Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Butchers Inn Opens « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 291
Posted From: 66.238.170.50
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was at Butchers Inn in Eastern Market last Saturday for Breakfast. Butchers is located around the corner from Vivio's and Hirts, on Winder. It opens on Sat. at 6 a.m. and weekdays at 7 a.m. The revived restaurant is trying to make a go of it and provide an option in addition to Vivios, Farmers, Zeff's and Russell St. They have some kinks to work out but they are motivated and seem eager to please. The menu is a work in progress and they accept suggestions. In the near future they'll offer mimosas and Bloody Marys with your scrambled eggs.
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6583
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One suggestion that I will hand-carry down there today...they NEED to be open for BREAKFAST on the Sunday's when the Lions play at home.

I walked to every restaurant in the area, looking for a simple scrambled egg and toast breakfast...or even a egg & cheese bagel...and not a ONE of 'em were open.

Vivio's opened at eleven or so...but they had only meats and sandwiches and he-man fare. Bert's is only a barbeque, too.

I couldn't bring myself to step into McDonald's...and my own kitchen was bare.

One thing I DID see...more than a few people driving up to Zeff's and Lou's (up on Mack) and driving away shaking their heads.

One thing about the Eastern Market...they have some heavy political crap piled up that keeps true innovation and entrepreneurship from happening.

Good for Butcher's...finally...glad to see these plans coming to fruit. Once they get their alcohol license...or is it IN THEIR HANDS now?!...it will be a welcome addition to Vivio's, Bert's, and Joey's Cutter's.

We're going to have our own little neo-Rivertown here...hope the retailers start to notice that they need to stay open longer hours to support the new residents here and less than a mile and a half away in Midtown and the CBD.

CHEERS!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.