Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Anyone have a good website on the '67 riots? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Specifically, I'm looking for something with photographs...maybe something showing Detroit before and after the riots...

thanks

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 144
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is probably the best:
http://www.67riots.rutgers.edu /d_index.htm

Thejesus

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks

Thejesus

Post Number: 359
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"after the last police car left, a small group of men who were “confused and upset because they were kicked out of the only place they had to go” lifted up the bars of an adjacent clothing store and broke the windows. From this point of origin, further reports of vandalism diffused. Looting and fires spread through the Northwest side of Detroit, then crossed over to the East Side."

lol, yep, that makes sense

Chucktown_motown
Username: Chucktown_motown

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went down to 12th and Clairmount today to the park, the sclupture park where it all started and went down. Sat in the park, smoked a blunt and besides all the broken glass and the crap on the ground it's the same as the time's that I have been there before, it's a nice park. The tables have chess/checker boards on them and the sclupture looks good. I can just picture it all going down. When you drive down the streets in the area you can still see the scars in some places. 1/2 blocks with no houses. Oh s*** I just remembered that's most of our city...Lil' Beruit...

Madanthonywayne
Username: Madanthonywayne

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did you miss the previous threadon the riots about 3 weeks ago? alot of photos were posted. try the WSU urban studies archive.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3320
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/6790/85676.html?11624125 72

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.