Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Accomodations in Caseville « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are planning on descending upon the great town of Caseville, Michigan the weekend of July 26th through July 29th.

I am in search of a cottage that has accommodation's for 8-10. I have been reviewing the web looking for places. But have not been steered wrong by you folks so I thought I would ask you guys first.

Thank you very much in advance for any information or suggestions!!!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 998
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

caseville isn't caseville unless you camp at albert e sleeper state park.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 331
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, Caseville. It's a great place to bore a kid outta their mind. Four days with no cable TV, Nintendo or his friends (I didn't even know of the Internet back then). I'm surprised I survived.

Now that I'm older, I wish my uncle was still at the cottage he had right on Lake Huron, despite the massive beach (40 feet of sand to retaining wall) disappearing.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 448
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree with Jfried Casevill=Sleepers! Been going there my whole life? It seems everyone has been there!

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we have a small cottage that can accommodate 5-6 people. Has lake access less than 300 feet down the road. But it would be cramped with anything more than 6. have your tried craigslist?

Qweek
Username: Qweek

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My husbands Aunt had a beautiful place right on the beach in Caseville. Some great memories there, we caught two stringers full of perch one day in a matter of two hours just in front of the house.

One particular memory was embarrassing, one I'll never live down.
It was late Sunday afternoon, most of the weekenders had gone home and only the locals remained. My husband and I were painting Aunt Shirleys' place and it was very hot. My husband was on the north side of the house and I was on the west, my back to the lake as the sun was sinking. I had put a long sleeve shirt on over my bathing suit to keep from burning and I decided to pull it off since evening was at hand and the burn factor had diminished. As I pulled the shirt off and resumed painting I failed to realize my bathing suit top came off as well. There I was painting away (over my head) as two elderly gents were making a bee line straight towards me. I couldn't help but notice how they were both leering and I stopped painting and faced them straight on for whatever they wanted. We had a short conversation about some damn awning that I had no idea about before I realized I had no top on and bolted in the house. The next morning my husband and I laughed our butts off when there were six old men fishing in front of the cottage. :-)
Good luck in your quest, hope you find the perfect place.

Bigjeff

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are going up for our annual canoe trip on the "mighty Pinnebog" river. It will be 5-6 at the most. Some friends have a cottage real close to Oak Beach Road and M-25, so I'd like to be somewhat close to them. but would be willing for anything by now. tried Craigslist, and all types of chamber of commerce websites to no avail. We only need a cottage from Thursday to Sunday. Most places are booked and won't break up the weeks. we don't need sunday to sunday whole week. Just a long weekend.

Thanks guys for the stories. We are in the process of making our own memories. many a hazy evenings up there just taking in the breeze sitting on the beach, Cocktails in hand!!!!!

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 461
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pinnebog I love that town! If that isnt nowhere I dont know what is!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pinnebog reminds me of "Nilbog" from Troll 2, pretty much the best movie ever. Nilbog is goblin spelled backwards. The two best quotes from this movie are "who's gonna eat ya lil' brother" & "you don't piss on hospitality." Rent Troll 2, you will not be sorry.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 705
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is LeBlanc's General Store still there? I worked there as a teenager. Learned everything from knife sharpening and cutting keys to cutting meat. A great experience that I wouldn't trade for anything!

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 134
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just went to caseville 2 weeks ago. As far as I could see, there was only one motel in town. It was actually about 1 mile east of town, right on the water. We stayed there but I cant remember the name of the place (I forgot it already). It was basically a mixed motel/cabin complex, and some of the cabins were pretty big.

(Message edited by kid dynamite on July 18, 2007)

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out the Huron County EDC site at http://www.huroncounty.com/?Ca sevilleLodging&page_id=304

Also look into the Port Austin area.

Also, check out rentalbug.com.

Bigjeff

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Been there, done that, to no avail. If you are up there next weekend and see a whole sea of tents on the beach, a half mile west of Oak Beach Road. give us a honk and a wave!!!we have about 30 of us canoeing that weekend!!!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2695
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coincidently, we're planning to stay at The Lodge at Oak Pointe. I haven't been there myself but my brother recommends it. They have a library and WiFi.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.