Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » So I'm on hold with DWSD (redux) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 869
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cleaned the curbfront this weekend. Now, water is pooling on the sidewalk and the ground is like a sponge. This is going to be a major mess when it freezes.

Broken_main? Any help is appreciated! 2541 Field, if it helps.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5945
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric, good luck.

I dealt with that on my side a few years ago, it took them a few days to get to it. I had water shooting through the cracks in the sidewalk.

Eric_c

Post Number: 870
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Days would be awesome. We're working on about a month right now.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5947
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drag...

A month you first notified them?

Eric_c

Post Number: 871
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I couldn't get through on the phone, so I posted here and Broken_main got an initial evaluation crew to come out, but other than a barricade "marker" nothing else has happened. Now it's worse.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 683
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a car-swallowing hole is the next logical step. There may be a response after that.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7046
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One hellofa burp, I imagine.

Ericdfan
Username: Ericdfan

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its prolly been broken like that 4 months..you just unplugged it when you cleaned the curb...

im joking of course

Eric_c

Post Number: 872
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...givin' us a little bump, here...

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4040
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's form a hockey team and play at eric_c's rink this winter. :-)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6947
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric_c,

Park something there that you can claim sentimental value...might be able to score a wee nest egg that you can use for the Fields purchase.

Gotta stay a step or so ahead...

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric_c, I just spoke with someone in maintenance and repair. It appears that they seem to be "backlogged". In my honest opinion I think its a bunch of BS the way that the administration is treating these important issues.

I will call it in again and tell them that we are dealing with a major slip and fall issue. To be perfectly honest, i am always questioning why the city can gather all of these "volunteers" for devils and pay them but they won't allow for overtime for these same employees to get the work done for the people. Due to the fact that I have been recently disciplined for some of my actions, i feel I need to nix this discussion right now. I will however forward this complaint once again to maintenance and repair. I suggest that you all do the same at 267-7401 or 02.

I am with you all the way

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 885
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<< Cheering for Broken_main!

Eric_c

Post Number: 873
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God bless your sweet heart.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.