Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Red Wings on South Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Innovator
Username: Innovator

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did anyone just see the red wings on south park? they were just depicted beating a pee wee hockey team playing for a cancer patient 31-2, beating up little kids along the way.

i thought it was pretty funny.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 931
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

crazy i just posted the same thing! it was great

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terrible, yet terribly funny!

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 883
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked the rediculous celebration they had at the end (after beating a bunch of children).

Dbc
Username: Dbc

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mullets were fantastic!

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was really funny. Babcock was dead on.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 932
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

his dad was funny too

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maltby was lookin good.

Was that Shanney making out with Zetterberg? (I guess this was filmed last season....)

hahahahaha. That is some funny shite.

Kgrimmwsu
Username: Kgrimmwsu

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Let them play. Let them play."

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 205
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they had a player wearing #9 though. trey and matt should know better.

no idea what the point of that episode was though...just to poke fun at "feel good" kids movies? seems like low-hanging fruit for them.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm fairly convinced they wrote the entire episode to display their discontent with the Red Wings. What else could the point of it have been?

How great is it that the Wings won AND they killed a kid with cancer?!

And those movie introduction voice overs...I think I've seen all of those movies!

Ltrain
Username: Ltrain

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wings have been getting air play on "All My Children" too. One of the characters is a big Wings fan and dresses up Kendall's kid in Wing gear. At least that is what someone told me.

Hit24sqft
Username: Hit24sqft

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Red Wings jerseys are highly sought after. In 2002, the last time they won the cup, I was in Merthyr Tidfill, a coal mining center in central Wales. I went to a sporting goods store to get a Welsh soccer jersey. At that store they were selling Red Wings jerseys for high prices. The manager told me they sold as soon as he put them on display.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 573
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That was really funny. Babcock was dead on.

They weren't depicting Mike Babcock. The coach of the Red Wings in this episode was supposed to be Emilio Estevez's character from "The Mighty Ducks" and he hugs his dad like that at the end of the movie. They even had the red-headed love interest sitting in the stands, just like in The Mighty Ducks.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand what they were going for. The guy looked like Mike Babcock though.

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He looked just like Babcock. It was dead on.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 616
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stopped watching after the Steve Irwin comment. Totally tasteless

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you must not make it to the end of many South Park episodes, Genesyxx.

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Steve Irwin comments did approach a new line of crass-ness, even for South Park.

Mc5rules
Username: Mc5rules

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, there were two Steve Irwin comments, which I think were probably inserted because they caught so much hell for the Steve Irwin gag in Satan's Super-Sweet 16 episode. I didn't have a problem with that. I had way more of a problem with the fact that it seems like they've made THAT episode a couple of times already (little league, special olympics, time share ski resort all had many of the same elements).

Tomoh
Username: Tomoh

Post Number: 269
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching the movie Four Brothers yesterday, and unfortunately the DVD broke after the first 30 minutes. But that first half hour not only had Marky Mark in a Red Wings jersey, which is pure Hollywood, but it had black dudes watching hockey. Pure Detroit!

Dbt
Username: Dbt

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching it w/ a buddy. As soon as the episode ended we both said, "WTF?" Then there was a brief pause and he then said, "Well, at least the Wings won." Touche!

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So another "You know you are from Detroit if:" blurb would be ...."you are a black dude who watches hockey games?"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.