Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Incident on Woodward - the tables have turned « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 69.246.30.104
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a post to show those who have complained about being "harrassed" by Detroiter's that it goes BOTH ways...

the other evening (monday) I was taking a ride in my modded single speed bike down woodward when I ran into the SUV convention that was being held at Ford Field. Not once, but FOUR times was I called "Faggot," yelled at, and fake swerved into. Suburban football fans and their respect for althernative transit riding Detroiters... Classy... Just to show, it goes both ways... Honestly, i THINK i prefer Detroiters testing a visitors comfort level (gsgeorge's incident) to visitors harrassing residents... although neither is acceptable...

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 68.42.73.125
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just goes to show you why the SUV riders and their "I rule the road" attitude sucks so fucking hardcore.

get outta here

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5860
Posted From: 24.57.57.12
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol.. Because clearly only homosexuals ride bikes...

Hamtramck_steve
Username: Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 3269
Posted From: 68.252.133.23
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, when you've got a basket and those pom pom things on your handlebars...

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1282
Posted From: 69.136.147.198
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

obviously your satisfaction in choosing something a little less ostentatious in transportation was a challenge to their masculinity and their choice of penile compensation vehicles. they had every right to berate you.

(Message edited by gravitymachine on September 13, 2006)

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 198.109.26.18
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha
i don't know gravitymachine
but he fuckin kicks ass indeed
excuse my language

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1630
Posted From: 68.61.197.206
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I put pom poms and a basket on my SUV, will be loved then???

<--------llyn, a member of that much maligned and often misunderstood minority - SUV owners. Sue me.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 749
Posted From: 69.136.147.97
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andy I get harrased all the time. I almost get hit on a daily basis while riding to Karmic. Michigan Law- get behind the wheel lose brain cells. Keep in mind the majority of Michiganders are red necks and think that if you don't drive a car then you are a hippy or poor.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2787
Posted From: 4.229.90.25
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya know, in the past week I've been noticing many bicyclists that I've seen on the road seem to NOT follow the rules of the road...

When there's a stop light, if the road is clear they go right thru it. Then you (auto driver) end up trying to pass the same cyclist 2 or 3 times. And then there are those that like to bike against traffic (although I can understand the desire to see what's coming at you, instead of being surprised from behind).

So I think that there's a lot more amateur cyclists on the road than serious cyclists. And they do end up doing things that annoy drivers, or things that are outright illegal.

(Message edited by Gistok on September 13, 2006)

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 953
Posted From: 69.14.124.225
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Not once, but FOUR times was I called "Faggot," yelled at, and fake swerved into.

from time to time, i see folks walking, jogging, and cycling on roadways where clearly it is risky to do so. some of these voyagers seem desirous of challenging motorists, with an attitude that motorists shall understand their obligation to share the road.

my father has an expression, "you might end up being dead right."

the fact that you were "fake swerved into" tells me you were on a busy thoroughfare, exercising your constitutional rights to crowd a roadway - and maybe being a bit foolish. i don't think that the suv drivers were pretending to bounce over a curb to get to you on the sidewalk.

furthermore, it's interesting that "faggot" seemed to be the term of choice used to deride you, with the more customary terms "a55hole" and "effing idiot" not getting any mentions.

i've read your description of the event - but a videotape of the incident, i suspect, would erase much of the sympathy you desire to ellicit.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 1123
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get a hammer, drill a hole in the end of the handle, put about 24 inches of rawhide through the hole, tie the hammer to the crossbar, then get a hammer holster, wear it on your hip as you are riding your bike and if anybody gets too close give them a couple of raps with your hammer in the side of their nice new Hummer.

If they stop and give you any shit then pull out the gun you have in your other holster on your other hip and say, "Hey mutha fukka if you don't get back in your gas guzzler right now you can't even imagine what's going to happen next!"

Words of wisdom from...

Livedog2

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 800
Posted From: 68.96.231.230
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do what Livedog2 says. Get a Hummer........er, wait a minute....was that, "hammer"????

Thecarl

Post Number: 955
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

right. that hammer gets caught up in your spokes, or wraps around the sideview mirror of the hummer...

words of wisdom by livedog.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 4022
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So let's see:

We want folks to buy cars from Detroit. Detroit makes the biggest and best SUV's, and those SUV's bring the most $$$ into Detroit.

Then when they drive these American SUV's, Detroiters berate them (one and all, it would appear) in ways that make SUV drivers wanna run over Detroiters.

How does this promote peace and love in the D?

Do any bike-riding Detroiters know any American SUV owners they actually like?

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1595
Posted From: 66.19.18.90
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I had a hummer, I'd smile in the morning, I smile in the evening, all over this land...

What were we talking about?

I was channeling Pete Seger for a moment.

Thecarl

Post Number: 957
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If I had a hummer, I'd smile in the morning, I smile in the evening, all over this land...

What were we talking about?

I was channeling Pete Seger for a moment.

i think you were channeling butch hollowell.

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 470
Posted From: 68.79.89.120
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, this place is just puppydogs and cupcakes. The hell was I thinking when I moved downtown? I guess I had my rose colored detroityes glasses on a little too tight, because incidents like this one are the reality of everyday life, even if you live in a fancy rich-persons loft in the CBD. The worst part is having to go back to my folks and say 'you're right, it is a crime-ridden social cesspool.. But the buildings are pretty!'

...gettin the keys to my non-detroit residence on saturday-atcha, and I Already saved a ton on my auto insurance.

(Message edited by paulj on September 14, 2006)

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 5041
Posted From: 68.40.205.200
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Suburban football fans and their respect for althernative transit riding Detroiters... Classy...

So how do you know they're suburbanites? Or is that just a grand assumption that justifies your anger?

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2944
Posted From: 71.155.193.90
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about all these "peace-loving" bicyclists riding erratically (into and out of the city) at all hours looking to score drugs? This has been particularly prevalent this year in the city of Detroit's northern neighbors.

And what about all of these bicyclists (traditional and motorized) riding like they're crazy in and out of traffic in the city's northern neighborhoods.

It goes both ways indeed.

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 67.149.11.101
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

were you wearing tight pink spandex biking shorts...... not that that is gay or anything, just wondering....

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SUVs with 4 huge white guys and ball caps on with a Roscommon motors license plate cover, and a Bush bumper sticker might be indicative that they are not Detroit residents, or maybe they had a change of heart and just moved to the city.. See em all the time around games and well driving behaviour is generally poor at these events for sure, so one is better to stay away from the area for fear of your life. Besides that type get a big bang out of calling people faggot, after all that is what their parents raised them to say.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 184
Posted From: 64.131.176.232
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulj are you auditioning for a geico commercial?

Vandykenjefferson
Username: Vandykenjefferson

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 141.213.175.140
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TheCarl-

You are ovbiously one of them. As you said, "the fact that you were "fake swerved into" tells me you were... ...being a bit foolish. i don't think that the suv drivers were pretending to bounce over a curb to get to you on the sidewalk." This statement only belies your lack of knowledge in the area of bicycle law. Here is a little refresher:

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE
Act 300 of 1949 - 257.657 "...Every person riding a bicycle or moped or operating a low-speed vehicle upon a roadway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle by this chapter, except as to special regulations in this article and except as to those provisions of this chapter which by their nature do not have application."

Granted all of the rights... I think that basicly says that he has the right to be there, just like the thecarl look-a-like fat and balding SUV drivers.

As for the incident itself, I think you fail to show any compassion... You sound like Mr. Rooney! He was harassed, and you want a video tape to validate your illinformed beliefs?

I'm sorry...You're too much thecarl.

Tonight I encoutered a similar thing in Ann Arbor, so I threw my slice of pizza at their windshield. The frat boy driving the car didn't seem to like that development.

I'm sorry about that incident andylinn, that sounds like a rough situation. Don't let this get you down, Detroit needs more cyclists like you.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 581
Posted From: 129.9.163.233
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When will cyclists begin paying road tax?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7893
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Man, this place is just puppydogs and cupcakes. The hell was I thinking when I moved downtown? I guess I had my rose colored detroityes glasses on a little too tight, because incidents like this one are the reality of everyday life, even if you live in a fancy rich-persons loft in the CBD. The worst part is having to go back to my folks and say 'you're right, it is a crime-ridden social cesspool.. But the buildings are pretty!'

And the skipping record plays again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1980
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andy, do what a lot of cyclists in other cities do: keep a metal pipe, shank, etc. up your sleeve. When some idiot almost runs you over slam your metal reinforced forearm into their car. They'll learn real quick to respect bike riders.

Mattric43
Username: Mattric43

Post Number: 35
Posted From: 12.15.7.70
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vandykenjefferson I can't believe you sacrificed a piece of Pizza for the cause. Not worth the $2. Unless of course it was little ceasars. Then I don't know why you wasted the money for a piece of cardboard. But you are totally right.
I was taught also that bikes are actually supposed to be on the road as close to the curb or shoulder but on the road. The side walks are for walking. Hence side WALK. Just so you guys know not all SUV owners are like that. Iknow there are the fair share but I myself have a Mid size SUV. I have always slow down and when it is clear move over at least half a car space as I pass a bicyclist on the road. I feel that it is not only for the person on the bikes safety but also your own. I don't want to feel the repercussions for hitting a pedestrian.
And I'm not a fat look-a-like balding SUV driver!!!

Solarflare
Username: Solarflare

Post Number: 540
Posted From: 63.69.106.3
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ride my bike everywhere, and I also watch my ass. And it's bike riding, not "alternative transit riding". Jesus H. Christ, you'd think the act of you riding a bike is single handedly saving the city and ending world hunger. And why even pedal? It sounds like your own sense of self-satisfaction is more than enough to propel your "modded single speed". Then you can hang onto your thick black rimmed glasses and messenger bag better.

Or why not RIDE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION and then you won't even see them, and they won't have to offend your delicate sensibilities.

"I do declare, those vehicularizing heathens have shown themselves to be most untoward!"

/asshole mode

Vandykenjefferson

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman - Cyclists do. You have to pay an $8.50 bicylce license fee to operate a bike in Detroit. That money goes towards fixing the roads.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2097
Posted From: 68.42.75.78
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Solarflare brings us back to reality here.

In your heart of hearts, do you believe it was the fact that you were riding a bike that made this delighful slice of middle america lash out at you? There is no defense for them, but do you really think it was just the fact that you were on a bike?

Maybe there's something he's not telling us...like he was riding a bicycle for two with another dude. (j/k).

Vandykenjefferson

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Solarflare - Isn't it ironic that you make fun of someone else enjoying cycling yet you admit to riding everywhere yourself? Also, I believe he was RIDING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - otherwise it would be hard to be insulted because he'd pass by them in like .3 seconds.

Have a great day.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2790
Posted From: 4.229.105.114
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... or he was wearing tight Speedos... :-)

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 891
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

------------------------
Suburban football fans ...
------------------------

you never answered the question of how you know they were from the suburbs.

jackass.

Machoken
Username: Machoken

Post Number: 1497
Posted From: 207.145.38.104
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He had to be riding the wrong way, how else would he have seen them swerving into him?

Solarflare

Post Number: 541
Posted From: 65.112.56.3
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Isn't it ironic that you make fun of someone else enjoying cycling yet you admit to riding everywhere yourself?

Hardly, considering I don't seem to be experiencing the same problems, or susequent emotional trauma. Just look at the name of this thread: "Incident on Woodward - the tables have turned" sounds like a damned Charles Bronson movie!

(Message edited by solarflare on September 14, 2006)

Mattric43

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate Charles Bronson!

Solarflare

Post Number: 542
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bron

Mattric43

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is so funny!!! But If Charles Bronson was on a bike I would deffinatly swerve at him and call him something derogatory.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7895
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

teh_aram and jfried's question still remains.

Assuming the people are from the suburbs is the same as people pointing out that there are a lot of Detroiters somewhere when there are simply a lot of black people that could be from anywhere.

black is not detroit and white is not the suburbs.

Solarflare

Post Number: 543
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe there was also an immediate assumption that those who drunkenly vanadalized Tiger Stadium were from the burbs, when that wasn't the case. Unless I'm mistaken.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1285
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I believe there was also an immediate assumption that those who drunkenly vanadalized Tiger Stadium were from the burbs, when that wasn't the case. Unless I'm mistaken.

like most issues in SE michigan, both suburban and city proper residents were to blame

Thecarl

Post Number: 958
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

TheCarl-

You are ovbiously one of them. As you said, "the fact that you were "fake swerved into" tells me you were... ...being a bit foolish. i don't think that the suv drivers were pretending to bounce over a curb to get to you on the sidewalk." This statement only belies your lack of knowledge in the area of bicycle law. Here is a little refresher:

(vandey's quoting of michigan law omitted)

Granted all of the rights... I think that basicly says that he has the right to be there,

vandey, read from what you chopped out of my original post as you attempted to provide a footing for your specious rebuttal:

quote:

the fact that you were "fake swerved into" tells me you were on a busy thoroughfare, exercising your constitutional rights to crowd a roadway - and maybe being a bit foolish

the work you did "proving your point" means nothing when i already acknowleged the rider was well within his/her rights.

score: thecarl 1, vandey 0.

oh, and this remark:

quote:

You are ovbiously one of them.

i do not disrespect, cajole, or attempt to intimidate walkers, joggers, cyclists, mopedists, or whomever else is entitled to the roadway.

i drive a car that averages 28 mpg.

score: thecarl 1, vandey -2 (negative points for self-serving lies).

quote:

just like the thecarl look-a-like fat and balding SUV drivers.

i am neither fat nor balding: wrong twice, vandey.

score: thecarl 1, vandey -4.

quote:

As for the incident itself, I think you fail to show any compassion... You sound like Mr. Rooney! He was harassed, and you want a video tape to validate your illinformed beliefs?

illinformed? i did not make any conclusions outside the information presented (unlike your rambunctious, insult-throwing, self-aggrandizing self). i withheld judgement in light of "the truth," for which the "videotape" metaphor was used. i won't apologize for your inability to interpret literary form.

thecarl, operating with the information at hand; vandey, wildly postulating...

score: thecarl 2, vandey -4.

quote:

I'm sorry...You're too much thecarl.

that's right, vandey...and you're too little.

final score: thecarl 102, vandey -4.

Vandykenjefferson

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow the carl... stick with the same flawed arguement. I saw what you wrote, you don't have to remind me it was there. I was trying to save you from yourself.

If you're going to nit pick my post, here goes.

1. "constitutional rights" It's a state and city vehicle code... I think that that qualifies as illinformed.
2. You admit that it's his right to be on the street, but then tell him he should of been on the sidewalk.
3. If your video tape reference was a metaphor, what was it a metaphor for?
4. When I said you were one of them, I ment that you believe he should of been off the road: "i don't think that the suv drivers were pretending to bounce over a curb to get to you on the sidewalk." I won't apologize for your inability to interpret literary form...
5. "I do not disrespect, cajole, or attempt to intimidate walkers, joggers, cyclists, mopedists, or whomever else is entitled to the roadway." ...Last I checked "walkers" and joggers aren't supposed to be on the roadway. Illinformed?
6. I'm sorry for calling you bald and fat. Childish would of been a better term, this whole keeping score non-sense was something I used to do when I was 9.

Have a good day TheCarl.

Thecarl

Post Number: 959
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah! more ignorance from vandey!

quote:

Wow the carl... stick with the same flawed arguement. I saw what you wrote, you don't have to remind me it was there. I was trying to save you from yourself.

obviously, i DO have to remind you what you wrote - actually, not so much remind you, but restore what you excerpted to show your ignorance and bias, and propensity for lying.

quote:

If you're going to nit pick my post, here goes.

nitpicking? nope. i'm calling you a liar, and presenting the numerous lapses of reason and discrepancies in fact that destroy your credibility.

quote:

1. "constitutional rights" It's a state and city vehicle code... I think that that qualifies as illinformed.

the constitution is the highest law in the land. all laws derive from it, and cannot supercede it. you lose again!!!

quote:

2. You admit that it's his right to be on the street, but then tell him he should of been on the sidewalk.

please quote me when i stated "he should have been on the sidewalk," because i made no such statement. you lose again. typical.

quote:

3. If your video tape reference was a metaphor, what was it a metaphor for?

vandey, if you can't keep up, you need to withhold your unabated criticims. i stated that the videotape was a metaphor for the truth. scroll upward. you'll see it, right where you spotted it and said you couldn't figure it out.

i don't so much mind your obvious difficulties in reading comprehension, but i find it bothersome that what you can't understand, you criticize, without even knowing what it means.

quote:

4. When I said you were one of them, I ment that you believe he should of been off the road: "i don't think that the suv drivers were pretending to bounce over a curb to get to you on the sidewalk." I won't apologize for your inability to interpret literary form...

as far as being off the road, i was referring to common sense, not legal parameters. cripes, does everything have to be explained to you? did you see the statement that read "you can be dead RIGHT?"

quote:

5. "I do not disrespect, cajole, or attempt to intimidate walkers, joggers, cyclists, mopedists, or whomever else is entitled to the roadway." ...Last I checked "walkers" and joggers aren't supposed to be on the roadway. Illinformed?

no, vandey. show me where i said walkers and joggers are entitled to the roadway. you fail. you lose again. i never said it. all i said, was that i allow them the roadway, right or wrong, and i take no hostile attitude toward them.

quote:

6. I'm sorry for calling you bald and fat. Childish would of been a better term, this whole keeping score non-sense was something I used to do when I was 9.

i'm sure you quit keeping score when you were 9. you must have gotten tired of losing.

quote:

Have a good day TheCarl.

i did.

Vandykenjefferson

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, the carl, I'm not going to make any personal stabs here. I'm going to stick solely to the facts.

"no, vandey. show me where i said walkers and joggers are entitled to the roadway."

You plainly said "i do not disrespect, cajole, or attempt to intimidate walkers, joggers, cyclists, mopedists, or whomever else is entitled to the roadway."

This to me, at least, means that you believe "walkers" are entitled to the roadway. I'm sticking to my arguement.

With that said, I'm not going to respond to your personal attacks and rude remarks. Throughall of this I've said your view was illinformed, your knowledge of bicycle law was lacking and you lacked compassion for the victim. With those critiques I've never personally insulted you, just your views or the base of your views.

I'm finished with this debate, this is silly, really.

Thanks,
.rob

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.