Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Team of Destiny- MLM « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With all the Amyway/DeVos talk these days I was wondering if anyone out there has run in to anyone from Team of Destiny.

I think they are just called The Team now, but the structure was very Quixtar/Amyway like. I think they are a spin off group.

Same old buy the products/ buy the tapes and go to speaches crap.

I didn't buy anything and it was obvious that the person who was trying to recruit me was making all of his money from the tapes, books, and speaches.

Your thoughts..........

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 326
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I humored the father of my son's best friend from high school and attended one of the ToD meetings that was held at the Shriner's building on Southfield back in early 2003. I suspected it was a MLM outfit but all he would tell me in advance was that it was a computer-based opportunity to make money in my spare time and that the business was founded by a former GM engineer such as myself. It took quite a while into the opening pitch at the meeting before the word Quixtar was ever mentioned. I sat through the meeting and politely expressed my reservations about MLM during the ride back home with him. He asked if I would give it serious consideration for a week and if he could then call me to see if I was willing to join up as an IBO under him. When he called, I was armed with a lot of facts about ToD and Quixtar that he had trouble refuting. I told him that I was not going to sign up, even at the consumer-only level that meant I would not have to seek out IBOs to work under me. That phone call lasted about 20 minutes and it was the last time we ever spoke.

My thoughts are that people are free to entertain themselves by attending motivational meetings, buying motivational materials and trying to sell things to themselves and others. They are not breaking any laws and it is only their lack of business savvy that blinds them to the reality that there is only a very limited opportunity for anyone to make a net profit in this kind of a "business".

321brian

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikeg,

That is exactly the experience I had. Nobody would answer any questions. Especally where the money came from.

I even went to a meeting in Southfield. I couldn't believe how packed the place was and how much the people cared about what the joker who was robbing them blind had to say.

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About 3 years ago I had a couple friends get involved and they tried to recruit me as well. Of course everything sounded to good to be true so I went on the internet to do some research and of course TOD had dubious ties to Amway and pyramid schemes.

I gave my friends all the research and pointed out the flaws and they ignored me. They were involved for about 9 months and then backed out quietly. I never heard why!

Go figure?

321brian

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My experience was about 3 years ago too.

Their website, like their meeting was lacking any and all information on how money was made.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally would like to bring a couple people I know to these meetings. One is a psych student who is pretty knowledgable on cults and the like. I'm sure he'd want to eventually use those things as a case study.

The other is a former astronomer and math major, just to see his face scrunch up at the math the presenters use up there.

321brian

Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just amazed at the looks of hope on the faces of the people in the crowd.

I just don't know how the higher level people can sleep at night knowing what they are doing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.