Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photo Du Jour - October 19 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5909
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is today's P.D.J.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your place would look great with a rot iron fence around it instead of chain link.....but I am sure that is on your list someday.......great job

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's hope that any future iron fence isn't the rotting kind, but rather the wrought iron kind!!

AIW...the place is looking good!!!

Aiw

Post Number: 5910
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks.

FYI - The chain link fence has been there a while. I'm not sure when it went in, however it beats the fence that was around it in the late 70's.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You must have some great views from the windows facing that brick building!!!

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yea, yea, wrought.......I know, I just looked over my post again and was like, "what the h#ll?"......typing in a hurry

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry...it was just too funny to pass up!!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8901
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad they added that huge (and improperly built) addition to the house they are painting near your house. You can see how wonderful that home can really be.

All it takes is for one person to start on their house before the catalyst begins. Great job AIW.

Aiw

Post Number: 5911
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, someone asked me the other day... Have they broken ground on the bus terminal yet?

Look out your front window and let me know.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8904
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes they have. The fence has been put around the site and they did have shovels in the ground about a week ago. Nothing has happened since!
With regards to the funding from the province; I thought the deadline for getting this going had already passed.

On a much brighter note, I have talked with various people at the city admin (and with councillors) and it looks like the urban village will be getting going (as in tenders and promotion, not yet building)after the elections.
What had slowed the process down was the stupid arena dilemma. Now that it has been put to rest somewhat the city will now be concentrating on that development.
I think that with land swaps for the arena and the urban village look to the middle of 2007 to late 2007 for announcements...but then again.

(Message edited by GOAT on October 19, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.