Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love/Plum Street Reunion! « Previous Next »
Archive through May 08, 2007Michele_lundgren41 05-08-07  8:09 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 167
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear California is nice.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4397
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gary Grimshaw gonna be there?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4961
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, how some decide to post on an alternative board and yet claim the moral high ground.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9407
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, I thought that hippies didn't know borders? Are you suggesting that if a person posts on one board tehy canot post on another?
You can't have it both ways.

I personally believe that the hippies (or better yet the boomer generation)has been more detrimental than good for this society.

If I understand this correctly it will be in Wyandotte because they are getting a venue for free. What happened to helping those (Detroit)who need the help? Now it is about what someone can get for free?
What happened to the new mantra of money, money, money? That's what the old hippies say today when they let go of thousands of jobs.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That's what the old hippies say today when they let go of thousands of jobs.

Can you give examples of this? I'm not aware of masses of hippies turning CEOs. Not everybody of that boomer generation was a hippie you know. Some were conservative.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's so ironic when the vapid, slacker Gen-Xers start calling the Boomers ineffectual.

I have much more hope for Gen Y and beyond.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9412
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Pam, not all. But the boomer/hippie generation sold out for the $$$ and that is something you cannot deny. They brought the excess of the '70s, the money culture of the '80s, the "downsizing" of the '90s and the sell-out/robbing of the new century.

Fury13. Yeah, because jobs and an education mean so much today. Gen X'ers can't find jobs even though many have a Master's degree. I guess that our their fault we are slackers. Sorry but we don't run the world.

(I love how the self-absorbed boomers are the first to say that everyone else is a slacker or useless. As if they didn't create the cluster fuck we are in today).

Pam

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

But the boomer/hippie generation sold out for the $$$ and that is something you cannot deny.

Some did, some didn't. This is a large group of people, they haven't all lived identical lives.
I'm not willing to generalize like that.
The only ex-hippie I know personally is far from rich these days. (BTW, I passed on the event info. to her.)

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got news for you, Goat: many Boomers with master's degrees can't find jobs either.

Like it or not, the Boomers DID bring about a lot of change in society. Much was for the better, but I will acknowledge that some of that change had a negative effect.

(Doesn't that happen with every generation? The reason that the Boomers are endlessly analyzed is because they simply had a greater effect than previous generations, with the exception of the "Greatest Generation," those who fought World War II.)

And: PEOPLE are self-absorbed; generations aren't. (But, hmmm... wasn't it Gen X that was called the "ME Generation"?)

No Gen-Xers run the world? Tell Mayor Kilpatrick that.

Pam

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Example of a boomer led company that still has progressive values:

http://www.benjerry.com/our_co mpany/our_values/

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ben and Jerry sold the company to Unilever. The values are the same, for now, but they took the check from the man.

Jams

Post Number: 4964
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Jams, I thought that hippies didn't know borders? Are you suggesting that if a person posts on one board tehy canot post on another?
You can't have it both ways.

Not in the least, I just find it funny that rather than confront someone directly there is a jump to another forum to bitch about the other forum.

Silly shit!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't find any Lundgrens.

http://corridortribe.com/

Michele_lundgren
Username: Michele_lundgren

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheesh! Are we on trial here?
I didn't say I lived in the corridor for EVER!
We've lived here since 2001 and we are NOT part of the long established TRIBE! You probably won't find Donna LeRoy, Bob Ray, Joel Landy or the DOZENS and dozens of others who live here now either! But thanks for trying to "call me out"!
Listen up Brothers and Sisters, I lived on the corner of Forest and Warren in 1967 and I live on the corner of Charlotte and Woodward now. Why are you people so argumentative, suspicious and just plain mean? I'm just so sorry I ever posted anything here in the first place. Carl and I and Patt Slack are good people and we are just trying to do something good, and once again, the "citizens" of Detroit (if any of you actually ARE citizens of Detroit) try to bring it down...what have any of you done lately to better anything anywhere for anyone? I also volunteer for The Detroit Humane Society from time to time...gonna call the Humane Society to check THAT out? 2007 is also the 40th Anniversary of the Detroit Riots. I was in the midst of THAT too, but I don't think I made the news! So please, stop the insinuations and criticisms. If you don't want to come to Wyandotte and listen to music and see art and hang out or just be part of a small reunion, then don't. Just stop trying to crush us. Just end this forum now and find something else to bicker about.
Peace.

Michele_lundgren

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should have posted something about my little event in THAT forum to BEGIN with. People THERE don't seem so judgemental and don't care WHERE you live now! LOL! Just that you were THERE once and have a connection!
Peace.

Pam

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry some jerks were giving you a hard time here Michele. Good luck with the event. My ex-hippie friend said she will be there. :-)

Jams

Post Number: 4965
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it is any consolation, I ran into an old mutual friend of ours last night and brought up this reunion, he was very interested in learning more of the details.

So your post has excited at least two people about the event.

Looking forward to it, will be interesting to catch up with others to see how their lives evolved as well.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9141
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michele,

Please do not let the bitter idiots chase you away from here, they know not what they do.

Better you stick around, weather some of the flack, and help make THIS place better. If you dare...

Cheers!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 508
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep us updated please, there are people who want the info.
Hippies are used to being hassled

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 588
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michele,

Don't let the dawgs get you down. I for one appreciate your efforts and will attend.

quote:

I should have posted something about my little event in THAT forum to BEGIN with

Please come over to the OTHER Forum and post your event, I am certain you will be warmly welcomed. Do you prefer nuts and whipped cream topped with a cherry on your Hot Fudge Sunday or prefer it plain?

See you there!

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 844
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't sweat too much, Michele, folks'll make assholey comments anywhere you go...Your event's location don't matter much - it's a state of mind, isn't it? The Fifth E-state...

Michele_lundgren

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, guys! I just finished up a meeting with Patt and we are getting the BIG Wyandotte stage with all the sound system perks! The stage is going to be set up on the big lawn by the old Bank One on Biddle down near Eureka! Right across the street is a big flowing water fountain and I can see us there dancing! The lawn is a great place for our "LOVE IN" and tons of free parking all around! The bikers who hang out on Biddle are as old as us now, LOL! And most of them are gazillionaires with really expensive "investment" rides! I just got the band PLUM STREET (really, that's what it's called), with Gary Senneck and we'll probably have Carolyn Striho. I am trying to get a big name band to show! Maybe Stoney Mazur and the Old Jagged Edge or maybe I can get The Go or The Hard Lessons! I am going to ask them! We have Jem Targel from the
old THIRD POWER. He's an amazing visual artist as well as musician...he's the featured artist for the gallery. Gary Grimshaw, who lives in Woodbridge, may be there with his wife, Laura. Gary is having some health issues right now, so we'll see. All vendors are welcome and the cost to participate to offset poster printing, banners and advertising (which isn't free), is only $15 a space. This event has a mind and will of it's own! It's coming together! Please, all our welcome and it's FREE!!!
Love and Peace, Michele

Michele_lundgren

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PS. The event is FREE to all! The table space for vendors isn't! Sorry!
Thanks! M

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2262
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Michele! I know Gary Senick and his Plum Street band!! Gary used to work with me years ago, and since my husband is also a musician and we have many mutual friends, we see him regularly. In fact, he was out to see my husband play last night. My husband also knows Jem Targel!! So, depending on your event's schedule and my husband's gig schedule, we or I (with friends) will be there!!!

Kathleen

Post Number: 2301
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keeping this thread alive so it doesn't fall off the page.....

Michele: Any more details to share?

Michele_lundgren

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOOD MORNING!!! Is Summer "officially" here now that Memorial Day is over? If so, don't forget our planned event...
The 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love/Plum Street Reunion!
Remember the NEW DATES...
Friday, July 20th 11AM-9PM
On the streets of DOWNTOWN WYANDOTTE, MICHIGAN
Vendors, musicians, poets and old hippies are wanted to participate! Please call River's Edge Gallery 734-246-9880 or Michele Lundgren 248-722-8880 for more information! Peace!

Kathleen

Post Number: 2359
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking an opportunity to bump this....

here's a Summer of Love flashback... http://music.msn.com/music/fea tures/summeroflove?GT1=10095&

Jams

Post Number: 5379
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Kathleen

Post Number: 2370
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michelle,

Is there a schedule of events, including the start times for the various musical acts?

Thanks.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2464
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Michelle!! Nice to meet you and Carl last night at your Arts, Beats, and Eats booth!!

I found your MySpace page on the Summer of Love 40th Anniversary as you mentioned, so am posting it here for others to enjoy: http://profile.myspace.com/ind ex.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro file&friendID=197902940

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.