Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Motor City memories Show at the redford theatre -10-15-06 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 642
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

October 15, 2006 at 8:00 pm
the Motor city theatre organ society (owners/operators/restorers of the Redford theatre), the Motor city blight busters and the artists village presents
"Motor City Memories"

Starring
The Miracles
and
The Contours
with Special Guests Pat Lewis & Randy Rainey
LIVE

Tickets $45, $35 & $25
available at the Redford Theatre, Artist Village, Meijer Stores*
and online at starticketsplus.com*

www.redfordtheatre.com

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They have a nice mix of Old movies and live shows. I would encourage people to go their and support the theater.
Thank you packman

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've passed through the Old Redford area lots of times since my early teens and I've never been to the Redford Theatre. I saw the pix of it on the internet and I was just awestruck by what I've seen. If they ever host bodybuilding shows there, or show Sean Connery 007 flix, I'm definitely going out there.

BTW, 4 those who may/may not know this, a brief history of Redford Township (est.1832, 1833). Did anyone know that at one point in time between 5 Points and Greenfield from Schoolcraft to 8 Mile consisted of Redford? I found this out online (the well-popular internet encyclopedia-I forgot the name) and I was just plain flabbergasted-did I spell that right? And within that 15 plus square mile area I have even came across some historical markers that read 'Of Redford', or 'Of Old Redford' i.e. St. Mary's Catholic Church, Redford High School, etc.. If anyone drives anywhere in the area(s) I mentioned, especially on the outskirts of Henry Ford High School, You can tell by the designs of the homes there that at one point in time this part of Detroit was Redford Township. Why? Because it's a spittin' image of Redford. I've literally seen parts of Detroit that I never knew existed-seriously!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.