Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » GUY DRIVES INTO THE ATLAS BUILDING BLOCK! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just caught the tail end of this on the news.....does anyone know any more? This car was totally incased in the building!

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7173
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Related thread:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/88015.html?1164826958

(Message edited by itsjeff on November 29, 2006)

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2977
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frenchman's second date?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10934
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Must have got more than a kiss in the car this time. LMAO

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!!!

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are moving onto that block. I just called my fiancee who is over there working on our space, and he just walked down the block, and told me that yes, in fact, there is a giant gaping hole with a tarp over it, they smashed thru the scissor gate and everything. That has to SUCK for the guy who lives in that space. I am sure the building owner has insurance though.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7267
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saw it last night on my way home from dinner at around eight o'clock...couple of cop cars looked like the just pulled over a full-sized van, but they were blocking 2/3rds of the street so I peered closer before turning left on Russell and saw a dark car punched through the wall...and security gates. I think they slowed the car down a great deal.

It was not easy for them to do this...like they aimed for it from the speed lane deliberately, it was a pretty fierce angle...almost perpendicular. Not easy to do on a narrowed boulevard.

I thought about going home to get my camera for y'all, but had to pass both Vivio's and Bert's on the way...and found myself at the Miami after forgetting about it all.

Been different if it were Blondy's building.

Cheers.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where is the atlas building? I can only picture where the atlas restaurant is...

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon I want photos....what kind of journalist are you?

Out for some of those adult refreshments before going back to work on the DY forum beat.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7176
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can only picture where the atlas restaurant was...

Mjb3
Username: Mjb3

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not how I play "Traffic cop/Naughty speeder"

These kind of dates don't end well...even for the frenchman. Sacre bleu!!!

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 391
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Atlas Building not restaurant. The Building is on Gratiot just north of Russell.

The restauraunt is on Woodward in the Addison Apt building.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 626
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did this incident occur at the Atlas Building on Gratiot, or at the Addison Building on Woodward that houses the Atlas restaurant?

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

\quote[I can only picture where the atlas restaurant was...]

is/was...I never went to that dive anyhow

Gannon

Post Number: 7271
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It happened at some building on the block just north of Russell on the south side of Gratiot.

Everyone calls the corner building the Atlas, I thought, the six-story one with the Rocky lofts.

It was further up the block, about a third or halfway.

Aschar76
Username: Aschar76

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a picture from this afternoon.This nearly mid block and the car was halfway into the building how,why turn there? Tarps up scotty question are these lofts or closed store fronts being lived in?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 470
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would not have happened if we had better transit!

It would have been a bus! :-)

Gannon

Post Number: 7370
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you have against buildings, 'planner?!

A bus would've made a bigger hole.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 472
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

geez gannon its sarcasm?

Gannon

Post Number: 7376
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So's MINE!

What a co-incidence!

Just play along...watch Itsjeff and I closely, if you need any pointers.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5245
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw a po'folk on Gratiot and E. Vernor pooping on the sidewalk like the stray dog he is. Folks out there need our help. Especially in this avent season. ALL MEN MUST CARE ON CHRISTMAS FOR JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3000
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This would not have happened if we had better transit"

speaking of frenchmen

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.