Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Kwame's dad pleads the Fifth « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit mayor's father declines to testify in lawsuit

quote:

"This itself of course raises questions as to the breadth of possible wrongdoing," the county said in documents filed Wednesday in federal court in Detroit.

I know you’re not supposed to assume guilt when someone pleads the Fifth Amendment, but what other conclusion can one draw?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 955
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sounds more like he is not quite sure of the "whole situation" so he is staying quiet on this one. This is the same as alleged murders not defending themselves in cases and such. It doesn't mean they are guilty, it means they want the prosecutors to prove the case.

He may not have anything to do with the one guys dealings, it was stated that one of his board members had a relationship with him. I don't blame him for not speaking on this one, especially if he is not directly linked to this.

Make the prosecutors earn their money and make a strong case, if not, he will be dropped off the suit.

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus

Post Number: 162
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he's "not quite sure of the whole situation" he could testify "I don't know." Someone pleads the fifth because they don't want to incriminate themselves. I think that speaks for itself. How can you incriminate yourself if you've done nothing wrong? It's okay to assume he's guilty of something, unless you are his judge or on his jury.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3161
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That picture of Bernard Kilpatrick sorta sent shivers down my spine. I picture that as what KK will look like in his 33rd year as mayor of Detroit in the 2030's...

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No need to worry about 33 years. Detroit will be bankrupt well before that time.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 207
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nicely said Detroit Snooze:

"If he won't help city and county government in providing information on how public money was spent, he is useless as a public official."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/U PDATE/612010427

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7323
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure I've seen that cat down at Bert's.

I've gotta keep up on all the rogue's gallery...never know who I might see misbehaving. There could be a revenue stream in this somewhere...

Heard just last week that there was a fist fight a month ago between two gangs of older men INSIDE of the Roma Cafe...that Meaney guy of the Corktown development fame and another guy I'll name as soon as I can catch my friend who saw the whole thing.

I just might have to break down and get one of those cell phones with a camera built in...maybe as soon as they can get it to do HDTV quality.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, a lie is a lie is a lie.
No gray area.
Fess up to your transgressions, my bratha!
The truth shall set you free.
Stupid is as stupid does.
ok, I'm done.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh crap, maybe he hasn't done a darn thing wrong.
What do I know of this man's dealings?

Maybe he's the only honest one out there and he really is getting his ducks in a row and keeping quiet til he just goes all Ninja on all the evil-doers.
Gannon, keep an eye out for him - you'll recognize him by his snappy chapeau.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7330
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, there is really no evidence that McNamara ever let ethical and honest people hang around him on a regular basis, certainly NOT in positions of authority. (or is that prostitutions of authority?!)

(I keed, I keed)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nyeck, nyeck, nyeck!
Like my grandpa used to say (and everyone else's too) "Eh, they're all a bunch of crooks!"

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well good morning Judge, how are you today
I'm in trouble, please put me away
A pretty thing took a shine to me
I couldn't stop her so I let it be
I couldn't stop her so I let it be

(He didn't do it)
(He wasn't there)
(He didn't want it)
(He wouldn't dare)

Well good morning Judge, yes I'm back again
I'm in trouble, so it's back to the pen
I found a car but I couldn't pay
I fell in love and I drove it away
I fell in love and I drove it away

(He didn't do it)
(He wasn't there)
(He didn't want it)
(He wouldn't dare)
I didn't do it, I wasn't there
I didn't want it, I wouldn't dare

Alcatraz is like a home sweet home
I'm so wanted and I'm never alone
San Quentin is the place to be
I'm so happy I don't wanna be free
So happy I don't wanna be free
So happy I don't wanna be free

Good Morning Judge lyrics by 10cc

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.