Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Status of Argonaut Building? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 697
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I and a couple of other people have asked about this in the past few months and not gotten any replies. Maybe there's a news blackout, but someone must know (and probably doesn't check this board) what's up with the lack of redevelopment activity at the Argonaut Building. After some dumpster shuffling and skywalk removal activity in the summer of '05, practically nothing visible from the outside has happened there. Did the deal fall through?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5913
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you seen the economy?

Burnsie

Post Number: 698
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't anything be posted on here without a smartass comment in return?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 846
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Burnsie... nope. Some people just have to be the resident ass.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I didn't think that was a smartass comment. I thought it was reality. I was going to post the same thing.

Chub
Username: Chub

Post Number: 412
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But most people don't like reality here. It's just no fun I'm told.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the Argonaut.

Aiw

Post Number: 5914
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How is reality smart assed? It seems pretty obvious to me, with a little use of one's own common sense, as to why the project hasn't moved forward.

Have a fucking look around. Take a drive and look at all the closed factories and listen to the sound of jobs leaving the metro area.

The argonaut building is fucking enormous, and the current economic situation is the metro area doesn't really lend itself to the outlay of cash a develloper would have to front to get a million + sq. feet of space converted towards residential use.

Even buildings that are far more feasible for rehab/conversion seem stalled. How about the Lafayette Building?

There is just currently no catalyst to require expedious work of that project. I'm just speculating, but I bet the project has been mothballed/shelved for the time being.

Burnsie

Post Number: 699
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aiw-- Yes, I've had a "fucking look around." Maybe it did fall through because of the economy. But it would be nice to have some authoritative word from someone and not just total assumption.

"I'm just speculating"-- Yes, you are. So there's no need for you to be obnoxious when someone asks a reasonable question.

Aiw

Post Number: 5917
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Have you seen the economy?

That was my initial reply. I'm sorry that your skin is so thin that you took that response to be obnoxious.

Like I said, it is common sense. Use it.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either you know the status of the Argonaut building or you don't!!!

That's all he/she was asking!!!!313

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10815
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

last I heard was April 2005:

Redevelopment of Argonaut Building for $64 million.
COPYRIGHT 2005 PRIMEDIA Business Magazines & Media

DETROIT | The Argonaut Building in the New Center area will be redeveloped to accommodate housing, office and retail.

Incentives for the building were given through a $5.6 million brownfield Single Business Tax credit approved by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.

Beantown
Username: Beantown

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many of you probably know this already, but The Argonaut is being handled by Esquire Properties, the same marketing and sales team that is handling the Book-Cadillac (and Book Tower eventually). If a person was motivated to get the latest status of the Argonaut, they could always contact Esquire for an update.

http://www.esquirepropertiesde troit.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.