Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Name this place? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This one should be easy.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3189
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exiting the Tunnel?

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 368
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It appears to be the tunnel also, with the signals that go underground.

Flybydon

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was to easy.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3201
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, if you've ever been stuck waiting forever in the customs line, there is nothing else to look at or read and that gets imprinted. Nice angle on Ford Auditorium BTW.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4611
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That, and where else in the area are you going to find a Michigan welcome sign. It pretty much narrowed it down to two locations.

Nice aerial, Don.

Flybydon

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell & Lmichigan, I mentioned that this one would be easy. I see that it's going to be difficult to stump most of you. Next time around I'll be more creative.

"Lmichigan: You may want to try putting a half a dozen, or so, in one post instead of posting one pic per post so as not to clutter."

Duly noted. I'll keep them all on one next time. Thanks.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 688
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don-
Do you ever take passengers on your fly-bys? How much to buy a seat?

Flybydon

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: Do you ever take passengers on your fly-bys? How much to buy a seat?

Sorry, but No. First my insurance company would go ballistic should anything happen, unless you are a FAA Certified Licensed Pilot. Second most people don’t handle the yanking and banking very well. (Sick Bags)
What I would suggest is that you call any local flight instructor and ask for an introductory flight. Should this be for a younger person fifteen and under, I would suggest the Young Eagles Program sponsored by the EAA (Experiential Aircraft Association). They fly kids free once a month on Saturday mornings in hopes of sparking an interest in aviation. Should you like to know more about when and where send me an email
don at aerialpics dot com

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4613
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don, that's one of my favorite views of the financial district. Do you, perhaps, have a larger one showing the areas to the right and left, as well?

Flybydon

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Do you, perhaps, have a larger one showing the areas to the right and left, as well?"

Lmichigan: That's all at this time. I'll keep that thought for further reference.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.