Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Book Cadillac Email « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 69.209.217.126
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont know how I would post it, but did anyone get the Book Cadillac Email? Its from Esquire properties with the pricing and the floor plans. This shit's really happening

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 69.209.217.126
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok I think I saw this at the end of another thread sorry if its a repeat post,,,pretty exciting though

Planner_727
Username: Planner_727

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 71.65.11.160
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night I met with a Esquire rep, I have some sample floor plans and the price of each unit. I'll scan some of it in tomorrow if noone else got it.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1112
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, got it.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was downtown Monday taking pics of many of the buildings talked about on this site. Here is a sample of the pics of the Book Cadillac. There is work going on there. I noticed almost all the cars parked their had Ohio plated.
I was actually confronted by security telling me, "No pictures".

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 625
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeh, the "no photos" thing is a bunch of BS. As long as you're outside the fence, on the sidewalk or street, you have every right to take photos.

I once had to deal with the same crap from a security guard in Flint when standing on a sidewalk and taking pictures of a GM plant.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 525
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Burnsie: were you the "Roger and Me" cameraman? :-)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4455
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know who the renovation architect is for the hotel? I was able to find that the Marous Brothers Construction or Ohio are the general contractors working on this, as well as Detroit-based Jenkins Construction, but what architect are they working with?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 646
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenp, thanks for the pics but could you please insert a few line breaks in there so we don't have to horizontally scroll the whole thread?

Or is it just me?

(Message edited by Jimaz on September 19, 2006)

Wmuchris
Username: Wmuchris

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't have to scroll horizontally, maybe you have a small monitor.

Time for an upgrade :-)

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 182
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, they fit quit perfectly actually

Burnsie

Post Number: 626
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upinottowa-- Ha! Nope, but I know what scene of the movie you're referring to. Old Fisher 1 on South Saginaw St, long since demolished (most of it). I was taking pictures of Factory 31 at Buick-- the first factory built by GM after it incorporated.

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Jimaz on requesting the <br>s between the pics. I have a large monitor but I run several windows (mostly 800x600 for web page testing) so I can jump between multiple tasks quickly. I, too, have "fun" with scrolling back and forth so much.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Jimaz too. Normally there's no reason to have the browser window wider than 800 pixels or so when reading DYes, especially with the 550-pixel limit on pictures.

The question for me is, why did Kenp's pics force a horizontal scrollbar and not "wrap" each picture to the next line? When I upload 2 pics and include the links without a break, like this:

\popjpeg{83335,}\popjpeg{83336,}

They still end up like this, where the browser successfully wraps them to the next line if the browser isn't wide enough:

(ok, too much time on my hands at the moment...)

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, nevermind, I guess they don't wrap! They do wrap in the preview page before you post, though. :-)

Good to know for future reference, I guess. (deviously planning on chopping up large pictures horizontally to further get around the 550 limit... take that, Hornwrecker!)

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for the pic problem, Im a novice at this. I will try to keep the pics to one a message. I have many more pics that I took on my last trip. If anyone is interested in a picture of something downtown let me know.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 545
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know who the renovation architect is for the hotel? I was able to find that the Marous Brothers Construction or Ohio are the general contractors working on this, as well as Detroit-based Jenkins Construction, but what architect are they working with?

The architects are Kaczmar Architects, Madison Madison Intl and Hamilton Anderson. From Crain's list of the 25 largest construction project in Metro Detroit

http://crainsdetroit.datajoe.c om/app/ecom/pub_send_download. php?filename=/data/httpd/htdoc s/djo/tmp/pdf09232006031422644 .pdf

Burnsie

Post Number: 637
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Planner_727, could you scan those floor plans in? I sent an e-mail to Esquire but only got back a form e-mail with no floor plans. I'm not actually in the market to buy one of the units, but I'm still very curious as to what the floor layout will be (and I'm sure a lot of others are too). Thanks a lot!

If the plans are too big to scan in, could you e-mail them to me at burnsste@msu.edu?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4484
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric, THANK YOU!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 669
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenp, I hope I didn't discourage you from posting pictures. Your pics were great! Just hit the Enter key between pics.

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.