Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Bottle Return « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there anyplace downtown that takes bottles back for the $.10 deposit? I'm a little hesitant to go to one of the liquor stores....does anyone know if CVS takes them?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2133
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think anyplace that sells returnables has to take them back - so yes on CVS

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9190
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently you will have trouble if you have any quantity...they reserve the right to NOT accept anything not purchased there.

I take my stuff to Meijer in the off hours...although I have SO few returnables in my life, the MOST common is the gallon milk jugs from Calder's Natural Milk.

Meijer wouldn't know what to do with that one!

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harbor town will take them back, they don't have a machine, but they have a desk right by the registers when you walk in.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 119
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farmer Jack on Jefferson takes bottles and cans of all quantities back, but the machines are broken half the time.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2280
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Throw them in the trunk.

Every time you get gas give them to the person who wants a buck to pump your gas.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4969
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dabirch, always the Humanitarian.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 296
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like to drop my empties out of my sixth-storey window into the alley below. Gives the less fortunate a small source of income and when I drop heavy glass beer bottles, keeps them away from the rubbish bins that happen to be very close to directly below my window. Two fold.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams --

The only problem is when you live close to your normal gas station, and the recipient of your generosity follow you home, knocks on the door and ask if you have any more emptys in the house.

That ended that.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.