Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Devil's Night « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What did you do to cause a little mischief in whatever decade? Please NO criminal acts as they were presented in the late 70's and into the 80's, and beyond (the term FLAME relates to Love or Passion) not Burning DOWN A HOUSE.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Devil's Night 1979. Not me (I was only 8) but some older neighborhood kids lit a fire in our neighbors yard. It ended up catching their weeping willow tree on fire! We never called the FD, living in a rural area who knows how long they'd take. Our dads put out the fire themselves. Personally, the worst I ever did was soaping windows and throwing shaving cream bombs. My friends and I accomplished other mischief but that was year-round.

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ringing doorbells and running was about it for my bunch... in the early to mid 60's. Knew some who would soap car windows or TP front porches. I don't remember ANY of the fire/crime type things happening until the 70's.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.