Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photo Du Jour - October 26 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5936
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is today's Slumpin' P.D.J.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8930
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't they donate it to someone or tear the damn thing down? MSU hasn't been kind to it and I doubt they will do anything with it.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God, that's sad. Once a fine old building is now a dangerous eyesore.

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been watching Slumpy for about 20 years now, from abandonment to what looked like a start at rehab to its current sorry state. I have often wondered who owned it, and always assumed that it belonged to the city since it had that "D" for demolition painted on its foundation. Goat, are you saying it belongs to MSU? Wow, that's quite a surprise. Did they ever have a plan for it that they shared with the public? If they are the owners, what's their excuse for its horrible deterioration?

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about a house "settling!" That'd be a spooky house to spend the night in with all the creaks and groans going on in there! Eeeeooouuu! Shiver!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.