Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » New Census Numbers could be wildly off « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1958
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It appears that the new Census numbers across the country could be wildly off. Here's a story from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/lo cal/la-me-census7sep07,0,36735 30.story?page=1&coll=la-home-h eadlines

Will any of the local dailies check into the Detroit area stats? I wouldn't hold my breath.
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4389
Posted From: 67.177.81.18
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I said this the very day they released the American Community Survey numbers. They are even more innaccurate than the old Census Bureau Estimates. SEMCOG is the best bet for finding populations as accurately as possible, but even that's flawed. Still, it's better than even the Census Bureau Estimates or the American Community Survey on the estimates for the simple fact that SEMCOG is local.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.