Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Let's take pride in our city and maybe othe people will « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lcr
Username: Lcr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you are proud of living in the city of Detroit go to the site www.bestplaces.net and leave feedback about the city. I've looked at the ratings and they are horrible. I know that Detroit is having huge problems right now. But at the same time there are positive things going on. Since so many people (people who have moved long ago, people who live in the suburbs and some people who live in the city) have already told everyone what the bad things are about Detroit, let's go to the site and let people know some of the things that we consider positive. We really need to take pride in our city and stop bashing it nationally. It’s true that there are a lot of problems here, I'm sure that everyone on the planet knows by now. People are trying to make it better. But in my opinion one of the reasons why we are not growing and losing people every year is because we help the media spread negativity about the city. Most big cities have problems similar to ours, maybe not as extreme but there are problems. But in spite of it all the citizens are still ready to tell other people what is good about it. Seriously people, if you live in the Detroit area and you plan on staying here go to this site and other sites or just talk to people. Let them know all the things that are happening that we all discuss on this site. Go further than telling the people of Detroit... Let's tell the world. So when you have time go to www.bestplaces.net and leave positive feedback. Let's stop scaring people away from the city and them complaining about the population declining and the lack of growth. This message was not meant to be rude or an attack on anyone. I'm just trying to get people from Detroit to lose the inferior complex.

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 326
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where do you leave feedback on that site?

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 585
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lcr, I am not sure if you want Miss_cleo leaving Detroit feeback. :-)

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wanted to read what people wrote. Thanks for your concern though.....people who make uncalled for comments like you are part of the reason Detroit has image problems

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2952
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Cleo, your well publicized move up north and your rather negative feedback on this forum is why Upinottawa said that about you. From all the posts you have put on this forum, you do tend to look at Detroit in a bad light.

You do so like to state that you're glad you "got the hell out" of metro Detroit. So when you said "uncalled for comments", I burst out laughing! :-)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 541
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it seemed pretty "called-for" to me.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8905
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to register on the site to comment...no thanks.

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 329
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I missed the part that says you must gush about Detroit to post here.

Blaw82
Username: Blaw82

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This forum is called DetroitYES! though Miss_cleo. That YES! at the end sort of gives it a positive outlook on Detroit. And it seems you have a negative perspective on the city.

Lcr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like I said before, my post was not meant to be a personal attack on anyone. Notice that I used the words "in my opionion" and "we" when I made the comment "one of the reasons that we are not growing is because people tend to help the media spread negativity. "We" meaning the people of Detroit. Obviously, I don't know everyone in Detroit, but from my experience a lot of the negativity comes from people who lives here and complain about the declining population. I never said that any one person on this site or anyone person in Detroit was the reason for the city's problem. And this is an open forum about Detroit. So any opinion (which is what I had about people spreading negativity" is called for because the site kind of ask people to discuss Detroit and it's issues. What is inappropriate is comments made intentionally to bring negative attention to Detroit on a site that's called DETROITYES!

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 837
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lcr, welcome!

You'll see what folks are talking about when you read the comments. I completely agree with your thought here:

"What is inappropriate is comments made intentionally to bring negative attention to Detroit on a site that's called DETROITYES!

It is the opinion of many posters here (myself included) that "some people" spend most of their posts this way.

later - naturalsister

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 333
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF you all put up with Karl you can put up with me

Lcr

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You do have to register but it's free and it don't take long--about as much time as this site. But it's cool if you don't feel like it. I'm not trying to pressure people, I just thought that it was something good and creative to do. The whole point is just for Detroit to stand up for ourselves. :-)

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read the report from the Cali person. Glowing!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... well stated... you are correct Miss_cleo! :-)

Rossco
Username: Rossco

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Man Busted for Mannequin Fetish Again:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0 ,2933,222937,00.html

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who cares what ignorant people think???

No place is perfect for everyone. Let them stay in their dull, stale whereever they live. And let the people who love and appreciate all that Detroit has to offer continue to do so in relative peace. Others will jump on the bandwagon soon enough.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.