lost a voice of reason and sanity...hope you got to Fayetteville...

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 655
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gib,

I just found this thread. I said I wasn't going to comment on anything anymore because it was affecting my moods. Well, I guess I got sucked back in to all this opining and whining.

I guess a couple of things just really got under my skin. I'll have to get back to the middle of the road somehow!

Sure is hot outside, I'm going to the store now. Have a great Sunday. Have you been to the river floating or anything this summer? I'd go to do a hike if there weren't so many ticks and chiggers about! I've even gotten a tick doing yard work at my house. I'm quite the city girl really. Working on being more outdoorsy. "When in Rome!".

Is that^^^ too many punctuation marks? I really should take a class on punctuation. I've forgotten a whole bunch of stuff in the last 30 years. :-)

Gibran

Post Number: 718
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just glad to see you back....I was trying to get out your way this past weekend but didn't work out....Crazy summer with all the rain. My Ark isn't ready yet...The cliffhouse fried olives...have you had them? they were pretty good...was also craving their chicken fried stake....they don't know what they are missing up home....

I am planning to go to Detroit this fall for Denby's reunion tour....should be fun...
well glad to see that your back...Your Detroit values are sure welcome...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 686
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gib,

I did not know the Cliffhouse has fried olives. Are they stuffed with anything? I have a recipe for Sausage stuffed fried olives that I'm wanting to try.

What is the Denby reunion tour? My mom graduated in 1949. Is that something that she should know about?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm afraid that I spend too much time on this computer lately. My husband had suggested that I spend more time with things that pertain to my 'actual' life here. It's a good idea and one that I will look into. But first, go to non- detroit and check out the little girl video that I posted. I wish she were mine. She would be the most spoiled child in the universe.

Gibran

Post Number: 726
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she did make me smile...nice...Class of 77 getting together,....yep...they added it last year, fried pickles were always good ...gotta to love southern cooking (except greens)...I started to spend too much time butting heads with Karl and the holy trinity...had to back off also....

Enjoy the sunset...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 700
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love greens!! Sometimes I will make a mess of them and just eat them from the pot!
I know, you're going, "GROSS!"

I like the nice/fun threads. Everyone is so much nicer.

Gibran

Post Number: 728
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I guess the only thiing we disagree on is the greens...now comes the rant...you liberals must love greens....oops.I must be the only liberal/moderate /slash what ever I am according to PG today...that doesn'tlike green...I must hate America and Blame Bush for my dislike of greens...

Maybe with a little more bacon....but gotta love the chicken fried steaks...when I first moved here I couldn't understand the "chicken part"....but hey I adapted...love the fried orkra...it took me ten years to get the ten pounds of fried food off my waiste...Thank God for all the ethnic places around...

Petra diet is great...farmers market this year has been great with all the flowers and the veggies are doing well.

Buffalo must still be high enough to float..I need to get that way soon.

regards...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 705
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Gib, I am not a liberal or conservative.
I cannot define what my beliefs are except to say that I believe in God, the only rule maker in my life.
I guess "chicken fried" steak refers to the idea of frying chicken. And yes, adding bacon fat would only make it more delicious!
I guess the river is high enough right now. Every time I go to float I have to "scoot" over rocks. I totally hate that!
Tomorrow I will hang at the house and make squash bread. God, I love my simple life.
Sleep well,

K

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.