Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Nicholson Dry Dock and Terminal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 689
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone out there got any pictures of the railroad operations at the facility? I'm looking for either the ex-NYC steamers or the Lima diesel that worked there in the mid '60's.

Thanks in advance.

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 280
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend the book "Trackside around Detroit Downriver 1946-1976 with Emery Gulash" by Jerry A. Pinkepank. Includes photos of the following industrial and terminal switching companies: Detroit Terminal, Union Belt associated railroads, Detroit Marine Terminals, Ford at Rouge Steel, Delray Connecting, Great Lakes Steel/National Steel, Detroit Edison, NICHOLSON TERMINAL AND DOCK CO., Wyandotte Terminal, Wyandotte Southern, Fort Street Union Terminal, and the Detroit Harbor Terminal. Photos included of the Nicholson's Lima #16, and two 0-6-0 steamers #14 and #15. Hope this helps.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 337
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 690
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. You have any idea of what happened to the Lima?

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 281
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was still on the property as of 2003. I'll bet its still there, also sad that I can bet that since then it's a parts source, but for what I don't know, Limas are so few and far between. I'll chat up a couple friends and see what I can find out.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.