Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Playoff Tickets on Sale « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got mine, how about everybody else?

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard they went quick!!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2 standing room spots to the first game in Detroit! I jumped on it at 10:00 AM and it still required a 6 minute wait in the online waiting room. It never took more than a minute to get opening day tickets, which are pretty hot on their own. Ticketmaster must love the fact that there were no sales at the ballpark for this...I hate the fact that I would have paid $80 for these at the ballpark, but online for ticketmaster they cost $105, and those ticketmaster tix are so ugly compared to the ones you get from the Tigers.

Has anyone ever done standing room before? My tickets are SR1. I assume that means the lower bowl, but since there is no section assigned, does that mean that the earlier you get there the better your spot?

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had standing room ticket when Rocket came with the Astros earlier this summer. I stood at the rail just to the right-field side of the fountain.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, by 10:30 there was pretty much nothing left. Somehow I managed to get a pair for each game though :D

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has Ticketmaster sent anybody else a confirmation email? Mackinaw, Standing Room is a pretty sweet deal, you can stand anywhere on the lower bowl concourse except right behind homeplate, you're pretty close to the field.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was working, so I'll be contributing to the black market of ticket scalping.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of that (scalping), Florida just repealed their law(s) banning ticket reselling, or scalping.

I know it's been discussed here before, but when is Michigan going to see the light on this matter and repeal these victimless 'crime' statutes? No doubt, the DPD will be out busting these hardened criminals buying & selling tickets before these upcoming playoffs. Way to take a bite out of crime, McGruff.

Hell, if the State was smart, they would license ticket resellers/brokers in the state, and get additional sales tax out of the deal. Stupid bureaucrats.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2106
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've gotten a confirmation email, and that's good to hear Tndetroiter. Now I'm really looking foward to this.

Rrl, good points. It seems to me that the state shouldn't get in the way of the market; plus, the threat of high scalper prices just increases the demand for face-value up-front sales, helping sports team and ticketmaster. On the other hand, the law isn't enforced too readily. You should just see State St., right in front of the student Union, in Ann Arbor on football saturdays. Plus you can just say, like they do on ebay, that you are paying the seller for some other worthless good, and the seller is "throwing in" the ticket for free.

Yupislyr

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heads up folks, more round 1 tickets on sale Friday at 10am.

Round 2 on sale Monday.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mackinaw, you can stand anywhere you want. My favorite place is along the 3rd base line, below the Tigers Den seating area. There is a walking concourse 1/2 way down the lower bowl. You can stand along that wall, and be just 20some rows off the field.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When do the World Series tickets go on sale? :-)

Yupislyr

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

October 16th

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.