Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » I fonly the police in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1725
Posted From: 4.229.126.236
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Were like this

http://www.city-journal.org/ht ml/16_3_ny_cops.html

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1277
Posted From: 69.130.18.100
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's not all policing - the average income in NYC has been steadily rising and lower income people are getting priced out

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5783
Posted From: 24.57.57.12
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fonly the police too...

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 218
Posted From: 69.136.155.244
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The NYCPD's COMPSTAT uses the "Zero Defects" and "Statistical Process Control" methods that our automakers have successfully employed to improve the quality of the vehicles they sell.

The main idea is that to be successful, the management of any organization that is producing goods or delivering services needs to make the change from being just reactive to being both proactive and reactive by using internal data in a near real-time mode.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 875
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't Charles Bronson move there about the time crime went down?

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 109
Posted From: 141.217.174.219
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite Detroit Police story was just under a year ago when one of the news stations did a report on a lady in one inner city neighborhood who invested a lot of personal equity in a home that was intended to house displaced Huricane Katrina residents from the south.

A few days before they arrived, the house was about fully prepared, when one night it was vandalized and half the contents inside was stolen.

As the news interviewd the lady, she said that when she called the police, all they did was say, "Get use to it. This is Detroit."

I thought to myself, wow, just makes me want to buy a house in the city. Talk about New York's finest. I think we got a noble group here willing to give them a run for their money.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.