Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » New Cadillac Ads Feature the RenCen « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 674
Posted From: 66.227.165.194
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/20 06/07/27/cadillac-launches-lif e-liberty-and-the-pursuit/

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1751
Posted From: 134.215.223.211
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not all they feature! I see they have some more reasons to buy a Caddy...

Good to see GM featuring the RenCen. Does anyone know why GM, Ford, etc. don't do more filming of their adds in the Detroit area? I always hear that they are among the biggest advertisers in America. If so they should have some clout over where their advertising is filmed, produced, edited, etc. They could really spur and diversify the economy by helping out local ad and film production.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 618
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm all for things being done in Detroit and surrounding areas.. BUT...thinking from a business stand point.. why would they want to? just a question? Do you think they really care about spurring and diversifying the local film and production industry? They havebn't cared about too much else in the area other than their own pockets.

It's more of a local interest thing.. Ford does it.. well let me take that back the Metro 31 Ford Dealers film here but Ford does not. I can't vouche for Chrysler either with the local scene either in commercials.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 474
Posted From: 129.9.163.234
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the reason they film outside of Detroit is that they want to SELL cars outside of Detroit (if you have ever been to California you know how few American cars you see on the roads) I think they intentionally want another region's look for their ads. The businees about "employee price" on all of the local commercials is a huge piss-off to me. Why they waste ad time yakking about that is beyond me. I don't care if 20,000 people in SE Michigan work for Ford, 3,980,000 people in SE Mich do not, and they, as potential buyers want to know that they count too.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman... that's true. This is a local interest seeing Detroit landmarks. I hate the employee pricing commericals too...

2007 HUMMER H3 ONLY $565/MO EMPLOYEE PRICING<--- that does nothing for me. I need the ERR'body pricing

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2019
Posted From: 129.9.163.105
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why doesn't GM film here?

Just like everything else GM buys, It is much cheaper to outsource the filming of commercials to a foriegn country. They usually film in either Toronto or Vancouver. Much of it done on the sea to sky highway between Vancouver and Whistler B.C.

The local dealers do film some of their comercials here

Archy
Username: Archy

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 63.242.134.67
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that picture of the rencen from when the commuter trains used to stop there?

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 69.242.221.36
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrysler has filmed commercials here,a few weeks back they were filming one for those little dodge truck thingys downtown and you all remember GM filmed their commercial for the most part downtown when they had Slum Village doing promottion for them.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.