Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » The Elliott Building « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This email came today...

To all who have expressed an interest in obtaining a loft apartment or leasing retail space in The Elliott Building, the beautiful and historic building at the corner of Woodward and Grand River Avenues in revitalized downtown Detroit, you will soon be able to reserve your space.

Our architectural team at Kraemer Design Group has been working to refine both the exterior and interior aspects.

The interiors will be glorious! So many enormous windows - so much light!
Original stairway, flooring and moldings will be reclaimed, and against this background the latest high-tech features and appliances will be installed.
The lobby and hallways will have a stylish "designer" look to welcome you and yours guests.
Residents facing West will be able to watch the sunsets from their private balconies.
All unit owners will have access to a roof garden.
The inclusion of on-site parking in the basement is of vital importance to many. This will be totally secure, clean and dry, accessible by elevator from your own hallway. Another fabulous feature unique to The Elliott Building.

We are actively engaged in working with taxing authorities and financial institutions to secure any and all financial benefits available to the purchasers, including NEZ tax consideration and mortgage rate reduction initiatives.

We are proud to be the FIRST full luxury condominium development on the lower Woodward corridor to be brought to market.

We will soon start construction on the total renovation of the property, with completion expected in December 2007.

During the coming week the following changes will be posted on our website www.theelliottbuilding.com

Updated renderings of the beautiful facade, including the roof deck
More detailed floor plans of the stunning loft-apartments
Descriptive renderings of the interiors
On site parking and additional storage plans
Reservation forms with price ranges of the various units.

RESERVATION APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED via the WEBSITE !!!

You will receive a follow-up email when the changes are about to be posted.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Rosemary Aizer
Woodward Grand Realty Co., LLC
646 775 8150

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the building on the southwest corner, or the northwest corner?

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NW corner Woodward and Grand River, former Kresge store.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 132
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I absolutely love that building, and can only imagine how nice it would be to have a place on the top floor with those giant windows...

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 187
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering what was going on here. The advertising has been up for a long time, with no visible changes.

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wish I could afford it.
I have to imagine they will begin in the $200k range.
Anyone know of any ROUGH loft space available?
I can't find any to speak of that is reasonably priced.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6972
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Krawlspace!

Shoot me an e-mail, please.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I was standing at that northbound corner waiting for the bus, I stared up at it wondering when the heck it was actually going to be renovated, thinking that it's almost been a year now that it has just sat there...like the Book Cadillac did.

It got me wondering about projects like these and the people that put there deposit down early on and then have to sit and wait a quarter of their life just to move in. Seems like the same would have been true for new projects like the Ellington...which seemed to take longer than average to complete.

Kraemerdesigngroup
Username: Kraemerdesigngroup

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a preview of the building - keep an eye out on the website, the interior units are fantastic.

exx

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

are there any secured tenants for the ground floor?

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So you are going to be adding a cornice after all. I think that is awesome.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4529
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What changes were made to the exterior from the original rendering? I don't see any significant changes.

Gumby

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The addition of the cornice and some details on the neighboring building are the only ones I caught lmichigan.

Gumby

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the rendering from their site for comparison.

original

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kraemer, I think an added selling feature to the building would be its history as one of the first Kresge stores (at least it was a/the major store in Detroit). Folks like that kind of history in buildings and knowing that they are buying a bit of Detroit history.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cornice really does make the building look nicer. I cant wait to see this one completed.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2875
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes great NEW design KDG!!!

The addition of the Cornice, as well as switching material for the rooftop garden railing from brick to a different material really enhances the balance of the building top!

The "before" picture looked like an extremely heavy brick masonry top pushing down upon the building. The "after" picture gives a much lighter, airier look to the building.

And I love the detailing of the 2nd floor, and the 1st floor pilasters. Great job!

Did the original 1st and 2nd floor detailing on that building get lost in a mid 20th century renovation?

(Message edited by Gistok on October 03, 2006)

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why does one rendering have an overhang and the other one doesn't?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Why does one rendering have an overhang and the other one doesn't?

Did you read any of the comments on the thread, or did you just look at the pictures?

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Dabirch, I guess I was paying more attention to the pictures.

Michikraut
Username: Michikraut

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although I am repeating a question posed by Gistok: would also like to know if the exterior detailing on the 1st floor (starting the ground floor at 0)is a return to original plans or used to hide: utility opennings?, raised window sills?, or decayed existing exterior substance which has to be replaced? Was wondering for the clarity of the original structure(base, shaft, capitol) is changed - the building loses somewhat of its clean Louis Sullivan characteristics. I too aplaud the returning Cornice(finishes a building off) and the setback of the Roof-Garden balustrade is no longer so heavy and ponderous. Looks great- any sketches of the entrance and public spaces available?

Dnvn522
Username: Dnvn522

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have a current picture of the building?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.