Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Car window tinting -- suggestions? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Vic_doucette
Username: Vic_doucette

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought a car recently and am thinking of getting the windows tinted. Can anyone recommend a place where I can get that done well?

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do not get the windows for the front two doors tinted. It's against the law in Michigan. Cops love to pull people over for that and the ticket is worth a few hundred dollars.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you have to have a scrip

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya know--I once drove a car for my former boss with tinted front side windows, and I was pulled over and cited by the State Police for this infraction. I had to take his car, which was in the process of being sold, strip the film off of the windows and take it to a state police post to get the equipment violation off of my record.
I see cars every day with tinted side windows, done obviously for appearance. Don't see the cops pulling them over. Then again I don't see cops out patrolling the surface streets, unless they are running a speed trap (see that thread).
Apparently you can drive a car without a licence plate too, have been seeing more of that lately

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vic,

Sun Shade window tinting in Warren did a great job on my car that lasted for years without bubbles, etc (then I sold the car). They are on Van Dyke. The guy will also tell you what level of tint is legal, etc for each window... and if you decide to go beyond that will do it after you sign a waiver.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.