Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Stroh River Place....Opinions? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thegse
Username: Thegse

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Felt bad Hijacking another thread so...Hve you lived in RiverPlace or know anyone who has. What are the Pros and Cons of living there or anywhere in Rivertown for that matter. I will Start:
Pros-
The River
Chene Park/Tricentennial
upcoming RiverWalk
Near the RenCen
Walkable variety of bars and reastaurants
As safe and clean as anywhere downtown
kick ass view of fireworks
close to belle isle
plenty of free parking/cheap parking in a secure garage (24hr)
Nice variety of people young old rich and working
Really only one full time homeless guy and Bruce is a pretty cool dude
Free billiards at the Omni
one of the best and most honest car mechanics in the city
cons-
Not much of a singles scene
NIT students can be very rude and they litter
not much else I can think of at the moment honestly:-)

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't live there and haven't seen any of the condos or lofts there, but I work in the building and I love it down there. And yes, on occasion NIT students can be rude. But your list pretty well answered itself. And I'm getting very excited for the RiverWalk. They've been planting trees lately and putting in benches.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have friends that live @ River place. Oh what I would do if I made their kind of bread. Great place to live. Crashed many o' times on their couch. Neighbors very friendly. also a great place to start an evening of festivities downtown. with They say, Atwater Brewery, and Andrew's on the corner. Many different vibes and atmosphere's to begin the evening. Especially with a friend of mine driving the shuttle bus for Andrew's to all Lions, Tigers, and redwing games. Providing safe transportation back home and just a short stumble back to the loft. Many breakfast at the Omni trying to nurse a hangover.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.