Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Ron Artest in Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10489
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a text message tonight while at the game. My friend told me Ron Artest was seated behind the dugout with a Tigers cap on. He told me to throw a cup at him, but I suggested I pay off Zumaya to bean him with a 102 mph fastball. Anybody know why in the hell he would be in town? Don't tell me he's interviewing with the Pistons either.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 971
Posted From: 69.212.225.187
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here doing community service for the brawl at the palace incident.

super d(motordetroit)

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 128
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's doing his community service for his part in "The Brawl".

Detroitej72

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d beat me to the punch. Damn You!!!!!!!!!!

Detroitej72

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's mentoring children to just SAY NO to fighting.

just keepin it real ya'l...including danny & rasputain.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 972
Posted From: 69.212.225.187
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad 'Detroitej72'__ but from what I've been hearing, I don't think it is going exactly like the courts planned it to go!

Ron Artest tips on fighting__ talking to a group of kids.....

'If someone hits you first__then you finish it'!

and I agree with Artest to a certain point...but he forgot to tell the kids, make sure you finish it with the person that hit you!:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2890
Posted From: 69.221.69.190
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually if you caught clips of his "mentoring" Ron Artest wasn't telling children to say no to fighting. Although he told the children that he sold drugs when he was younger and that was wrong, he wasn't remorseful about the Palace incident and even boasted to the kids (stating that he did what he had to do and that you don't let people hit you). That's some community service and mentoring. Once again some of the most vulnerable kids get mixed messages and promotions of celebrity and violence. The judge should haul him back into court for failing to properly fulfill his community service and probation.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad 'Detroitej72'__ but from what I've been hearing, I don't think it is going exactly like the courts planned it to go!

______________________________ ___________________

Thanks for havin ma back, Super_D

Just tryin to keep it real in tha D. Any Stone's fan will fell me...

BTW If I see R.Artest on the streets of the D, I'm gonna fight him!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding...to all the Rome Clones....

I'f I ever see Barry Bonds on the street...I'm gonna fihgt him.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

______________________________ ___________________

Thanks for havin ma back, Super_D

Just tryin to keep it real in tha D. Any Stone's fan will fell me...

BTW If I see R.Artest on the streets of the D, I'm gonna fight him!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding...to all the Rome Clones....

I'f I ever see Barry Bonds on the street...I'm gonna fight him.

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 1138
Posted From: 24.231.189.137
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was at the Tigers game tonight...

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10490
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's kinda messed up. Seems like the last place he would wanna be is a Detroit sporting event. But props to him for having the balls to go. I wonder if any fans around him gave him shit? I look at it this way, it's water under the bridge now. Ben Wallace is gone, time has passed, time to live and let go. Remember, we got a pitcher that kicked a camera man's ass last year. lol

K_solomon
Username: K_solomon

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 199.178.223.4
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That's kinda messed up. Seems like the last place he would wanna be is a Detroit sporting event.

I think its been proven Detroit fans are no match for him. lol

The fans sitting next to him were probably scared schitless.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2893
Posted From: 69.221.69.190
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Artest attending the Tigers game (and wearing a Tigers hat to boot, along with his earlier "performance" at his "community service") was a combination of arrogance and a bad PR stunt.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.