Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Detroit Bowling Alleys. Where have they gone? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4536
Posted From: 141.217.84.91
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A long time ago Detroit had oodles of neighborhood bowling alleys. Most of them had sanctioned and non-sanctioned leagues. I do know that Detroit now has 3 remaning bowling alleys. But what about your favorite Detroit Bowling Alleys? What is like back then? Did you bowl for fun or join a league? What kind of special activities do the Detroit Bowling alleys have? Please share your fond bowling memories.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 702
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crest Lanes was on the southwest corner of Grand River and Meyers, and was the home of many semi-pro leagues. It was across the street from Frost-Avis Ford; Avis being the gent who founded Avis Rent-a-car. I remember Crest well because I think they had the first TV in northwest Detroit in their lounge. That was, oh, 1948, I think.

Like most of these places, it burned down around 1975 or so.

There was also the Olympic, on Grand River down around Harrison (near Trumbull), which was noted for being the place a zillion years back where Gordie Howe first met his future wife, Colleen.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1048
Posted From: 69.242.223.42
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bowling, being essentially a German sport, was popular with European immigrants and their offspring for decades during the 1900s. The defunct American Bowling Congress (ABC) originated in NYC in 1895 and moved its HQ later to Milwaukee, probably due to its once very large German-speaking population. As a kid on Capitol Drive in M'waukee, I passed by the ABC HQ on Capitol Drive on the bus regularly.

When attending Marquette University downtown, I bowled at the bowling alleys (a dozen lanes with pinboys or girls) in the basement of Gesu school--an ancient Milwaukee parish within MU. The school janitor sold cheap hot dogs with about any imaginable toppings to us bowlers there at Marquette as a fund drive project for the school, which during the late 1950s served mostly inner-city hispanics.

The former ABC moved out of state sometime during the 1960s or so and eventually merged with a number of other bowling groups into the United States Bowling Congress in suburban Milwaukee.

Bowling was once so popular on TV that it had higher ratings than college football until recent history. The ABC network covered the PBA (Professional Bowling Association) tour for 36 years before ESPN or whatever took it over during the 1990s.

However, most of the bowling alleys where I occasionally bowled have long since closed, and many of those buildings are now bars, restaurants, offices, and some have been razed.

Danny

Post Number: 4538
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember going to Silver Lanes in Downtown Garden City. That where I bowled for the first time. I'm grab a old 1975 kiddie size house ball and start rolling that ball down the lanes. I score 28 points at the time.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 599
Posted From: 66.189.188.28
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've wondered about a couple of them.....

Dad used to bowl in a league at State Fair Lanes on Woodward near the fairgrounds, and I occasionally would bowl at a house on--this is a guess here--Woodward and Milwaukee (?) in New Center. Last pinboys I ever saw was at Ferndale Lanes on 9 Mile just west of Woodward. A classic 2nd floor house over the 9 Mile shops.

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3155
Posted From: 129.137.178.205
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I spent a fair amount of my youth bowling at an alley in the 7 Mile/Ryan area with my cousins, but, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it.

Danny

Post Number: 4539
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bowling lanes I know and went is at Detroit's NW side. Crown Lanes on Plymouth Rd. Its was consider the hot spot for bowling leagues at the time. Until the name was changed to Esquire Lanes. In 1993 Esqure Lanes has closed down and the building was torn down after. Now a vacant lot. There was another bowling alley on Plymouth Rd. just east of Greenfield Rd. The building is still there but now its vacant.

Redford Lanes on Grand River near Lasher has closed in late 1990s.

Rocket Lanes on Schoolcraft west of Evergreen Rd. has been closed in the early 1990s now a Black church.

There was a bowling alley on Fenkell Ave. East of Burt Rd. in the Brightmoor sub-division now a ghetto mart.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1310
Posted From: 66.19.17.100
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My local bowling alley was the Nortown on 7 Mile near Van Dyke. It closed in the early 70s, became Todd's, first as a gay bar then a dance club. There was another bowling alley at Van Dyke and Outer Dr, but the name currently escapes me. Nortown was a lot cheaper for kids, so we went there.

A photo of the Art Centre bowling alley on Woodward and Warren.

Art Centre Lanes

Danny

Post Number: 4541
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Douglasm,

You're right on the money. State Fair Lanes on Woodward south of State Fair Rd. is Now called Rennaisance Bowling Center. I bowled there sometimes for their popular $1.00 bowling specials. It used to have 64 lanes. One in the north side ( Now Open) and the other in the south side. When the Black owners bought the place in 1970s? they closed down the south side of the bowling alley and convert it into banquent hall. Today its the 2nd popular Bowling alley for African-Americans.

In Ferndale, Ferndale Lanes is long gone but Luxury Lanes on 9 mile west of Hilton Rd.( mom and pop owned is up and running) and previosly remodled.

Danny

Post Number: 4542
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Post Hornwrecker,

The famous Art Center Bowling Alley on the corner of Woodward and Warren was greatly popular in those days. Is its gone and turned into to U of M/Racham Center and parking garage this is built in the 1950s. Today the building building is becomming totally useless but it the people who work there tend to keep it up. Let's hope the WSU can buy the place.

Other bowling I went to while most bowling alleys in Detroit were on the verge of becomming extinct was in Dearborn's eastborn district( now a predominatly ethnic Arab Muslim neighborhood) is Scheafer Lanes on Schaefer Rd. between Tireman Rd. and W.Warren Ave. It was black owned and operated at the time and it was not getting enough popularity so the black owners decided to closed it down in late 1990s the building was torn down and problably sold to Arab developers. next door was Mercury Lanes mom and pop white owned for over 50 years it gained a lot of league respect and patronage from most Arab customers and it still up and running today.

On W. Warren between Schaefer and Meyers was Pine Tree Bowl mom and pop owned it the time, unfortunately didn't get enouth league respect and when the leagues gone the bowling alley itself with its owner closed it down in 2004.

Then I went to Holiday Bowl at Schaefer Rd. between Ford Rd. and W. Warren Ave. the building as quickly sold to Islamic congregational group to form the The Islamic Insitute of Knowledge and they build a Islamic School called American Islamic Academy. My friend's Father Adam Shoucair was the first principle at the school until his retirement in 2004.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2428
Posted From: 4.229.105.45
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to bowl at Maple Lanes at E. Warren & Radnor, near Balduck Park. The building is still there but used as some other business.

I also bowled a few times at East Warren Lanes at Bluehill & Warren (near Cadieux). They were torn down about 10 years ago.

Sad but true... bowling alleys have gone the way of the neighborhood theatres in Detroit.... pounded to rubble.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantasy Lanes at 7 Mile and Hayes was my favorite alley all the way until they closed around 1990. Used to walk there after school every half day. Games were 50 cents and shoes were 75 cents. Also bowled at Denby Lanes on Houston-Whittier from time to time. Both long since torn down, although Dendy Lanes hung on as a night club for a short time.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 196
Posted From: 71.65.11.152
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, Silver Lanes is still there in Garden City, although recently (year or two) renovated and now called "Alberts On The Alley". I was in there a few years back for a youth sports fund raiser, still Silver Lanes at the time.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 866
Posted From: 4.229.54.207
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chandler Lanes

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 63.77.247.130
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, you almost took the words out of my mouth. There was also another alley along Schaefer i beleive. FYI, the Schaefer lanes did not close in the late 1990s, more like 03' -04'. They have building a strip mall there for sometime. There was a large delay as the wall on the construction site actaully fell down and destroyed several garages. Pine tree sold in 04' and then after sitting for several months....its back up for sale. Go figure...
Sadly Mercury is the only lane open, but I've talked to the owners and he has told me it would take a CRAP load of money for him to sell. He has refused several already. He also owns another alley in Canton.

You make it sound as if the Arab customers are keeping the place open. I doubt this as everytime I'm there it is by far majority black with a few whites. I have seen arab kids play there, but very few.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 24.169.224.43
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm...there's plenty in 'burbs..

I live near the Bowlero in R.O. and a guy I know owns one called Vision Lanes in Westland...there are also at least 3 that I can think of in Livonia presently

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1662
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

bowling alleys have gone the way of the neighborhood theatres in Detroit

Actually, bowling alleys and neighborhood theatres have both just gone the way of the neighborhoods.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 988
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I live near the Bowlero in R.O. and a guy I know owns one called Vision Lanes in Westland

I used to live down the street from Bowlero...

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 140
Posted From: 69.136.155.244
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

There was another bowling alley at Van Dyke and Outer Dr, but the name currently escapes me.

That would have been Falcon Lanes (next to Gino's Show Bar and just down the street from my birthplace, Holy Cross Hospital).

Exit_9
Username: Exit_9

Post Number: 20
Posted From: 69.246.46.203
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The bowling lanes I know and went is at Detroit's NW side. Crown Lanes on Plymouth Rd. Its was consider the hot spot for bowling leagues at the time. Until the name was changed to Esquire Lanes. In 1993 Esqure Lanes has closed down and the building was torn down after. Now a vacant lot"

Right by the 6th preceint right? Thats right by my house..Always wondered when that place closed down.. I was young when it did..I remember the building just sitting there forever and them taking an eternity to tear it down.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 668
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Rocket Lanes on Schoolcraft west of Evergreen Rd. has been closed in the early 1990s now a Black church.

That sentence was worth reading this whole thread! Ha ha ha!!!

Livedog2

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in 1958, I spent the entire summer in Dearborn. There was a summer league for kids (teenagers down - I was 15) somewhere on Schaeffer near Michigan. Our two-man team took first place on the very last afternoon when I turkeyed the tenth frame of our last game. My only bowling trophy.

A deceased uncle, John, co-owned, with his brother Joe, the Dearborn Cozy Corner at Michigan and Lois. John was a consistently 200+ average bowler and had no shortage of trophies.

Douglasm

Post Number: 600
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also used to bowl at Royal Oak Lanes on Washington St., and in a junior high school league at that 8 lane house in Ferndale on Vester 1 building up from Woodward, behind a hamburger joint, across Vester from the Elks Lodge.

Luxury Lanes has been there for about 40 years, butting the GTW tracks. Ferndale Lanes was closed and Ed Sash(?), an ex Ferndale High teacher opened a gym up there with his girlfriend. Mother used to exercise there. Ed had covered the lanes, but the pinspotters, less pinboys, were still there in the early '70's.

Yorba-Linda Lanes still out there on Woodward? How 'bout Ypsi-Arbor in, well, Ypsiarbor?

Dtwrhrt
Username: Dtwrhrt

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 66.219.88.34
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grew up right around the corner from State Fair Lanes went there alot as a kid. Lots of fun memories.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2680
Posted From: 128.36.14.165
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grandmont Lanes on GR near the Norwest Theater (next to Rosedale Oldsmobile) was a classic second floor streetfront walkup bowling alley (parking in rear).

Redford Bowl was out GR just past Lahser next to Chatams Supermarket. The Bar at the redford bowl had good country music on the jukebox (a rarity along GR between ~McGraw and Telegraph).

Bowlcraft on the stub of Schoolcraft west of evergreen before it turned into the Jeffries service drive. Bowlcraft was like an overgrown Kwanset hut.

Bowerama on sevenmile west of evergreen was the most modern of the bolwingalleys in the area.

Cloverlanes waay out in Livonia on Jeffries just east of Middlebelt across from the DRC was huge.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 447
Posted From: 65.185.132.134
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cloverdale lanes--7 mile/Lahser
Grandmont lanes-Grand River/Longacre
(the aforementioned) Redford Bowl--Grand River/Lahser
(name?) Grand River and Beech-Daly
(name?) Eight mile w/telegraph on north side

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 868
Posted From: 4.229.54.94
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thejesus - "I live near the Bowlero in R.O"

Is that where you played against "The Dude" in the big tournament ? LOL

My band in high school (BabySledge) played our first gig at Falcon Lanes in the Falcon Lounge !

Jokerman
Username: Jokerman

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 67.125.189.14
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Centennial Lanes on Gratiot between 8 and 9.

Bushay
Username: Bushay

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 68.61.167.97
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Continental lanes is at 13 and Gratiot. Eastpointe Bowl is between 8 and 9 but I believe it may have been called something else in the past.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastpointe Lanes used to be called Cenntennial Lanes.
Thought you might like to know.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1172
Posted From: 69.136.142.0
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I go to the most warped lanes in the midwest weekly...

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2657
Posted From: 68.43.15.105
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit bowling, 1967:

Mikem

Post Number: 2658
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old_southwest
Username: Old_southwest

Post Number: 135
Posted From: 67.149.69.93
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on leagues at Beacon Bowling Alley on Vernor. Also did a high school league at Clark Park Bowl.

I loved playing Asteroids and tank Commander at Clark Park Bowl after school.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3494
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bowlerama on the NW side of town had some of the coolest architecture of its time. It was where we went for a few times to bowl; not that I was any good at it nor did I really care for it either. But it had those big spanning arches on the outside of the building that ran the length of the building. Hard to believe it was cutting edge at one point!

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 284
Posted From: 69.246.10.215
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

West Bloomfield Lanes on Orchard Lake between 14 Mile and 15 Mile just north of James Couzens. It is now a Barnes and Nobles

Mikefive
Username: Mikefive

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 68.40.227.236
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grand river and beech daly was redford lanes and eight mile and telegraph was southfield bowl which only closed about 2 years ago

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1311
Posted From: 66.19.18.81
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You missed one MikeM, A.R. Sink's 3 Mile Roadhouse on Chicago (Michigan) Road near the future Pere Marquette (CSX) railroad tracks, from 1884. I remembered seeing this when I was researching Springwells brickyards, and somehow remembered where to find it again.

Was this the earliest bowling alley in/near Detroit?

The first bowling alley?

Thanks MikeG for the Falcon Lanes answer.

Rustic

Post Number: 2682
Posted From: 71.234.183.131
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking over Mikem's scan (thanks btw) I saw one that seemed unfamiliar which I should have known: Brightmoor Lanes on Fenkell ... I can't picture it ... google map places the address where the side parking lot is for Checker Drugs between Patton and Braille. I vaguely recall a building there but I odn't remember it being anywhere large enough of a bowling alley.
bowlmoor
Any NW detroiters recall the place?

Douglasm

Post Number: 601
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Lakes Bowling Center was the one I was trying to think of in the New Center area.

Mikem

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic:

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 70.174.38.160
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only Detroit bowling alley I bowled at is Reford Recreation lanes. Back in the mid-70s it was already old with the late 50s/early 60s peach (pink?) colored backboard. One night, a guy was watching our church league bowling and then attempted to start a fire in the men's bathroom. The whole alley filled with smoke and a number of policemen dragged the suspect out of the bathroom. He tried to esacpe by busting a hole in the ceiling/roof of the place and got stuck!!!

Most of my bowling was at Westland Bowl. I've bowled at Town and Country Lanes in Westland, Cherry Hill Lanes, Fiesta Lanes, Mayflower, Wonderland Lances, Garden Lanes in Garden City where I bowled my first game (a 50!). Some guy stole my mother's purse at Garden Lanes but he didn't have the smarts to go away from the building. My mother caught him in front and somehow got him to give her purse back!!

I bowled my first 300 game here in Virginia Beach in 2000.

Rustic

Post Number: 2683
Posted From: 71.234.183.131
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikem, thanks.

yeah that doesn't seem big enough to be a bowling alley does it. Checker drug takes up half the block and the corner lot is probably a gas station (I knew it as a parking lot for mail trucks for the post office across patton).

That '61 photo reminds one that brightmoor didn;t have as many big trees as the older parts of town back in the days when elms ruled the skies ...

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 142
Posted From: 69.136.155.244
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bowled my first games in 1965 at the same 10-lane bowling alley in Center Line where my father had worked as a pinboy 30 years previous. The ony thing that had changed over those years was the addition of automatic pinspotters and a thicker coat of nicotine stains on the walls. That bowling establishment was built in 1928 and six of those lanes were purchased from the Catholic School across the street, which had installed them in a third floor assembly hall when the school was built in 1923. That bowling alley was torn down in 1967 during a fit of Urban Renewal.

My parents both bowled at Falcon Lanes for several seasons in the 1960's. The only places south of Eight Mile where I have bowled were the State Fair and the Playdium (on Joseph Campeau in Hamtramck).

I especially remember bowling in several Hamtramck Citizen Tournaments at the Playdium during the early 1980's:
-- 10 alleys downstairs and another 10 upstairs, with building columns located at equal distances between lanes
-- one ball return for every four lanes
-- lane conditions that were so dry you could hardly keep the ball on the alley
-- after each game you had to shift to the next pair of lanes and figure them out without any practice balls

We never scored well there but we always had a good time and lots of laughs!

Mikem

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maple Lanes on E Warren:

Maple Lanes

Chandler Lanes is now a truck garage:

Chandler Lanes

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 703
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike comes through with all the info once again! Great post, Mikem; thanks for your efforts. Sure was a nostalgia trip for me.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any pics of Fantasy Lanes?

Mikem

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, but it's eastside, so there is a possibility I'll get it eventually, but then it's summer and I prefer to be on the beach instead of the streets, so don't hold your breath.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3496
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MikeG- thanks for remembering such fun nostalgic things like pin boys. There's still a place in Chicago that I go to that has pin boys setting up the games and it's great to see such throwbacks to a simpler time like that.

Gistok

Post Number: 2430
Posted From: 4.229.90.152
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for all the pic's (and memories) folks!

It's threads like these that makes DetroitYes worthwhile! :-)

Dabirch... LOL... yeah the bowling alleys and theatres disappeared, as well as neighborhoods.... but the neighborhoods took a little longer to disappear!

Of interest is those lanes that have the same names as nearby theatres.... Mercury... Ramona... Riviera...

Back in the 1950's and 1960's it was common across the USA to convert old theatres to bowling alleys, just to get some use out of those buildings once Television came on the scene. The most palatial bowling alleys had a prior life as movie palaces....

But then again so did parking structures (Michigan Theatre) and basketball courts (Brooklyn Paramount).

Danny

Post Number: 4546
Posted From: 141.217.173.162
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have everyone went to Clemente's Bowling Alley on Fort St. south of Southfield Rd. in Lincoln Park? It's the smallest bowling lanes in all of Tri-County Area. It has 6 synthetic beautiful lanes and it was built in 1948 for the Clemente family sought that Bowling was a gold mine popular sport. Today is still up and running with everyday traditional bowling leagues. It's the to be #1 popular bowling alley in the State of Michigan.

When I was a little kid I bowled at Satellite Lanes on Michigan Ave. near Gulley Rd. at the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights/Inkster border. The Bowling Alley has over 128 lanes 64 in the east end and 64 in the west end. It has bars, restuarants, mini malls, arcades and a rental banquet halls. It used to be the BIGGEST bowling lanes in the Tri-County area. It was closed down in the late 1990s to be turned into Home Depot Home Improvement Store.

Just recently The Royal Oak Lanes on Washington St. near Downtown Royal Oak has officially closed down in 2006 due to low patronage. The building is destined to be demolished for a parking lot.

Dtwrhrt

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikem, do you recall bowling alleys on springwells? I'm looking for someone who use to work there so any info would be great.

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3157
Posted From: 129.137.193.185
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"There's still a place in Chicago that I go to that has pin boys setting up the games"

Smogboy, are you referring to Southport Lanes?

Wkl
Username: Wkl

Post Number: 78
Posted From: 204.212.159.1
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like the East Warren Lanes listing, I guess it's in "East Grosse Point". What the...

Spent many a Saturday afteernoon in there.

Douglasm

Post Number: 602
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok....
....the old Circle Bowl in Midland was a converted theatre. I think there's a picture in the www.waterwinterwonderland.com site under theatres.

Are there any duckpin lanes left in either Detroit or Windsor?

Danny

Post Number: 4553
Posted From: 198.111.165.50
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dtwrhrt,

The Bowling alley you writing about was a W. Vernor/Dix Rd. and Springwells it was closed since the late 1980s. The Building is still there, but now its a Mexican owned collision shop.

Danny

Post Number: 4554
Posted From: 198.111.165.50
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thnk2mch,
You problably bowled at Silverlanes at the time before it was closed. The owners sold the building and it now called Alberts on the Alley grill and restuarant.

Cloverlanes located on Schoolcraft I-96 FWY. service drive in (Hitlerland) Livonia is the #1 popular bowling alley for African Americans. Many African American USBC sanctioned leagues bowled there during the fall and winter seasons. Despite recent shootings Cloverlanes hired security to keep the rowdiness down. During the Summer season many Senion Citizens held the sanctioned leagues there And it's the proud sponsor of the Area 23 Special Olmypics. There was a mostly white Christian league called MMBC and Friends. I used to bowled in the league at the time for 2 years until the church league decided to it's time to move on. It was last Christian bowling league in Cloverlanes. Today Cloverlanes is up and running with 64 glossy wooden lanes 32 at the east end and 32 at the west end complete with a rental banquet room, lounge and restuarant. The patrons there are mostly black with a few white kids bowled there. The leagues are now mostly black in the fall with ethnic tournaments in between in the Fall and Winter season and self provided leagues mostly at nights.

Old_southwest

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny - That's Beacon Bowling Alley. It was right by where Vernor and Dix run into each other. There was a cab company using the building for many years after it closed.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dix and Vernor intersect at two locations--one in Detroit and one in Dearborn. The one where the bowling alley was located is on Vernor, just west of Waterman.

Gistok

Post Number: 2441
Posted From: 4.229.3.73
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Douglasm, glad you're still alive... some thought you were the late great Doug McIntosh...

.... I saw the EAST GROSSE POINTE listing for East Warren Lanes, what a hoot! Although there are parts of Detroit with a Grosse Pointe mailing address (an area between Balduck Park and Moross).

In fact I have a buddy who lives in that section on Gateshead (it turns into Kerby in GPF). He has new next door neighbors who bought a "rent-to-own" property with a Grosse Pointe address thinking that they are going to send their kids to the Grosse Pointe schools... boy are they in for a surprise!!

Rickinatlanta
Username: Rickinatlanta

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 24.98.220.175
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bowled at Beacon in the 1960's. In fact, St. Gabriel's had a bowling league there as well.

56packman

Post Number: 449
Posted From: 65.185.132.134
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic-I stand corrected--Cloverlanes is in Livonia (schoolcraft rd) and Bowlerama @ 7 mile/Lahser was the closest bowling alley to where I lived in NW Detroit, I just brain faded on the name. I never went there, I went bowling with my Dad @ State Fair lanes, and the alley on Greenfield just south of Eight mile.
Grandmont lanes did not have the actual lanes on the second floor, you entered through the doors next to the bar, walked up a few steps and southward to the area where the drinking/ sitting area was. the ball returns/scoring "projectors" were down a few steps, back to "street level". There were steps going upstairs to a stockroom, though.
My two uncles were pin setters at Grandmont lanes in the late 30's, My brother delivered caskets for Great lakes casket (at the west end of that commercial block) and I worked in that building from 1992-2004.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 69.136.140.132
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,

Can't say I've been to Clemente's to bowl but it sounds interesting. I think the only place I've rolled in LP was some spot on Fort Park which had more than six lanes but boy were they blocked! Rolled a 600 series no sweat first time there. Scarred up my ball in the worst way, however.

Dday
Username: Dday

Post Number: 839
Posted From: 208.102.0.103
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reading the 7-Grtiot thread, I know there are a lot of eastsiders here.......I went to Chandler, Warren, and Masple Lanes.......

Someone gave a nice shout out to Fantasy........

Really surprised no one has mentioned Ritter's (Chalmers between 6 and 7?} and Ramona Lanes.

Formerspringgardener
Username: Formerspringgardener

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 63.115.132.100
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ritter's was the small place on Jane just off Chalmers. Across Chalmers was Lopo's hobby store.

Ramona Lanes on Mc Nichols just before Gratiot?
One or two of my friends belonged to kid's leagues.

Mikefive
Username: Mikefive

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 136.181.195.56
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman, u worked at Carail?

The_sauce
Username: The_sauce

Post Number: 87
Posted From: 66.147.136.117
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure Fantasy Lanes was destroyed by a fire more than a few years ago in case MikeM was planning a trip for his photo shoot.

Rustic

Post Number: 2692
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman, that's odd ... I remember going up the stairs at the grandmont bowling alley and the lanes being on the second floor. Are you certain you are talking about BEFORE the carrail remodelling? Grandmont lanes closed ~79-80 and it and the remainder of the block (including rosedale olds) was purchased by an eccentric wealthy fellow to use as a private clubhouse for among other things his extensive toy train collection (no kidding) and for private parties. He extensively remodelled the building. He worked with the infamous Al Taubman in realestate development and made piles of cash. The guy had a spectacular Detroit home (the beautiful house on the tip of the peninsula of Bretton/Warwick/Puritan in North Rosedale Park -- it is a superior brick tudor with a unique A&C/Japanese influenced detailing (sounds weird I know but it was masterfully done)) Which I believe he purchased from the original owners family in the 70s. He eventually sold that home and the family that bought it strangely decided to place big rocks along the curb (like they do over in Palmer Woods). That was a faux pas among the last vestiges of polite NRP society (more than a handful remained even in the 80s) ... in Palmer woods with the winding lanes and the low (if any curbs) the rocks serve a purpose. In NRP with wide boulevards and high curbs these big rocks were pointless. Nowadays those big rocks are commonplace all over "the park" ... there goes the neighborhood, lol! ... once upon a time in a galaxy far far away ....

... back to bowling ....

Dtwrhrt

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, Old_southwest, Livernoisyard. Thanks for the info. Just so I understand, the bowling alley was called Beacon Bowling Alley and was not on Springwells but on Vernor.
Rickinatlanta, you mentioned that you bowled there in the 60's. Do you recall a manager that used to work there around '66 or '67?

56packman

Post Number: 450
Posted From: 129.9.163.233
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikefive-yes
Rustic-we still had four of the original lanes in the building before the big (re)remodel in '92, the lanes themselves are still there, the pinsetting machines and such are gone. the building wasn't structured such that you could have second floor bowling. I know I suffer from some memory drift over decades--from my movie palace spelunking days in the 70's I have to really be careful to re-construct exactly WHICH building I was in when,and how it was configured. The Grandmont lanes building is cinderblock exterior walls, no more than 18' high, with pylons at regular intervals surrounding the I-beams, which support wooden bow trusses, which by the late 1980's were breaking, and required extensive steel renforcement. There just was no way to have the alleys "up one floor" the way the building was built. The 1979-80 remodel was nothing more than removing all but four of the bowling alleys, repairing the floor and laying carpet tiles. the staple-up compressed paper ceiling tiles were removed, and a 2x4 dropped ceiling was installed. the beautiful Oak in the bar was stripped and restored, and a contemporary dropped ceiling/drywall soffit combination was installed. No major structural modifications took place.

Rustic

Post Number: 2693
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman, thanks for the inside dope ... now _I_ stand corrected! ... from your description I can picture the interior fairly well and it does jibe ... so .... I must be confusing Grandmont bowling alley with another one .... let's see ... heading east down GR I can't think of any nearby .... I wonder which one I am picturing .... was the bowling alley in the old downtown Y a second story one? maybe one in the cultural center or new center? ... hmmm ....

btw Kughn shoulda bought the Montgomery Wards store on GR greenfield ... now THAT woulda made an absolutely spectacular party spot with the mezzanine overlooking the first floorspace ... and the first floor would have made an awesome museum type space for his classic cars.

56packman

Post Number: 451
Posted From: 129.9.163.233
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic--I don't think the Monkey Wards building was "eminently available" in 79-80. The big attraction to Grandmont lanes was that it was already connected to the two (westerly) storefronts in the block he already owned.
He did try in the late 70's to restore the MCS into an office center with a large "Detroit-make" (brand) themed museum in the grand lobby spaces, utilizing cars from his collection, as well as other area collectors. Not much help from the city, region on the project, so it died. Would have been great--the building was still very much intact at that time.

Rustic

Post Number: 2694
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman, yeah I was just wildly speculating re Wards. The MCS woulda made a good museum once upon a time ... a car museum would make sense (so would a modern and contemporary art mueseum). The MCS office building OTOH was a white elephant the day it was built, was a white elephant through the entirety of the pre war auto boom, was a white elephant when detroit was bursting at the seams post war and became the sunbleached bones of a white elephant as detroit (within the GB loop) was relentlessly evacuated and divested begining the in mid 50's. An office building was never needed there and M$ would have been lost to attempt such a project.

back to bowling, I usedta go 5 pin bowling in canada offa some street a couple of miles up river from the main drag. you get 3 balls per frame if I remember correctly. I also remember biddle bowl in Wyandotte and several others that other people have mentioned.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that there was a bowling alley on Springwells a few decades ago. However, I have no direct memory of it, just some hearsay.

Old_southwest

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Beacon was on Vernor.

I bowled there in around 1977-1980. Can't help with the manager. Although my friend's brother, Mark, worked there. Everyone called him Frog.

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 118
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

for thejesus ("man, that creep can roll!")

(Message edited by pdtpuck on July 15, 2006)

Danny

Post Number: 4564
Posted From: 141.217.173.164
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol! In bowling we trust! From the "Statue of Dudity!"

Magic_mushroom
Username: Magic_mushroom

Posted From: 24.220.197.208
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a cool bowling alley website. It lists all current alleys and even lets you rate them.

http://www.bowling2u.com/cente rs/bowling_centers.asp

Dday
Username: Dday

Post Number: 841
Posted From: 65.209.165.170
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ritter's was the small place on Jane just off Chalmers. Across Chalmers was Lopo's hobby store.

Ramona Lanes on Mc Nichols just before Gratiot?
One or two of my friends belonged to kid's leagues

That's right. Ramona was on McNichols and Hickory, a couple blocks west of Schoenherr. I was in those kid's leagues, too. It closed when the roof caved in after a snowstorm. Turned into a (and still might be) a flea market post-bowling alley.

Pacypacy_
Username: Pacypacy_

Post Number: 221
Posted From: 136.181.195.84
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can remember Chandler Lanes, Ramona lanes, Fantasy lanes, Ritter Lanes, Mound Lanes, East Warren Lanes, The Paladium, and Maple lanes to name a few. People quit bowling because they got tired of getting their cars broken into and putting up with the losers who started hanging out at the lanes....safety is a concern when people want to relax and enjoy themselves.

Pinewood73
Username: Pinewood73

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 70.227.85.212
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've bowled at Maple Lanes.

It's too bad that many have left the city.

Thecreator
Username: Thecreator

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 67.101.252.54
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea man! I used to bowl in a league at Maple Lanes when I was younger. We were mid season champions one time. haha

But now for fun I bowl down at the Garden Bowl, it's just always got that rock and roll atmosphere. Renaissance is good for serious bowling. Out of the city, Shorecrest Lanes is pretty good.

Scofield
Username: Scofield

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's not forget Beacon Bowling In southwest Detroit on vernor (i think!)... Now closed of course. :-(

Scofield

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

/quote={I was on leagues at Beacon Bowling Alley on Vernor. Also did a high school league at Clark Park Bowl.}

wasn't clark park, later known as Beacon?

If so, I was on a league on Saturdays there when I was a kid.

Scofield

Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I believe that there was a bowling alley on Springwells a few decades ago. However, I have no direct memory of it, just some hearsay."

Yes, there was a bowling alley, and from what I can recall it was a part of a Bar on springwells, and It burned inside, and was never reused, I consulted with the grey headed people upstairs, and they don't recall it, but I do recall it. I don't have any info as to the size, lanes, details, but I'd be willing to bet, if someone looked on some maps, you'd find out what I'm talking about... it was somewhere after or before thepost office on Springwells Ave on the opposite side of the street.

that is, if my memory banks serve me properly! :-O

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AFAIK, it was 3 1/2 blocks south of Vernor. Probably the block south of the PO. Somebody named Gus owned it, I think. Or was Gus with Beacon? Or perhaps, there was no Gus.

I'll ask around. But that neighborhood changed over the years, although to a far less degree than the rest of Detroit.

Rickinatlanta
Username: Rickinatlanta

Posted From: 24.98.220.175
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's too bad this site doesn't allow a reply directly to a post as there have been several concerning the old Beacon Bowl on Vernor Hwy. It was never the Clark Park alley.

Scofield

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really? What's Clark Park Bowl now? and what's beacon now?

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beacon is still where it was, closed for some twenty years or so. I doubt that one of the two cab companies nearby used it though. One cab company occupies the former A&W.

Scofield

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uhmmmm... that wasn't an A & W that was a daily (or however it's spelled) Drive in... (food joint)
I know this because my mom and dad went there, when I was still a gleam in my daddys eye... :-O

Philm
Username: Philm

Post Number: 23
Posted From: 66.77.102.10
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up on thhe NW side and spent a lot of time at WY-7 at 7 Mile and Wyoming. I recall it was unique in that there were two of them, main building and an Annex next door.
Moved to Southfield in '63 and bowled at Melody lanes, 10 Mile and Southfield

Dtwrhrt

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scofield, if there is any chance you could find out any more info about the bowling alley on Springwells and post it here I would really appreciate it. I'm still looking for someone that used to work there.

Scofield

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTWRHRT,

Everything that I know about that bowling alley, I told. sorry. :-)

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 813
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Royal Oak bowling alley on Washington Street was demolished this week to make way for condos. What a surprise!
This establishment was an old timey trip into yesteryear. Kind of small and retro. Years ago, we could belly up to the bar, have the gal at the front desk order us a pizza from next door and watch the college football game.
Another loss of innocience in the world of condo land.

Mr_lee
Username: Mr_lee

Posted From: 71.227.58.8
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East Warren Lanes, Parkside Lanes, Motor City Bowling

EAST SIDE !!!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 343
Posted From: 69.246.55.51
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody recall the name of a basement bowling alley on the corner of Six Mile and Gratiot?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.