Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Reincarnation? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Magic_mushroom
Username: Magic_mushroom

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 24.220.197.208
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Made a trip to the D when I was home for vacation last weekend. I must say I absolutely love the town. I am originally from South Bend, IN and now am displaced in Bismarck, ND for work. The last couple years I really became enthralled with Michigan, especially the Detroit area. Seeing and learning about all the great architecture and history from various web sites including this one made me even more interested in exploring this town. I have only been to Detroit one time before, back in 1999 to see a game at the best ballpark in baseball, and yes the Tigers won that day. R.I.P. Tiger Stadium.

So, I decided to designate a day of my time home to visit Detroit. Came up on 75, got off on Fort Street and went right through town. Man it was exciting to see all the great buildings first hand. We went to Greek Town to eat. What a great place! Then, we made a circle on the People Mover, seeing all the great buildings I have been reading about the last few years. We then drove up Gratiot, cut through some neighborhoods and made our way to the entrance of the famed Water Works Park on Jefferson and Cadillac Boulevard. Man how cool was that entrance! That must have been an awesome place to visit and the pictures tell the story.

I named the post Reincarnation because when I was back in the D I felt like I was home again even though I am not from there. I hope to move there some day if there is ever an opening for work there. I know Detroit still has it problems, but there sure isn't anything like it anywhere else.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1269
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What years did you live in SB?

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1917
Posted From: 70.227.207.94
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for coming through town, Magic_mushroom.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2931
Posted From: 66.167.211.42
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome back. Nice post! Thanks and 'don't be a stranger'.

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 806
Posted From: 68.30.97.6
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice post Magic.

later - naturalsister

Magic_mushroom
Username: Magic_mushroom

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 24.220.197.208
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hysteria,

I lived in SB in the 80's and 90's. It's a nice town, but I needed a change. Although, I do miss going to Lake Michigan.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1271
Posted From: 216.223.168.132
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am ready to leave too.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I like a few of those magic mushrooms. I'll bet a few of the out of work citizens would too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.