Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Eminem gets into fight at Cheetahs strip club, Trick-Trick pulls gun « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 448
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnow.com/wxyz/nw_ local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ _15924_4842274,00.html

"A man named Miad J. says he was punched in the face by rapper Eminem early Thursday. He says he was hit 4 or 5 times while using the men’s room at a local strip club.

As one of the vehicles in Eminem’s entourage was pulling out from the club, witnesses tell police the rapper known as Trick Trick pulled out a gun. While Trick Trick did not point it at anyone, witnesses outside the club did see the weapon."

Trick Trick and Eminem, two pussies who think they are tough. Someone needs to pull a "Jam Master Jay" on these two Darwin candidates, the sooner the better.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 571
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kick their asses out o' the city pleeeeeeeease!!!!!!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 138
Posted From: 68.60.177.56
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Penis substitute.

(not always, don't start, but these guys absolutely are making up for something deeply lacking)

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 239
Posted From: 68.42.171.59
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He'll run into the wrong guy sooner or later. One word: Proof.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero." --- Fight Club

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1704
Posted From: 69.209.131.201
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WTF did the rapper Trick Trick have to do with anything? Was he a part of Eminem's entourage?
It's sad but funny how these rappers always end up involved in some crazy shyt. I wonder why?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4007
Posted From: 71.197.28.99
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trick Trick is known for his hot temper. He's another one I don't see lasting long. This "avenge one's honor with violence" culture is really antiquated in modern society. I wonder if those that live it will ever realize it?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 333
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce,
Are you Royce Da 5'9"???

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 170
Posted From: 68.43.156.135
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trick Trick and Eminem will be joining Proof in a minute.

Royce

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Ed_Golick, I'm not Royce 5'9".

Good point, Lmichigan.

There's a death-wish among many of these rappers. They're more afraid of living a long life and being forgotten than dying young, thinking that an early death will immortalize them like Tupac.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 271
Posted From: 70.228.58.113
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't like rap AT ALL, I figure that at least 90% of rappers are self-obsessed ***holes, but if I ever go to trial against any type of serious charge, I sure hope that none of you end up on the jury. So many of you are so anxious to jump to conclusions, pass judgment, and whip out a profound summation. Creepin' Jesus!! There MIGHT actually be some information to which WE are not all privy.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4009
Posted From: 71.197.28.99
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huh?

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3889
Posted From: 66.208.233.74
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who would have figured a guy named Trick Trick would get into this kind of trouble. I mean he was up for Rotary Club Vice-President and everything. Makes you think you know?

Dillpicklesoup
Username: Dillpicklesoup

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 64.7.187.66
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah I am sure eminem goes slumming on 8 mile-

Jenniferl
Username: Jenniferl

Post Number: 301
Posted From: 4.229.60.194
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's all part of keepin' it real.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 105
Posted From: 69.242.221.36
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure there is more to the story thats not being told......

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 704
Posted From: 68.251.20.42
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How come everyone here is so quick to condemn people, on this bulletin board? It's not like anybody here knows what happened at Cheetahs. I always question a grown man who is quick to tell how someone with money beat their ass. People have been known to try this tactic to get money out of famous people in the past (in case some of you didn't know). Doesn't it seem a little strange to any of you that for NO REASON at all the guy just got beat in the bathroom?

I certainly hope none of ya'll act like this while serving on a jury, because the way some of you post the act of being accused is concrete evidence against a person (especially if the accused is a rapper).

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3525
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm of the Innocent Until Proven Guilty camp here. There just isn't enough meat to them bones for me to think one way or another. Until more witnesses and police reports come forth, who knows who was telling the truth?

Warriorfan

Post Number: 449
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah OK guys. I guess you didn't see the part of the article where it said that multiple independent witnesses saw Trick Trick flash a gun. That's a crime, it's called "brandishing a weapon". And if he doesn't have a CCW, then he is also guilty of illegally carrying a firearm. It has nothing to do with "pre-judgement", unless a bunch of people got together at the club and decided to tell the same lie, then it's pretty safe to say that Trick Trick did indeed flash a gun.

And if Eminem is so innocent, then why did the Cheetahs bouncers toss out his bodyguards? Or does Cheetahs regularly make it a habit of throwing rich celebrities and their entourages out of their club? "Innocent" people don't hop in their SUVs and flee while their friends flash a gun to the crowd outside. And just so you know, the article did include a picture of the side of the victim's face, you can see he was struck. And Eminem DOES have a history of assualting people who make him mad.

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 121
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The right people never seem to get hurt."
-Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman

Thecreator
Username: Thecreator

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 160.39.243.21
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

first of all there are some extremely crude posts on here. Making a joke of Proof's unfortunate death, and the situation surround Jam Master Jay's death is ridiculous.

The state of current-day rap (of which eminem is clearly a product of) aside, eminem has done a lot for the city. Detroit's legacy as a musical city has the left the city a struggling entertainment scene and eminem has helped rejuvinate it. In a way, he's helping Detroit not slip into obscurity while we rebuild.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 450
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Making a joke of Proof's unfortunate death

A murdering POS got what was coming to him, I wouldn't call that "unfortunate," I would call that "justice."

No, what bothered me is that Shady Records paid to put an "RIP Proof" billboard up in the city, off of I-94 Eastbound. The fact that anyone would put up a tribute to a MURDERER is absolutely sickening, and a symptom of the Detroit rap culture that turns criminals into heroes and idols. Fuck Eminem, Detroit doesn't need more of the "gangsta" culture that Eminem and his merry band of thugs regularly spew to help revitalize it, it has too much of that already and that is the problem.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 106
Posted From: 69.242.221.36
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So does that mean we revel in his death? Even if he was the reason of his own demise that doesn't mean it should be the butt of jokes.....

Royce

Post Number: 1706
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thecreator, if Satan came to you and said he would solve all of Detroit's problems if you would just sell him your soul, would you think this was a good thing?

Eminem has put Detroit on the musical map but at what cost? He spews out profanities and sexually explicit lyrics in many of his raps and sells these raps to millions of mostly pre-teens and teenagers and this is a good thing?

Any money that he donates to charity or to some worthy cause is simply blood money. I'm tired of people praising rappers like Eminem for the good they supposedly do for the community, but ignore the negative stuff they do or say.

If Eminem didn't have a unique voice and style, which people took a liking to, he'd be busting suds at a local restaurant. He's fortunate that the music industry has embraced these "no talent in anything else" rappers and he's fortunate that he was the first white rapper that they would accept.

Eminem's success is an aberration. The low skilled, poor boy from Warren, Michigan will always show that side of himself, whether he is rapping or hanging out at a strip club. People need to stop putting these low-lifes on pedestals. They're not worth it in the end.

Dang
Username: Dang

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 69.212.226.17
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eminem didn't put Detroit on the musical map. Sorry, royce. Granted he's been huge, but everything that's come out of this City prior to his success pretty much chumps him out.

Motown will be around FOREVER. It is universal. Eminem's work will not be relevant forty years from now. Sorry!

He used to have the makings of a genius, but unfortunately drugs and success have pretty much destroyed the dude's mind. Who really wants to listen to a crackhead anymore? Yeah, I said it. He smokes crack. It's a fact, yo.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 83
Posted From: 141.217.174.222
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yah, Eminem's fame is reflective of what most people think of Detroit anyway, "GARBAGE".

It's one thing to sing nursery rhymes about killing people, drugs, guns, hos, murder, pimps, gangstas, thugs, bling-bling, "fucks", bitches, "god damns", niggas and the like. When society starts to respond as if this lifestyle is "ok" and acceptable, then we have problems and a HUGE social burden to deal with.

The biggest difference is that those who are in the limelight (celebrities) have the wealth and means to promote it to those of little-to-no fortune and are suffering and wasting away into social outcasts on the streets and hoods of cities, and more recently suburbs and small towns. Yet they are able to live lavishly and avoid the REALITY they sing about.

I'm not against rap or hip hop, I'm opposed to gangster rap and how it promotes hell on earth.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1805
Posted From: 69.220.233.151
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay - let me get this straight.

Eminem supposedly punched this guy, Miad J., in the face 5 times, according to the news report. In spite of that kind of a beating, Miad J. only has a tiny bump on the side of his face.

I have trouble believe that the bump he pointed to in the video could have come from anything more severe that falling out of bed in the morning.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 85
Posted From: 141.217.174.222
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I have a hard time believeing someone would blow Proof head off over a billiards match. What's your point?

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1807
Posted From: 69.220.233.151
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One is based on human behavior, which is often hard to predict.

The other is based on the way the human body works, which is a bit easier.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 278
Posted From: 69.14.101.116
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eminem isn't gangsta rap. I don't know where any of you got that one from.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 576
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eminem is rap for the white trash masses, right where ICP left off

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 335
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eminem interviewed about rap, his run in with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and coming out of the closet, know what I'm sayin'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ArsVac85VqU

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 580
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The fact that anyone would put up a tribute to a MURDERER is absolutely sickening, and a symptom of the Detroit rap culture that turns criminals into heroes and idols."

That's rap culture all over.. not just here.

"Eminem isn't gangsta rap. I don't know where any of you got that one from."

That's true. I need someone to tell me what they think gangsta rap is and I'm sure it will be along the same lines of a new definition for Gangsta Rock...lol

Pacypacy_
Username: Pacypacy_

Post Number: 222
Posted From: 136.181.195.84
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tetsua Quote: How come everyone here is so quick to condemn people, on this bulletin board? It's not like anybody here knows what happened at Cheetahs. I always question a grown man who is quick to tell how someone with money beat their ass. People have been known to try this tactic to get money out of famous people in the past (in case some of you didn't know). Doesn't it seem a little strange to any of you that for NO REASON at all the guy just got beat in the bathroom?

....and Enema-M is so grown up he needs two other men to take him to the bathroom? He's a punk. But nevermind, you all will continue to say rap/hip-hop doesn't breed violence. How mature can the performers be if they call their "music" hip-hop.

Mattric43
Username: Mattric43

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 12.15.7.70
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey either way, celebrity or not, I would think a lot of guys would punch another guy if they didn't know someone who started talking to them while they took a piss.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8629
Posted From: 70.54.70.86
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, no one said eminem was tough...the guy has more securty than Bush and yet STILL needs a gun...punk ass needs a whoop'in.
As for "trick Trick" (it must be his mother's street name for all the freebies she hands out). He is just another punk that will get his in the end.

I guess having a gun and shaking it around makes a person a tough guy...pussies.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 705
Posted From: 68.61.194.237
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the guy dropped the charges. I say he had more to do with the fight than he let on, found out he didn't have a case, and went on about his way.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060717/NEW S99/60717011

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 280
Posted From: 69.14.101.116
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Viziondetroit, here's a summary of who's who and what's what in the gangsta rap genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G angsta_rap

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10336
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess you didn't see the part of the article where it said that multiple independent witnesses saw Trick Trick flash a gun. That's a crime, it's called "brandishing a weapon". And if he doesn't have a CCW, then he is also guilty of illegally carrying a firearm.

Not to mention, if anybody claims that he actually pointed the gun at them, they person brandishing the weapon just went from just a misdemeanor charge to an addition felony, felonious intent. That fucks you for life in so many ways. The thing is, most of these rappers likely have a criminal past, or they would simply legally apply to carry a weapon. I don't know though, perhaps that wouldn't be viewed as "keepin' it real" though. As it is, after they are caught once, each additional time they screw themselves a bit more.

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, SS, and don't ya know a couple or three felonies makes you look real BAD in your homies eyes!!! That sounds like it's worth it to me!

Robtruth
Username: Robtruth

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 66.2.148.20
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone who calls himself a double paying customer of prostitutes (trick trick) has got to be a real chump.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1442
Posted From: 69.220.230.150
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Hey, I have a hard time believeing someone would blow Proof head off over a billiards match. What's your point?

You may have a hard time believing it, I have a hard time thinking of fights that have not started over pool.

There is a reason you are suppose to have more than one pool table.

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 646
Posted From: 69.220.142.7
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The anti-hip-hop sentiments on this thread are startling. Damn, all the thug gangsta rappers get all the press and this is what we get...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.