Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Tigers, what can we say... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a game, what a day for Detroit,, unbelievable, fans called me from out of town (chicago) to say they couldnt believe how great Detroit and its fans looked on tv,,

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 770
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow. this is the happiest i have been as a detroit sports fan. even happier than when the pistons or wings won their respective championships. and i am not even that big of a baseball fan.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring On Oakland!!! Big props to our Motor City Kitties.

The best part was watching the dejected faces of the Yankee players. That big cry you hear comming the east is Yankee Nation!

GO TIGERS!!!

Detroitej72... Lifelong Tigers Fan.

Erichp77
Username: Erichp77

Post Number: 210
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HELLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2898
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't it great watching Tiger Kenny Rogers spraying the crowd with Champagne after the game! They went nuts! That was one great scene I will always remember...

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4393
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you beat the powerful Yankees with quality ballgames, it feels so sweet. Bless you boys.

Good luck next stop, Tigers.
jjaba.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree! Taking out the "damned" Yankees... that is so special after all the decades they have pounded Detroit.

Gistok

Post Number: 2901
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't it seem kinda like Deja Vu tonight... sorta like the Yankees were the Red Wings in early playoff elimination... except tonight we were the "other" team!! :-)

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 802
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most impressed the fans did not rush the field. This may be the first time since 68 that that shameful tradition was not followed.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 336
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tis' not shameful unless the fine folk act like fools.

Keep it cool Detroit, and we (hopefully) can stop national a$$clowns from bringing back the 84 "burning police car" incident.

Detroitej72, remembers 84 without the fools the national media searches for and finds.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bless those boys.

Detroit + playoff baseball = heaven

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 732
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate the Yank-me's!

If this were the last game the Tig's win...it is the sweetest. Ya gotta love it!

Detroitej72

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's all join hands now. The person beside you now is your brother(s) and sister(s), SCREAM out now "BLESS YOU BOYS!!!

Long Live The Restored Roar!

We ate in 68, restored the roar in 84, and now enjoyed the boy's of 06, show me your pics!!!

Detroitej72...Let's pick a slogan for our Tigers.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1140
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit did look grand on TV today. Sitting out here in CA and wishing I was in the city on such a glorious Saturday afternoon.

That place is just electric! The fans sound great. And to see those boys out on the field celebrating with the fans, it really makes one feel like we are all in this together. That we can't live without them and they can't without us.

I hope to get up to Oakland this week. We'll have to see how my wallet is feeling :-)

Go Tigers!

Gistok

Post Number: 2903
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although many have waxed poetically about the magic at Tiger Stadium over all the decades, last night was what appears to be the first truly magical moment at Comerica Park...

Motownman
Username: Motownman

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone see how ARods face looked? Priceless :-)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd say there were a lot of magic moments over the course of this season that culminated over this weekend. The game friday night seemed like a scene out of a movie though.

^^yeah, Joe Torre's expressions were great too. I've enjoyed reading today's NY Times!

Expat
Username: Expat

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a former Detroiter, who has now lived for many years in Boston, let's just say I took a double pleasure in seeing the Tigers completely dominate the Yankees! Best of luck against Oakland.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 321
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can't rush the field, which is just a shame. There's policemen lined up all around the perimeter.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4397
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenny Rogers was pouring Champagne on one of Detroit's Finest. He got soaked and laughed about it. Try that on the Eastside sometime.

jjaba, LOL.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that was one of the State boys. That really suprised me.

Ericdfan
Username: Ericdfan

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he asked permission b4 he did it, i guessed the cop didn't mind...

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 511
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could see the officer smiling. It looked like he wanted no part of it, but wasn't about to say no.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.