Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Older film shot in Eastern Market « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back when I was very young I caught a film on TV that appeared to be from the 1970s or 1980s that had a long scene near the end of the film that was clearly filmed in the alleys surrounding Eastern Market. A Crook/Bad Guy is chased down by several Cops. It was pretty cool and clearly recognizable as being Eastern Market, with the big turkey murals and garbage-filled alleyways. But I haven't been able to pinpoint that film since then. I was so young that it exists only as a fuzzy memory and I certainly don't know the title or any of the actors.

Does this film sound familiar to anyone? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Wikipedia has a list of films shot in Detroit, but it's hard to tell which of them were shot in/around Eastern Market and which films were shot elsewhere. Some help?!??

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beverly Hills Cop?

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 927
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt00 97081/

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 233
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

collision course had a great scene where they converted the parking structure in the market to portray a rental car drop off spot

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.