Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Daily hate « Previous Next »
Daily hate - 1Shave150 06-25-06  3:52 pm
Daily hate - 2Ravine150 07-09-06  7:21 pm
Daily hate - 3Livedog288 07-14-06  2:35 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 1199
Posted From: 152.163.98.43
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d,

I'm not buying any of what you are posting. However, you have a right to your own opinions and I must respect them as such. Therefore, we agree to disagree.

Ras,

Where do I start, my brother? Oh yeah, I remember, way up towards the middle of this thread when I DIRECTLY addressed YOU with my point of view. Like the "internet coward" you have shown yourself to be, you chose to ignore and not respond to me. I guess I must've hit a nerve with my latest post because it has you yelping like a hit dog. What's that saying in the Black community, my man: A hit dog will hollar? I guess that is a true saying after all.

You know what would be interesting, Rasputin? To actually witness you, and you alone, articulating your point of view rather than heavily relying on Blax-poitation "literature" and propaganda to make illogical point of views. It would be real interesting to see if you could actually make a point without resorting to personal attacks (which do nothing except highlight your deep insecurities). I mean, you brag and boast so much about your "achievements" and "prominence" (which are nothing more than a weak attempt at defining your dillusion of self-importance...after all, you are pointing out your "accomplishments" on a forum for crying out loud). So show me what little boys are truly made of, Rasputin?

It will be interesting and I will be waiting. Don't let the crickets win this one, Rasputin.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4565
Posted From: 141.217.173.164
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least some people in this thread is accepting the REAL TRUTH instead the LIES between WHITE and BLACK. Thanks to Rasputin, the hero of ethnic and ethic resources.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 272
Posted From: 70.228.58.113
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.K., Danny, now go back to your desk and color for a while, alright? Shave, congratulations. Way to throw a touchdown, land a three-pointer, and hit a walk-off home run all at once.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3743
Posted From: 68.74.31.233
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meguesses you found out that your POV was not accepted, Shave, eh? Mayhaps you've discovered that I don't deal with "Y_T"s divide 'n conquer strategies; Nor do/have I succumbed to the Willie Lynch methodologies, so prevalent up-in-here and accepted by some of our Black folk as the way things should be (namely YOU). You speak of "insecurity"? Please review the definition of the word and its application. Methinks you should look in the mirror and learn to accept yourself for who and what you are ..... not some hairbrained white-washing of the individualistic "Movin' On Up" syndrome. I very seldom get my "M"s and "W"s confused over the words me and we. Go figure......

However, if the number of hits to "Rasputin's Stuff" is any indication of readership ..... whether you agree or disagree with the white folk's analyses of him/her/it-self and it's "collective" training/thinking (up the thread), is again, of no concern. The sharp spike in numbers from my post to you send the message of interest (whether positive or negative.)

Your statement from up-the-thread:

quote:

Shave

Post Number: 1184
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 3:52 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Rasputin,

Will you stop with the madness, already!?!? Sheesh! You lend no credibility to the suffering of Black America. What you are doing is simply giving people a reason not to care and to thumb their noses at our present plight. Yes there are problems within our race that need to be addressed by the larger society. However, what you are proposing, via simply pointing and blaming, is not looking at the intra-racial discord we have brought upon ourselves. Like the article Gildas shared suggests, how much of our "plight" (if in fact one exists) is the result of guilty, White liberal and self-interested Blacks, keeping us (Blacks) in our present state of victimization? Think in terms of the failure of the Black church to properly address issues affecting Black America. Is it possible that Black ministers want to continue to see their flock in spiritual bondage for their own selfish reasons? After all, if people begin to think for themselves, then perhaps they will begin to question and revolt against the charismatic nature of the leader. Hmmm...

is (and was) totally irrelevant to what was posted by me ...... in addition to being irrelevant to the struggles of Afrikan people. Read IT .... you were responding to Gilda & Uncle Tommy Sowell, not the Rasputin's post of which contained none of your so-called points. Methinks your verbage was "all telling" regarding a mindset of confusion ..... (see Super_d's word references up the thread). Like I wrote before .... If the "proverbial" shoe fits; well, you know the rest. Just hope your toes don't hurt when they're step on!!! and btw: The Rasputin is not YOUR leader ..... Go figure!!! on your posted allusion .....

One question tho ..... Why was the term "HATE" used in the thread title? "Madness" in your post?? Got answers? (Your decision whether to respond or not ..... in the Spirit of Maat!!)

Black-atcha ...... bringing the Brazilian RACE PROBLEM analysis next, whether ya like it or not!!!! :-)

(Message edited by Rasputin on July 16, 2006)

Ravine

Post Number: 279
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If one yawns too extremely, can one pull a neck muscle, or even fracture one's jaw? Go figure.

Danny

Post Number: 4583
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine,

If you're white person, you will be able to tend to your constant fairy tales of WHITE HISTORY. If you are black then the stories of BLACK HISTORY and WHITE HISTORY is PROVEN true to you. Who do you going to believe and accept the stories that are TRUE? BLACK OR WHITE? Your decision.

Shave

Post Number: 1200
Posted From: 198.30.81.2
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

Sorry to inform your self-righteous, self-important, and self-dillusional ASS...however, I DID NOT waste my time hitting up your little homepage.

Of course a POV that makes you think outside of the box was not accepted. You are too wrapped up in shaming and discrediting the Black race with useless propaganda. Seems as though you like to throw around terminology that degrades Black people that think with an open mind. Here is some pain medicine for your broken, enslaved heart:

______________________________ _______

The Real "Uncle Tom"

We often use words and terms without knowing the true meaning or origin. This story was sent to me by one of our readers.

Josiah Henson (1789-1883) as a fugitive slave, led over 100 slaves from the South to freedom in Canada using the Underground Railroad. Author, Harriet Beecher Stowe immortalized Josiah by using his real life exploits depicted in his 1849 autobiography, and stories that he told her, to develop the fictional character "Tom" in her famous Pre Civil War novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin". The popular novel motivated many to fight to abolish slavery in the U.S.A. It also prompted many" Uncle Tom" Minstrel shows where white actors would portray "Tom" in black face as a weak man who bowed down and gave in to everything the white man said. Many laughed , but it caused embarrassment to proud African Americans who were standing in the rear of those audiences. Those black faced minstrel characterizations of "Tom" have led to the present-day stigma attached to the use of the term "Uncle Tom", more than how "Tom" was depicted in Ms. Stowe's book or how the heroic Rev. Josiah Henson lived his remarkable life. Moreover, Josiah was an abolitionist, educator, businessman and soldier. He co- founded a Canadian town named Dawn which is now Dresden, Ontario. He was a guest of Queen Victoria in Windsor Castle (1877) and of U. S. President Rutherford B. Hayes in the White House (1878). He died in 1883, five years later, at age 94. His many noteworthy achievements resulted in his being the first African American depicted on the Canadian stamp (1983).

http://www.blackpgs.com/keepin gitreal/uncletom.html

______________________________ ______

Rasputin

Post Number: 3745
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that you have done your research, adhominen ignored, mayhaps you will now start to comprehend what was written in that quote; in addition to why & how the term is used:

quote:

It also prompted many" Uncle Tom" Minstrel shows where white actors would portray "Tom" in black face as a weak man who bowed down and gave in to everything the white man said.

Go figure .....

Here's another excerpt for ya:

quote:

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.

Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel ...

Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.

"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people." (THE WASHINGTON TIMES, November 2, 2005

Similar to Fanon's assertions in "Black Skin/White Masks" and Sowell, eh?? Not to mention your Black Ministers from up-the-thread!! Mayhaps you will, now, research Aunt Thomasina for the thread?????

You might want to visit the Stowe House/Museum in Ohio. There are some interesting stats on display there, re: the numbers of drowned escapees found in the Ohio River. It's many more than 100.

oh!!! You still haven't answered the questions. meguesses you decided not too [or couldn't!!!] No problem ..... your decision is respected.

Black-atcha ..... Willie Lynch is alive and well, as I watch the shoe fit.

Shave

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could answer your questions. However, my answers are useless to a racist maniac. No one is trying to downplay the importance of the Black American heritage. I have yet to read anyone on this thread discount slavery, its legacy, and obstacles that Black America still face. What I have witnessed is your use of controversial propaganda to support your own personal illogic. There is no way for one to wholly support a position yet discount counter-arguments. It's called conversation, Rasputin. You seem to settle in on one side of the argument and when someone offers a tempered response, you resort to insults rather than exchange. This does not help your POV. Constructive discourse should never be done so in a manner in which you go overboard while attempting to establish your viewpoint. As an educator, you should know this already. An analytical mindframe is necessary when discussing the past and present plight of Black America--not a one track mind in which you display. I guess you did not expect much out of your students lest they agree with your illogic.

Shave

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It also prompted many" Uncle Tom" Minstrel shows where white actors would portray "Tom" in black face as a weak man who bowed down and gave in to everything the white man said."

Forgot to add:

The quote that you picked out is the reason that we as Black Americans should not portray Blacks with conservative viewpoints as "Uncle Toms." Uncle Tom was a man of conviction, deeply spiritual, intelligent, and an advocate for the human rights of his people. For Blacks to adopt the Uncle Tom image as a negative force is to play into White American stereotypes, don't you think? The fact that you discount this truth is the reason that your POVs are not respected or appreciated. Just remember that no man is an island. Black America can't go at it alone and expect tangible, workable solutions to a lot of SELF-INFLICTED wounds.

I was discussing with a friend this weekend (who happens to be Black) and one topic of discussion is how the overuse of "he did it to me because I'm Black" is wearing on the patience of enlightened Blacks. We discussed the case of Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Clearly she was in the wrong. However, her first line of defense: play the race card. Next we discussed the "gangst rappers" and their public scrutiny of Oprah Winfrey. They, too, are playing the race card. However, they are not discounting the fact that for the last 20 years or so since gangsta rap was thrust to the forefront of hip-hop, Black women have been publicly degraded and humiliated. Since the popularity of such music is waning, they are seeking the influence of a Black woman (irony of all ironies) to lend credibility to their musical style and choice. Oprah has an audience, a consumer base if you will, and I cannot blame her for not wanting to upset her bottom line.

The race card pyramid has been dismantled. Until we address our own intra-cultural short-comings, we are not at liberty to demand or propose change from others.

Ravine

Post Number: 284
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, sometimes, my comments on this thread are somewhat smart-assed and intended to lighten the burdensomely heavy mood of the thread, but I am serious with this comment: You have done your utmost to engage Rasputin in, as you call it, a "constructive discourse" wherein he uses personal, direct response instead of relying on his all-purpose quotebag. Anyone who is not impressed, and possibly inspired, by your sincerity must be cynical beyond redemption. However, you may as well face the apparent fact that he is NOT going to take you up on your challenge. Whether his refusal is due to inability or unwillingness, that is unclear (although I lean toward thinking that he is unable.) You have done your best, but I implore you to pack up your intelligence and sensitivity, give up on this nitwit, and move on. There is a big difference between being a member of Homo Sapiens and being a Human Being. A big thumbs-up to you, Honorable Human Woman.

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 57
Posted From: 192.85.50.2
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The answer was posted up above.

"...the way in which the different perceptions between whites and blacks on the matter continue to thwart rational conversations on the subject. "

Shave

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, Ravine. I'll just let it go and continue to thumb my nose at the nonesense Rasputin is spewing.

Danny

Post Number: 4585
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NONESSENSE Shave! Or do you mean NONSENCE!

What Rasputin is trying to explain to you that the history of white culture in America is mostly FALSE and FULL OF LIES! from wars to technology. The minorities and ethnic races in America had been pushed around from being domestic pets to racial oppression. And its still going on today right here in the United States of America. Home of free and land of brave. So when you pick up that his-story book, who do you going to believe? Who is tell the truth or who is telling a lie?

It's amazing that America was founded on imagination, innovation, ingenuity and make-believe that freedom can be produce by one predominately race alone. Democracy can set up from whatever person, race, sex, religion and origin. NOT FOR PLAN THE COMMON PEOPLE until the common people set up Democracy. Freedom is not free for everybody.

Sarge
Username: Sarge

Post Number: 245
Posted From: 204.57.109.226
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NONESSENSE Shave! Or do you mean NONSENCE!

Add that one to Ghettoman's greatest hits.....

Shave

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,

(Lord help me...)

***takes deep breath***

(Relax, relate, release)

I meant "nonsense" without the extra "e." Didn't mean to further confuse you ol' buddy, ol' pal.

Also, because I want so badly to go to heaven, I will just keep humming that ol' Baptist hymnal, "I Need Thee..."

Danny, have a blessed day, ok?

Ravine

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny is way the hell off the fifth wall, sometimes, but at least he doesn't seem evil.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 946
Posted From: 70.88.106.173
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Say it ain't so, 'Shave' captured by the protestant servitude of an individual ideological process of 'white christianity'!__go figure!(perhaps part of her confusion???)

But 'thou' shall not go there wit' thee' ma' sista'!

peace out!

super d(motordetroit)

Shave

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine:

I know that Danny is not evil. I was just so taken aback by his post (not in a bad way...LOL). I found it rather humorous.

Super_d:

I am proud of my religious beliefs.

Ravine

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, I didn't infer anything like that about Danny from your post. I was just commenting about a thought I had about him.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3746
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"It has been said of missionaries that when they arrived they had only the Book and we had the land. Now we have the Book and they have the land."

A real source of confusion for wannabees, especially those who are Black and still have/had NO LAND ..... a financial system injustice of historical-systematic racism. Go figure .... on the real wealth.

However, the issue is not Shave. It's still "Y_T's" "collective of HATE" that she so sorely denies, although she/he/it has joined hands (and head) with it, thinking she's "Moving On Up." She/He/IT will continue to be part of our 10%, a mis-educated, confused lackey to the system that thinks she/he/it has some vestiges of "white privilege." Mayhaps you need to go back up the thread and read what "Y_T" is saying about "Y_T", Shave.

Now, back to that question posed above .... Why was the term "HATE" used in the thread title? Got answers? ..... as we continue to analyze the inherent "Y_T" and it's habits.

btw: Keep bringing it Danny ..... adhominens aside, THEY KNOW what you mean!!!

Black-atcha ..... "Lord [laird] forgive them ..." because I ain't!!

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 904
Posted From: 68.42.171.216
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...do the forum a favor and go tell someone who cares.

Shave

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

I have made it very clear on this forum that I am female and Black American. Beats me as to why something so simply stated could be that hard to comprehend.

Also, I am not going to get into a debate about my religious beliefs. My beliefs are deeply held. Let me get this straight: you have Super_d and Danny as your cheerleader and for some reason or another you feel as though this validates your ill-conceived POV? So you are worse off than I initially concluded. Super_d crucifies the English language to the point of absurdity and Danny just makes absurd comments altogether. So now you are no longer poking fun at Danny's "white socks," huh? LOL!

Perhaps your question would get a better response from Gravitymachine. After all, he started the thread. Perhaps he was showing that racism, prejudices, assumptions, and stereotypes cut both ways. Is it possible that some Blacks are just as ignorant in their interactions with those of the opposite race? Maybe Gravitymachine wanted to bring this double-standard to the forefront? After all, what race ignorantly and irresponsibly plays the race card more than the Black race?

Answer these questions, Rasputin.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 717
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, you show yourself to be a fine PERSON! After all that's what we all are first, last and always. I applaud you for the clarity of your stand and beliefs.

Livedog2

Shave

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Livedog2. This dead horse is worth beating. He can't keep getting away with such speech and expect to simply wear people down who debates him.

Livedog2

Post Number: 720
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen, sister!

Livedog2

Ravine

Post Number: 294
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin lost this tete a tete with Shave on a TKO, having refused (chickenshit that he is) to answer the bell. All that yammering is coming from him sitting in his corner, slumped on his stool.

Super_d

Post Number: 947
Posted From: 69.212.213.244
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HA'RAY for 'Shave'__ got 'y-t' asking "Why can't they be like you!, and lauding that you're one of those 'EXCEPTIONS' to your race'__go figure! Since you have joined the 'white collective', 'they' see no wrong in you!__ But 'thou' tis' stuck in the mud of dualistic confusion! In other words, you want to some how get beyond race but yet you are buried in its uncritical embrace! (Plenty of air between your confusion)...perhaps the reason the sista' can't answer Ras's question about hate????

You continue to 'diss' the 'Black Brotherhood' (calling me a 'cheerleader' and dissing my ebonicized articulation)...which by the way is predicated on the intricate association of Black language which our ancestors survived__can you dig that?

Your cloudy observation of 'reality' assumes that Black and white perspectives on race share an equal starting place of reasoning bias--of course the problem with your confused reasoning is it neglects the history of how Black and white interests are unequally measured in determining what is viewed has reasonable in the first place...that is to say 'y-t's views on race have always set the limits for what is accepted as common sense or recieved wisdom on the subject of race.

In otherwords...To the 'white collective', Blacks...including 'U'--as they will soon turn on 'U'--have often been made to feel foolish, ignorant, or stupid__ and in some cases insane(as you have pointed out several time)__for the racial views we hold.

peep this...one of yo' heroes as he lamented the loss of America's will to right its wrongs....

'Our nation was born in genocide when it embraced the doctrine that the original American, the Indian, was an inferior race. Even before there were large numbers of Negroes on our shores, the scar of racial hatred had already disfigured colonial society. From the sixteenth century foward, blood flowed in battles over racial supremacy. We are perhaps the only nation which tried as a matter of national policy to wipe out its indigenous population.'
Dr.Martin Luther King

Dr. King often pointed out the mistrust of the 'white collective'__go figure

'Shave' get off your high horse and come on back to the Black-Side, we got business to take care of!

on a side note...

watching 'y-t' on the love thread mentioning NUTT'N bout' love between Black and white__go figure!

Now back to the subject at hand...'Ras' you have the floor!

super d(motordetroit)

(Message edited by super_d on July 20, 2006)

Ravine

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 5:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin has "had the floor" numerous times, but continues to run to his boring quotebag instead of being man enough to step up. As for using the word "hate," I think it is plenty hypocritical of Rasputin to sneeringly point out that he didn't use the word "hate," even while perpetually foaming at the mouth with hatred. As for you, Super_d, nice fuckin' try, expressing yourself like a half-literate knuckle-dragger and then standing behind some bullshit racial pride flag as an excuse for it, like black people should be proud to sound dumb. At least Rasputin can put a coherent sentence together, on the rare occasions when he speaks for himself.

Danny

Post Number: 4597
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave,

You quote to Rasputin that I have made it very clear on this forum that I am female and Black American. Beats me as to why something so simply stated could be that hard to comprehend.

GOOD FOR YOU! NOW DID YOU READ RASPUTIN'S ARGUMENTS AND THESIS TOGETHER? AS A WELL EDUCATED PERSON YOU ARE, I KNOW THAT WENT TO SCHOOL BEFORE WHETHER IT'S IS WHITE OR BLACK AND PICK UP A HIS-STORY BOOK AND LOOK AT SOMEBODY SIDE OF THE STORY. WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH OR A LIE!! RASPUTIN'S IS STILL TRYING TO TELL YOU THAT A BLACK RACE IS TORMENTED LONG ENOUGH NOT JUST IN AMERICA BUT ALL OVER THE WORLD! DOES THAT MEAN DO HAVE TO BE RACIAL TERRORISTS AND REBEL AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE? THAT'S FOR YOU TO DECIDED! OTHER BLACK FOLKS IN AMERICA DURING THE CIVIL RIGHTS STRUGGLE OF THE 1960'S HAVE A 2 PRIME OPTIONS. FIGHT IN THE NAME OF PEACE OR FIGHT IN THE NAME OF WAR. RASPUTIN IS ALSO TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE IN THE FORUM THAT AMERICA UNDER THE FALSE FOUNDATIONS OF WHITE PRIVILEGE AND CULTURE IS BEING TO MUCH OF A TROUBLE! MAKING THEM LEADERS OF LAND APPOINTED BY THE DIVINE RIGHT. IT'S A OFFSHOOT FROM A BIBLE HISTORY WHERE GOD SHOW ABRAHAM THAT I'LL SHOW A LAND NOT MADE OF HUMAN HANDS AND THAT LAND WAS CANAAN/PALASTINE NOW KNOWN AS THE ISRAEL IN THE PAST AND TODAY IS A INDEPENDENT STATE AND NATION. IS AMERICA THE PROMISED LAND OF THE WHITE-FOLKS FROM EUROPE WHERE THEY HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO KICK OUT THE NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES AND ENSLAVE THE RACE OF THE WEAK? SURELY THE WHITE-FOLKS ETHNICALLY CLEANSE EVERY MINORITIES TO LOWEST FORM OF CREATURE OF THE EARTH AND CHOKE THEIR HOPES OF RACIAL EQUALITY BY SETTING UP JIM CROW LAWS. NOW IT'S TIME TO ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION. AS A BLACK AMERICAN FEMALE YOU ARE AFTER YOU HAVE READ OF RASPUTIN'S THESIS AND ARGUMENTS. HAVE YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH BEHIND THE LIES? ARE YOU GOING BECOME A RACIST OR NOT? OR ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE A COMMITMENT TO START YOUR PRIVILEGE AND LIVING A FINE GOOD LIFE?

Mod

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brother Malcolm has been quoted on this thread to reinforce the POV of Ras et al. But let's not forget Malcolm's experiene during The Hajj.

"I met blonde-haired, blued-eyed men I could call my brothers."

There will come a time when we each experience "divine illumination", as did brother Malcolm, reaching a higher spiritual consciousness that allowed him to overcome "false perceptions".

The "whitey" collective is a mis-perception, embraced and perpetuated out of bitterness by one side and guilt by the other. I strongly believe that there exist only continuing stereotypes that hinder understanding.

A wise sage once said, "Any conflict you see or experience in the outside world is a projection of your ego. In truth, the world is completely at peace and you project your fear or peace onto the world."

Mayhaps when we're discussing "rasicm", we mean "ego-centrism"

Peace Unto You!

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1607
Posted From: 68.61.197.206
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fiirst ever XMen Forum ID name that character contest is underway! I'll start:

Prof X = Lowell
Rasputin = Magneto
Danny = Toad
Karl/Craigd = Senator Kelly

I've been avoiding threads like this lately, because I get tired of the hypocrisy. I get tired of having my attitude poisoned by the extremists of both sides. Those of you who choose grace and understanding rather than fear and anger, I applaud you.

Just to be clear, I realize that all the issues facing the black community (or any minority community in this country) were not solved in the 60's. I realize that racism is still endemic in our economic and social system and societal attitudes to some extent.

The conservative extremists don't get this at all. They think everything is just fine as it is. Pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you're a good American and that we never do anything wrong in this country. At least when Repubs are in charge.

C'mon, isn't it understandable that people are angry when they are treated as second class citizens? Of course it is.

When that becomes an excuse to turn that back onto others, though... well, it just reeks of hypocrisy. You can't be all morally superior about it while hating right back.

I've tried to get Rasputin to answer the question whether he thinks blacks are superior to whites, and twice he's backed down behind his "you're a dumbass and I don't have to answer the question" abusive attitude. He can't answer the question because its a double edged sword. His arguments already imply that he feels blacks are morally superior to whites, but to admit it would probably mean that he doesn't get to play here anymore.

It's too bad. Really it is. All this effin' posturing and positioning and polarization gets in the way of resolution and change. Believe it.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3747
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Asente' Sane, Super_d. Now, to answer the major question our sista asked: "Y_T", Shave ..... and they do it in your face everyday!!

quote:

Many have been mentally conditioned to look the other way or incorrectly interpret what they see as something other than racism. Their mindset has been trained not to see the reality that is placed in full view. This is an old magician's trick. Words, symbols, images and colors have effectively retrained the mind so that reality has been interpreted to be something it isn't and never has been. In the 21st century, what is obvious to a blind man is not so obvious to a brainwashed individual.

Black parents taught our children not to pay attention to name calling and derogatory images. They were told to focus their energies on actions and deeds. They were told words could not hurt. THAT IS THE REASON WHY BLACK PEOPLE HAVE NOT PAID ATTENTION TO WORDS AND SYMBOLS!!(Enharo: "Hidden In Plain Sight")

Go figure .... Black Woman!!

However, in the Spirit of Maat, Shave .... I must say you've been used again (a damn shame!)..... to spin the focus from what "Y_T" is saying about "Y_T" to something else. That's a historical form of the "divide & CONQUER" SOP. We're not falling for it this time, whether you participate or not; or even understand the significance of your actions!!! So be it!!

quote:

Those people who believe in and/or practice "white supremacy" domination evolved a new type of linquistic communication to transmit messages about Black People, using coded language. This happened for 3 basic reasons. First, their communication system was/is so deeply entrenched with derogatory color and racial bias that transmission of racial coded messages within the "collective" was relatively easy.

Second, the color and racial bias that is embedded deep within the language has never been sufficiently identified, CHALLENGED or rooted out. The third reason is that racists have not demonstrated a desire or shown THE WILL to stop the practice of racism, and, as a result, have discovered new ways to communicate in order to continue. For these reasons it is possible for coded language to evolve as a spin-off from hardcore racial communication.

Far too frequently Black and white people regurgitate this as if the words, images, and symbols are correct. ... Many Black and white people may not be cognizant of how language is used as a form of racialized communication to foster a derogatory perception of targeted racial populations. i.e.: Urban = Black, Suburban = white, with both being socially engineered areas.

Super_d: That genetic survival has/is and will continue to haunt them. Mesees the thought of a Brazilian post has them doing homework.:-)

Black-atcha ..... watchin' 'em luv Oreo Cookies, Twinkies, inanimate objects, etc. while LUVVING to HATE!!!

addendum: having probs with "n" key

Rasputin

Post Number: 3748
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lyn:

quote:

I've tried to get Rasputin to answer the question whether he thinks blacks are superior to whites, and twice he's backed down behind his "you're a dumbass and I don't have to answer the question" abusive attitude. He can't answer the question because its a double edged sword. His arguments already imply that he feels blacks are morally superior to whites, but to admit it would probably mean that he doesn't get to play here anymore.

You've already answered your own "dumb-ass" question!! Go figure .... on not needing an answer from me!

Black-atcha ..... "got milk??"

Danny

Post Number: 4606
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You tell him Rasputin. He can go look in the mirror and find out. The answers is right in his face.

(Message edited by danny on July 20, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3749
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mod: You're not Muslim either, so please stop MIS-QUOTING Ancestor El-Hajj Malik Shabaaz. It would be extremely preferable that you use the quote in relation to Islam, as it was stated; not your Amerikkkanized version of race relations. Go figure.....

Black-atcha .....

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1610
Posted From: 68.61.197.206
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"You've already answered your own "dumb-ass" question!! Go figure .... on not needing an answer from me!"

See?

And by the way Danny, llyn is a he. Let's start with the right face shall we?

Mod

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Malcolm's Hajj Experience

"There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world. They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blondes to black-skinned Africans. But we were all participating in the same ritual, displaying a spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe never could exist between the white and the non-white.

You may be shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to rearrange much of my thought patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have been always a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which is necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug)-while praying to the same God with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of the blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions and in the deeds of the ‘white' Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan and Ghana.

We are truly all the same-brothers."

I call it like I see it Rasputin. You color it any way you want.

btw - you are American.

Mod

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(Excerpt from the Prophet's Last Sermon as in Baihiqi)

O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly? People responded, Yes. O messenger of God, The Prophet then said, then each one of you who is there must convey this to everyone not present.

Mod

Post Number: 61
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Islam teaches UNIVERSAL BROTHERHOOD as Malcolm X had evidently embraced. Anyone who interprets this to mean that "it just pertains to Muslims" is deeply egocentric.

The Prophet said: Let people stop boasting about their ancestors. One is only a pious believer or a miserable sinner. All men are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust

Livedog2

Post Number: 721
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The insanity of the world we humans have ALL created is outlined in the text of TCIM's. "None of what I see or hear is real!"

acim

Livedog2

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 454
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All y'all haters ain't got shit on Silky Johnston:

"I hate you, I hate you, and I don't even know you and I hate your guts, I hope all bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you."

(Message edited by warriorfan on July 20, 2006)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3752
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mod: Can you READ?????

quote:

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug)-while praying to the same God with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of the blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions and in the deeds of the ‘white' Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan and Ghana.

From your own post ..... Go figure!

and btw: the writings were/are for Muslims, the true believers in Allah; NOT INFIDELS, the "unclean" ..... your twisted spin doesn't work in literal or figurative contexts and is being MIS-USED in the typical manner of "white supremacists".

Black-atcha .....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3753
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

addendum: You're right Mod, I can be classified as an American; one born in the so-called Americas but not born in Amerikkka or in fact, the NewKnightedStates either. Go figure .....

Black-atcha .....

Mod

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:13).

In this passage, GOD addresses all of humanity, my brother.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3754
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Mod, you're not my brother. No brother of mine would mis-use the holiest of books to Muslims for personal gain.

Black-atcha .....

Shave

Post Number: 1212
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d,

No confusion here. I have stated my beliefs and there is not enough propaganda and self-defeating POVs that can be tossed my way to shake those beliefs. I love the Black experience. I embrace my heritage. I will never cease from believing that one day soon, Black America will awaken from its collective sleep and realize that we have stifled our own growth as a race of people. IMHO, this self-defeating mindset is holding back not only Black America but America as a whole. Every American needs to pull their own weight and not shift the burden to others. Black America is like a spoiled child that can never be appeased regardless of who extends the olive branch. Rasputin, before the rest of America address the ongoing issues stemming from slavery, what do you propose Black America do first? BTW, "nothing" is not an answer.

There you have it, Rasputin. What can Black America do to overcome the negative effects of slavery? What peace are Blacks forfieting in the elusive pursuit of forty acres and a mule? What needless pain are Blacks bearing in the quest to open the eyes of our fellow Americans? As we continue to stretch our hands forwards with a "give me" mentality, how much richer could we really be? Rasputin, that which controls you is your GOD. You seem to have a master--servant mentality. Even though you think you have somehow overcome, deep down inside you are looking for 'Y_T' to give you something. Only a servant begs. The reason that I can give such balanced viewpoints as a Black American woman is simply because I don't expect no one to give me anything. I would rather go out and get what I need on my own than to rely on someone else to dictate what I deserve.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3755
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're "PROJECTING" in your writing, Shave; a common action from confused people. Methinks you're the one seeking acceptance, from who or what, I couldn't tell you. Mayhaps it's a version of the "Stockholm Syndrome." Go figure .....

However, Methinks you have your "M" and "W" confused/reversed in the word "We", regarding YOUR religious beliefs. But at least you're not attempting to misuse some statements like Mod.

Now,let me ask you to comment on the article posted (in segments) above by "Y_T" regarding "Y_T",if you please.

Black-atcha ...... :-) at the word usage "balanced"

(Message edited by Rasputin on July 21, 2006)

Shave

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Rasputin. How about a cease fire moment?

To answer your question. I know a lot of White people personally who are just as appalled that slavery in America ever existed as well as the ongoing plight of Black America (real and/or perceived). Llyn's post is a prime example that some White people actually get it (whatever "it" may be). Of course there is "White privilege" in America. However, would it really be in any of our best interest to dismantle this so-called "system of White privilege/supremacy?" Would we not essentially be shooting ourselves in the foot while actually believing that somehow we are "making a wrong right?" All I am saying is that there has to come a time when Black America stop seeking validation from others. I know who I am as a person, Rasputin. I am not confused in the least. I just refuse to harbor resentment or to hold people accountable for something that neither of us experienced directly. I must admit that I have been privileged to be sheltered from the plight of a lot of my fellow Black Americans. I make no apologies for that fact. I just remember growing up around Blacks that simply chose to work hard for what they wanted, was proud enough to not beg for that which is essential for a prosperous life, and dusted themselves off whenever they faltered. If these examples of the human spirit led to my "confusion" then I am glad.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3756
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There ya go with that "Bootstrap" stuff again, Shave. However, not one mention of it occured in the writings above by "Y_T" about "Y_T". Sorry sista ..... I ain't going there, wayyyy off topic of intrinsic, inherent, "coded" hate!!! Go figure ....

btw: I asked your opinion on the sista's writing, not about your "Personal" thing for "Y_T". I don't deal with "scatter-gun" thinking!!! Any thoughts on her writings regarding her study of "Y_T"'s history, culture, habits, collectives, etc.??

Black-atcha .... not knowing of any "Plight of Black Folks"!!!

Danny

Post Number: 4616
Posted From: 141.217.174.235
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave,

As a person you are, you need to deep real deep into the source of the his-story book and find out who's telling the truth. Who do you going to believe the black-man, white-man, Arab-man-Chinese-man-Japenese- man, Red-man-Yellow-man, whoever. For it seems to me that unless your not reading Rasputin's thesis and arguments very carefully. He'll give you a response that says "YOU'RE LIAR!!!"

Livedog2

Post Number: 732
Posted From: 71.10.61.35
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The person responsible for the "Delete Key" has obviously not read "White Guilt" by Shelby Steele because if they had this thread would have gotten the same treatment that the "Where's Jjaba???" thread got after only three (3), and, I might add humorous and light hearted, posts! Where's the logic and proportionality?

Livedog2

Shave

Post Number: 1214
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 'Y_T' that wrote the article did so to pose a controversial POV to sell books. Plain and simple it was a marketing ploy to get Blacks folks to go "tsk, tsk, tsk" at White folks (because their own had "exposed" them). She is no more on point than the rest of the guilty White liberals that live in their white-washed enclaves while living off of the sentiments of Blacks, such as yourself, that can't seem to get over it (whatever the hell "it" may be). So there you have my thoughts on 'Y_T's POV.

Danny,

You make me barf!

Super_d

Post Number: 948
Posted From: 68.255.239.32
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Careful 'Shave', you're showing your mainstream hipsterism__ 'BARF'! eeerbody don't understand that stuff!...and you talk about my ebony articulation--go figure!:-)

you are alright wit' me!

peace-out!

super d(motordetroit)

Livedog2

Post Number: 737
Posted From: 71.10.61.35
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Lowell will hire a translator for this thread soon. I certainly don't understand the foriegn dialects at all!

Livedog2

Super_d

Post Number: 949
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Live2dog' stated....

quote:

"I certainly don't understand the foriegn dialects at all!"

You tell'em 'Live2dog'!!!!

super d(motordetroit)

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 879
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

eeerbody don't understand that stuff

super_d, chingy says it's "errbody."

Shave

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're alright with me as well, Super_d!

Now as for Ras...

Super_d

Post Number: 950
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Shave' what do you know about 'Young Chingy'??? (perhaps the sista' has a underskin of Blackness after all?)
I think that's call soul__which by the way, the natural disposition of one having 'soul', can only be produced by non-white individuals!!!__go figure!hummmmmm?

I gotta feeling 'Ras' is more into the 'Mothership Connection'--as in... Make my funk tha' P funk, I 'wants' to get funked up!:-)...I can dig that!

good-nite!

super d(motordetroit)

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 158.229.218.204
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, let me see if I understand this??? If I, or others, don't agree with Ras we're wrong??

Shave, keep it up. Regardless of race, who really rules is WOMAN!!! ;)

Livedog2

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do people stay somewhere they are not wanted? Splan that to me? We do have a "global village", now!

Livedog2 just scratching his ass and wondering...
dog

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 344
Posted From: 68.248.75.129
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mao

Rasputin

Post Number: 3761
Posted From: 68.73.205.108
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mesees the DEVILS and wannabees are still at work, again! Ain't NO global village here ..... regardless of those bull-shit "mad-max" dreams and spins!! Only thing the DEVILS want is CONTROL and EXPLOITATION of a "global village". History tells the tale ..... and the "apple don't fall too far from the tree!" Go figure ....

Hay Super_D; Me got's ta get Funked up!! smiley Gotta watch 'dem knee-grows wid 'dem pale-face Maggot Brain attitudes!!

Black-atcha ..... reading Fanon's chapter, "The Unveiling of Detroit .... oops, Algeria"; if ya git me drift!!

Danny

Post Number: 4739
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Rasputin!

Gandi said that the only devils that exist in the world is the ones cuasing trouble.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.