Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Tiger vs. Reds in World Series? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Al_t_publican
Username: Al_t_publican

Post Number: 90
Posted From: 72.207.96.165
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I happened to notice that the Reds are here in San Diego for the weekend and that brought to mind possible matchups for the Tigers if they happen to get to the Series.
A Tigers-Mets matchup would give us Tigers fans a chance to put a dent in the Evil Media Empire of the East Coast.
Cards or Padres. Tigers bin dare, dun dat in the Series before.
A Dodgers-Tigers matchup would also provide the joe lunchbucket crowd a change at humilitating Lalaland again.
A matchup with the Reds would provide something of a unique Michigan-Ohio contest other than college football for a change. Didn't the Tigers play the Reds in the 1940 Series and lose?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 474
Posted From: 68.41.145.5
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the Tigers do make it to the WS I think the Mets would make for the most interesting matchup. The Mets appear to be the class of the NL which isn't saying much. The NL is just pathetically weak this year. To get the most coverage and interest in the WS I think the Mets will have to be there, especially if the Tigers play as opposed to the Yanks.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 704
Posted From: 69.136.147.97
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dont jinx it!!!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2089
Posted From: 68.248.10.35

I'd be up for Cinci v. Detroit. I hate Ohio quite a bit (comes from being a UM person), but I normally lump Ohio State/Cleveland teams together as "evil," while I don't have any feelings for Cinci, which is really closer to Kentucky.

Personally I think the Phillies will run the table from here on out. The NL is just a mess. Even the best team is in need of pitchers.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2914
Posted From: 66.167.211.42
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Mackinaw. To me, the Oh-how-I-hate-Ohio-State line stops between Columbus and Cinci. [Remember, Toledo was ours before it was foolishly traded for the UP and the Mudhens are our farm team from forever.

Toledo has culture and history, a fabulous art collection and more. Columbus is a void by comparison. IMO, Ohio starts somewhere south of the Maumee River.]

Cinci probably had the same fate as Toledo and got stuck in Ohio by some quirk of fate. It really doesn't belong there. It has too much class and character.

That said I would love to see that match up between two very old school baseball traditions.

And, seriously, I love all Ohio and especially football's greatest rivalry. It wouldn’t be fun if they weren't so great.

First we must deal with the common enemy, Notre Dame.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4296
Posted From: 71.236.229.212
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell drives a Pontiac GTO, Going to Ohio.

With all them Nazis in Toledo, you can have Toledo too. How can that piece of work be anything class?

Cincinnati has a brutal police force and although a Northern City, it has plenty of Southern exposure.

Keep Ohio intact. The current state lines are just fine.

jjaba, on I-75 at Lima. The World Series will be Tigers vs. Dodgers. You heard it here first. Take that to the bank.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2916
Posted From: 66.167.211.42
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Nazi's came to Toledo and got their butts kicked. Jjaba needs a history refresher. :-)

If not, then all the more reason for us to retake it in the a second Toledo war - get the militia liquored up and march to the sound of firing. Where is Gen. Zulu? I hear Toledo is assembling weapons of mass destruction.

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3233
Posted From: 129.137.187.28
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"First we must deal with the common enemy, Notre Dame."

I thought Merchantgander was the common enemy?

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4298
Posted From: 71.236.229.212
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, don't fire on the Jeep plant. It be one of the last US auto plants making anything. They got a big smokestack with O V E R L A N D. Please don't take that down in your campaign to retake Toledo. Also, the Mudhens are all about Detroit so don't fire on them. Thanks.

jjaba, LOL.
ps. Glad you reminded me that the Aryan Brothers got an ass kicking.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1153
Posted From: 68.60.45.70
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We need a govenor with balls. First they need to use the National Guard to retake Toledo. Then once we have a southern base, invade the Islands of Granada. That would be a wonderfull winter home for the Mackinaw residents.
http://www.granada.com.ni/abou t/isletasgranada.html

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We don't need another dick politician. The only way the Tigers are going to get any respect is to take out both NY teams...the Yanks in the playoffs and the Mets in the series. Only then will they get more ink and some admiration from the mass media boys.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1094
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit gotta beat White Sox and/or Yankees before they'll ever get a chance at Los Angeles, New York, or Cincinnati.

Not feelin too confident the Tigers will get through any of the AL contenders. Hell, they can't get through anybody over the past month +.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1313
Posted From: 136.2.1.103
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers vs. Reds would be awesome... two classic baseball franchises going head to head. I'd call it the Sparky Anderson Series.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.