Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » The new garbage guides are here! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 219
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In yesterday's mail I recieved a nice promise for the city outlining garbage pickup in my area over the next year. Included:

Dates for five bulk pick ups,
How to handle yard waste,
an outline of fines.

The promise and schedule is almost worth the extra $250 in taxes I have to pay due to 'the fee'. Has anyone else recieved this? What are your thoughts?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10686
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I've received TWO announcements, both in color, one full size, one post card size. Was there really a need to fork out the coin they did simply to announce bulk pickup? What a waste. Reminds me of the full color announcements they sent out in regards to the neighborhood clean up dates with scheduled pickup dates....that arrived after our scheduled date....and then the NEW designated date, according to the city, came and went. Yet at least we had a full color, high dollar pamplet put together that announced nothing.

I'd bet with some digging we would find out that it's a friend of somebody's working for the city who is making some fat cash off these high gloss announcements.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man sport who peed in your wheaties this morning? :-) You are really starting to get the Detroit attitude (everyone is making money off me, but me!). These are much better than the xeroed crap I could barely read that was left in my mailbox when the courville containers were delivered.

Lighten up, an attractive guide is more likely to get noticed. This will lead to less people having the excuse 'I didn't know' when it comes time to prosecute the illegal dumpers or those who pile garbage out a month before pick-up day.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 642
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, god forbid the City actually does something with a little professionalism...

lighten up francis. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.