Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Port of Call - A Chin Family Restaurant « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1272
Posted From: 70.236.202.213
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am working with a guy who helped build the restaurant named “Port of Call.” The restaurant once owned by the Chin family (of Chin Tiki fame), anyway I recall someone posting some photos a while back of the restaurant.

Can someone with access to info or photos please repost the pictures or share some thoughts on the restaurant. I told him about this forum, and he is eager to see what response I will get.

Thanks

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 773
Posted From: 69.246.10.173
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's the location...

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 75
Posted From: 71.227.102.82
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you talking about the restaurant that was just downriver from the ferry to Harsens Island? That place was called the Port of Call or something close to that. Later they tore down the building and a boat called the Port Welcome was a floating restaurant until it closed and that boat was sold to somebody in Florida where it was made into his house and office.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.