Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photo Du Jour - November 28 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6028
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today's then & now P.D.J.. Renovations at their finest.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what happened to that old Greyhound sign?

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what happened to good taste?

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8997
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Contrast that to the piece of crap design of the new station and I would take the makeover of the old any day.

Blitz
Username: Blitz

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tear that schitt down, that thing is an embarrassment.

Any pics of the new station anywhere?

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The older picture is great. Looks like it was "remodeled" in the 70's. Sad.

They had style during the mid century. I swear, i was born 30 to 40 years too late! I love art deco style up to mid century modern. I wish we as a society would go back to more classic designs.

Fastcarsfreedom
Username: Fastcarsfreedom

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Beadgrl--if you like mid-century modern, you might want to spin by the Cleary Guest House on the Windsor riverfront at the foot of Ouelette Avenue. It was designed by architectural firm Johnson & McWhinnie and built in 1957. It will fall shortly to make way for something called the "Peace Beacon".

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4515
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In 1963, jjaba worked the Travelers Aid Booth at Larned St. Greyhound Station. It was sleek with deck parking and all buses rolling inside on the main floor. Now it's gone too.

Your Windsor Terminal had 2nd storey windows. Wow, what a difference AC makes, eh.

jjaba wishes more public bldgs. had canopies so customers didn't have to dart in and out of the rain, sleet, and snow storms. Your station removed this comfort. Coming from Vancouver for example, passengers would get smacked hard with Ontario weather.

jjaba, sitting next to a Scot with kilts on the Tunnel Bus.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.