Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » What happened in front of Marios last night? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Street taped off, cop cars there for hours....what happened?

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7050
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ella's Halloween party?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man Driving Stolen SUV Involved In Wreck

"The driver of the SUV hit a WSU police car at Second and Willis streets, then rolled over and hit a 22-year-old woman, according to police.

The victims were taken to a nearby hospital and expected to recover."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/10207812/detail.html

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now THAT's why I don't eat at Mario's...

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 891
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeesh, random runnings-over.........Remember when Aurilio Lopez got ran over in Mexicantown? Does anyone have any other stories of famous people being randomly run over in Metro Detroit?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was Aurelio Rodriguez.

Troy
Username: Troy

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The scene was crazy last night. I heard the bang. Sounded like a car hit a house not another car. There was no screaching of tires or locking up of brakes. Within 1 minute two other cops were there then within 5 minutes there were 20 cop cars (actual number). Two fire trucks showed up and got out the jaws of life but were not needed. Both the girl and the cop were taken away in ambulances. My neighbor witnessed two guys running away from the wreck in different directions. Hope the pieces of shit get their due. Lots of fun action on the corner. The cop must have been injured enough that he did not get our of his vehicle until assisted by medics using a board. Even though the two perps high tailed out like little scared kids.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 892
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rodriguez, Lopez, whatever......

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure that the Rodriguez family feels the same way.

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mario's is the worst restaurant in the metro area, IMO. their advertising in metro times is also the creepiest thing ive ever seen. a girl in a bikini eating a sausage while her body is decorated with lobster carcasses. with really lurid captions too.

vince, the owner, is a prick to boot. i worked there for two months before i got let go because of lack of business in the summer. same thing happened to 50% of the wait staff.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 394
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe you were let go because you were a lousy employee? Maybe that's why you have such a low opinion of the place. Maybe that's why you feel Vince is a prick.

Detroitej72

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its a damn good place

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't Auerilio Lopez die in a car wreck too?

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 670
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ate there a couple weeks back and had a great meal. At first thought it was a little pricey until you realise how much food you get - salad - soup - garnish tray etc.

Glad it still can hold it's own.

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Didn't Auerilio Lopez die in a car wreck too"

I thought he was killed in Mexico.

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never worked at Mario's and I agree Vince is a douce bag. The food is great but his arrogant ass will never get a dime from me. And why does the city allow him to park his valet cars on Second anyways?

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 162
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also to update everyone, the police officer has a serious concussion and injuries to his shoulder. The pedestrian is in critical condition and was unable to breath on her own. I heard she was in surgery for most of the day.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 395
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also to update everyone, the police officer has a serious concussion and injuries to his shoulder. The pedestrian is in critical condition and was unable to breath on her own. I heard she was in surgery for most of the day.

Lets all pray for a speedy recovery for them both.

p.s. note to pam;
correct my grammer if you will, I know it makes you fell REAL GOOD!

Love, Detroitej72

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3129
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fell?

<<laffin

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Senior Smoke died in Mexico when his car flipped over. I believe it was 1992.

(Message edited by rjk on November 01, 2006)

Detroitej72

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Senior Smoke died in Mexico while he was driving around in his car as mayor. He was thrown from the car and died instantly.

Auerilio Rod. was killed in Mexican Town while standing at a corner by a passing car that jumped a curb.

Senior Smoke was a good reliver on the 84 pitching staff, Auerilio "the original" A-Rod, was a fine 3rd baseman with our late 70's Beloved Bengles.

Detroitej72

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 608
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

p.s. note to pam;
correct my grammer if you will, I know it makes you fell REAL GOOD!

No, it doesn't. I just want to be able to read stuff here and not get a headache.

On topic, sorry about the folks who got hurt.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

No, it doesn't. I just want to be able to read stuff here and not get a headache.

Hahaha ...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.