Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Detroit schools accepting campbell's Labels for Education? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Compn
Username: Compn

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 65.29.121.215
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thought i'd ask here considering there have been some detroit teachers on the forum...

just wondering if there were any schools collecting the upc's for Campbell's Labels for Education program?
http://www.labelsforeducation. com/

i've collected and sent lables to livonia and farmington hills schools and got no response. no idea if they were even using the labels. thought i'd try different local schools, perhapse one that actively collected and used the program.

so any ideas? mailing addresses? thanks!

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 589
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Compn: I have not heard of any DPS using the labels. It's not a bad idea. I know individual schools can collect them, maybe you could call one of the elementary schools in DPS (maybe one close to home) and inquire. Here is the link to the school list page on their website. Look on the left of the page for early childhood or elementary schools. Maybe some early childhood schools may use the labels.
http://www.detroitk12.org/scho ols/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, typically high schools don't participate in that program.

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1935
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've often wondered the same thing. General Mills also has a similar program called Box Tops for Education. I wouldn't mind clipping and saving labels and box tops and mailing them in/dropping them off from time to time at my local school.

Maybe Detroitteacher, when she takes a break from the picket line, can chime in on if school's participate in the program or not. If they don't, I'd certainly want to know why.

Compn
Username: Compn

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 65.29.121.215
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just after i posted here i found out that you can search in your area for participating schools, it includes contact information.

http://www.labelsforeducation. com/findMySchool.aspx

and boxtops also has a school search (click on 'how much has your school earned').

http://www.boxtops4education.c om/index.aspx

i remember taking flyers home to my parents all of the time and i dont recall ever participating in these programs. only forced participation in stupid door-to-door stationary or crummy candybar sales etc.

Bvos

Post Number: 1936
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty much all of the DPS schools do not have a coordinator which means the schools don't participate.

Maybe requiring participation in Labels for Education and Box Tops 4 Education could be thrown into the current teacher contract bargaining agreements!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 406
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I get laid off because of the teacher's strike I could use the soup.

Bvos

Post Number: 1940
Posted From: 70.228.57.79
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So if folks started buying Campbell's, tearing off the labels for schools and then giving the unopened cans of soup to the teachers, could folks say that "it's for the kids" as they are saying right now while kids are running through the neighborhoods causing trouble?

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1155
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have been collecting them for our school for the past 3-4 years. Campbells and the Boxtops. Just at work in a year i have collected over 200 labels for my childrens school.

My kids are all in DPS so they will have bunches of them whenever they return to school.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 408
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got laid off today. Bring on the soup!

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 613
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ed, I'll share the soup with you...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.