Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Mystery Traffic Spike on Saturday « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3900
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Traffic spiked on the DetroitYES forums on Saturday with almost 23K visitor sessions, almost triple a normal Saturday. The spike started on Friday which hit 16K and subsided on Sunday with 14K. The more trafficked weekday averages by comparison are 10-12K. SoulfulDetroit experienced a similarly proportioned spike.

Searching the stats reveal no answer, like a prominent incoming referral address, so I was wondering if anyone had a clue to this the origin of this interest, most likely a print, or TV type mention since there are no referral trails.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guess is the site probably hit an untapped community of Detroit expats via a blog posting.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 786
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the spike had to do with Jjaba's Yeminites post or the post about my old boss Vito Giacalone and his brother Tony Jack. Maybe Sporto's Blog is getting more hits due to the controversial content about Kentucky and they are coming from there?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe it's the two or so OCD freepers who frequent the non-D board

I looked in one evening and one of them had responded to a dozens threads in a row - I think he/she liked seeing his/her name dominate the board

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2328
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moderator --

Could you please move this to the appropriate forum? Because,

quote:

...let me advise that topics like this, discussion about the forum, belong in the Connections forum...

Thank you.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 654
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe everyone at Channel 7 was reading Steve's comments!

:-)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 647
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might have been the weather. It was REALLY unpleasant out this weekend with the heat and pressure.

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 317
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's really interesting. A while back, I remember the Forum having a lull of activity for a few weeks, so I am really happy it's been going so strong for the past months!

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1888
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I looked in one evening and one of them had responded to a dozens threads in a row - I think he/she liked seeing his/her name dominate the board

That's the guy who keeps saying he is winning all the debates.

Haydenth
Username: Haydenth

Post Number: 226
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard Soulful Detroit mentioned on one of the WDET radio shows last weekend in regards to a post about an old DJ who just passed.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The riveting discourse over on Non-Detroit regarding lady crackhead who died in ER ?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2333
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, please let us know if you determine the reason. Also, what effect did the advent of your newsletter have on the stats? It seems to have worked well!

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was about road traffic. There was surprisingly little road traffic Sunday. Restaurants were packed for Fathers' Day though. I can't imagine how that might have influenced traffic here though.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 551
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got my emailed newsletter at 5:45pm Friday. I bet people were responding to it. Probably most of the people opened the email on Saturday.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was only kidding about moving the thread...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.