Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Will Detroit ever gain its due respect from America and Media? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Deputy_mayor_2026
Username: Deputy_mayor_2026

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't mean to be rude or mean, but what exactly is the purpose of this post? We all know Detroit has a bad reputation. I don't think talking about it will achieve anything.

Tomoh
Username: Tomoh

Post Number: 211
Posted From: 24.136.10.153
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Superbowl was supposed to help with Detroit's public image, among other things, and I think to some level it did -- it gave an overwhelming positive impression to the out-of-towners as well as suburbanites who'd not been in the city for many years if ever, and coverage of the event positively impressed many people watching on tv although probably to a much lesser degree, not being able to walk around the Motor City Blast. But it was probably not as strong an impact as many would have hoped.

I think respect will and should have to increase in the suburbs first and that is happening. It's somewhat of a generational thing, I think. So kids of parents who fled the city are now returning, realizing it's not the monster they made it out to be. A lot has improved in just the last five years, and much more is possible for the next five.

Also, Detroit will probably gain its due respect in some aspects before others, for example, in music -- and now just relishing the past. There are already many techno fans worldwide (most are actually probably outside the US) who hold Detroit in high regard. We also saw Detroit become one of "the" cities for rock recently. Detroit may take its place in the hip hop world in the next few years. These are just examples. Perhaps it'll happen next for broken beat or contemporary art of some sort or fashion. Like the Superbowl, it's about replacing some old stereotype of Detroit with new scenes.

Deputy_mayor_2026

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why did you delete your post Lex detroit? I did not start this, I was replying to it, and now it appears as if I started it.

Lexdetroitman_07
Username: Lexdetroitman_07

Post Number: 78
Posted From: 74.131.204.36
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops..accidentally deleted the first post. Sorry!! But thanks for the response Tomoh! It's good to get your input and I hope that you are right. I want to see the rise again and I keep the hope every day.

Lexdetroitman_07

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 68.61.162.76
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

children, its past your bedtime

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 933
Posted From: 24.231.189.137
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, you're hilarious

Deputy_mayor_2026

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting, a kid calling someone else a child.

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 57
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 721
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unlikely.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3635
Posted From: 68.74.31.233
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit's reputation isn't in question .... except to "white supremacists" that insist that a place ain't schitt unless they own it and run it!! Go figure .....

It was called a low-NO CLASS "Blue Collar" town when white folk ran it!! A city for Peasant Refugees of European evictions that were trained to discriminate against anyone that didn't look/act like them!! and not even the dogs took them up on any invitations!! MoFos still have NO CLASS!!

Big diffs now!!! and btw: only dummies worry about some long lost schitt called a reputation. It ain't what we want, here!!

Black-atcha ..... on a Code-Word and Classism watch

Rockcity2windycity
Username: Rockcity2windycity

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 69.212.52.250
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think highlighting this site would give detroit a better image. Ive never seen so many positive, knowledgable people that love the city. You people know everything about the city and have the information ready to share it. I learn something new about the city everytime i log on. There should be a link to this site on the citys website.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 145
Posted From: 69.220.62.66
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why even bother to discuss this subject, as people like Rasputin will go out of their way to twist everything into a race issue. But then, I suppose that every complex issue should be reduced to Tinker-Toy sized segments that even a dumbass can mentally grasp.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 722
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the people of Detroit show themselves some respect and class will others take notice. You can't have fellow citizens offing each other and a no class schol system in place an expect others to hold you in high regard.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1110
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If more Detroiters would shed their collective victim mentality, Detroit would gain much more credibility in the eyes of the world.

Not being so dependent on the auto industry wouldn't hurt, either.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8556
Posted From: 70.53.99.73
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems black folks are leaving just like the whites did Rasputin. Your logic of white supremacy is flawed.
BTW: reputation is everything, which is why Detroit continues to lose jobs and people flee; White AND Black!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4283
Posted From: 141.217.174.223
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as we Detroiters and suburbanites continue to build a invincible demarcation wall of segregation. The news media both local and national will continue to report these negative issues of our faults.

Goat,

Rasputin is just writing the plain and simple truth about the ignorance of White supremacy and the white-folks by means of their history of the foundation of LIES and DECEITS they put into this United States of America. Spread the word Mad Monk! Spread the TRUTH!

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4955
Posted From: 68.41.124.8
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Rasputin is just writing the plain and simple truth about the ignorance of White supremacy and the white-folks by means of their history of the foundation of LIES and DECEITS they put into this United States of America. Spread the word Mad Monk! Spread the TRUTH!

And people wonder why Detroit isn't taken seriously...

Ravine

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul, Fury, Goat: Right freakin' on. This city is full of no-class jackasses who show no respect for themselves, their children, the city, or anything else. And-- the city goes to great, phony lengths to spruce up for the Super Bowl, only to go right back to its slovenly ways immediately afterward. (Hey!! The guests have cleared out!! We can cancel bulk pick-up now, and citizens can REALLY start throwing their shit all over the place!! Think the freeway exits look bad? Wait 'til you see the neighborhoods!!) We took Don Meredith's singing, "Turn out the lights," near a game's end, to a new level... We actually DID turn them out. The existing problem is much deeper than a simple black/white issue, and trying to reduce it to a Race Thing is ignorant and counter-productive. But then, that's just another case of Crap-atcha.

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 425
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is the Crotch or is that Karachi of the U.S.

Livedog2

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 534
Posted From: 68.20.140.8
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Will Detroit ever gain its due respect from America and Media?

It think that when Detroit get's the respect it deserves from the rest of Michigan, then and only then will 'America' and 'the Media' take notice. The hard work of people like Penske and Kilpatrick go a long way (despite some of Kilpatricks terrible boondoggles he is a tireless and charismatic promoter of the city and receives great respect OUTSIDE of Michigan). Blacks AND Whites working together to make the city a better place has a very positive impact on Detroit's image in the eyes of many. Detroit's image does the best when ALL OF US work together (i.e. Superbowl XL).

Also, Rasputin, despite his delivery, has a point. Detroit gets little respect because black folks don't get the respect they deserve in our society. Their is in Michigan a small but very vocal racist anti-hip-hop generation that wants Detroit to fail under black leadership. They bad mouth the city just short of using the "n" word, scared that 'someone' might hear them. This is a harsh reality in SE Michigan that unfortunately won't be gone until well, they're gone.

Sorry, to make it a race issue but that's really what the most of the political problems in Detroit boil down to IMO.

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 535
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

There should be a link to this site on the citys website.

Considering how people bad mouth city leaders on this site (sometimes deservingly), I don't think it will ever happen Rockcity2windycity.

Ravine

Post Number: 149
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidedog, that is a sound-minded assertion, and well put, whether I agree with you or not, BUT... Since the race part of the issue is so very unlikely to ever change, much, we have the choice of either getting permanently stuck in its mud, or trying to work around it and move on. That may not be possible, but the other way assures that none of "us," regardless of color, will ever move one inch from the spot where we are right now.

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 536
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

BUT... Since the race part of the issue is so very unlikely to ever change, much, we have the choice of either getting permanently stuck in its mud, or trying to work around it and move on.

This is where we differ Ravine. I don't think there is anyway to work "around" racism - to "sweep it under the rug" so to speak. Race relations have to improve drastically if Detroit is ever to improve it's image. The segregation and poor race realtions are probably the biggest drag on Detroit's image. Poor race relations ensures that Detroiters, black and white, AND suburbanites will not work together to solve Detroit's problems.

Ravine

Post Number: 150
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidedog: The really depressing part is that I am afraid, and half-convinced, that you are correct. Given the thought that race relations will not much improve, but we still need to TRY to get better at being a decent city, what in the hell do we do now? A rhetorical question, that; I'm not trying to put you, personally, on the spot with that query.

Dillpicklesoup
Username: Dillpicklesoup

Post Number: 54
Posted From: 64.7.188.10
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As soon as Detroiters stop killing each other- shooting children, taking drugs, and cleaning up after themselves- and expecting some accountability for elected officials- things will improve-

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2724
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Dill, we are the only city with these problems....

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2642
Posted From: 68.248.2.129
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...he is a tireless and charismatic promoter of the city and receives great respect OUTSIDE of Michigan..."

What are you talking about Eastsidedog? Nearly everyone that I've ever encountered from outside of Michigan that bothered to follow and comment on Detroit's mayor thinks of him as a joke.

Time's Top 3 worst mayors, the "hip-hop mayor" label, and the DNC shying away from him are three major examples.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 402
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The following is a perfect example of why Detroit has the negative reputation it has, and it's also a perfect example of the dichotomy between city and suburbs. Two identical events, occuring barely two weeks apart, but with completely different outcomes:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060413/M ETRO03/604130332/1014

http://www.wndu.com/news/06200 6/news_50425.php

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 708
Posted From: 68.42.133.85
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The city's national reputation is not as bad as it's local reputation. The real repository of hysterical anti-Detroitism is the suburbs of Detroit.

Ironically, the world does not distinguish betwen the two, so the suburburs are tarred with the same brush that they use to attack Detroit.

I would not blame Detroit's national reputation on race. Atlanta and Washington DC are majority Black cities, with significant social problems, yet both are successful and held in high esteem locally, nationally and globally.

What makes Detroit unique in its dispair is it's stunningly incompentnet and over-priced local government, as evidenced by the previous post and overwhelming statistical and antedotal evidence.

Why this condition persists is a tragic mystery. Who do you blame? The politicians? The political leadership class? The electorate? The city workers?

One day, perhaps with receivership, the rotten edifice will collapse, like Communism in Eastern Europe, and the recovery of the city will proceed with stunning speed. Until that blessed day, the poverty, crime and human suffering in the city will continue unabated, as will poor relations with the suburbs and a bad national reputation.

Trainman

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What makes Detroit unique in its despair is its stunningly incompetent and over-priced local government

End of Quote

I don't understand this? Please explain? I recently read that the Detroit Department of Transportation DDOT and SMART are both sorely under funded and that it’s essential to raise local taxes to get federal funds. I also read that DDOT is the best bus system in the World in their own magazine. Why can't the suburbs pay for Detroit?

Next August 8, 2006 let's support the SMART property tax for the charity it really is. It’s others that we should pay for and not ourselves. If this passes, then we can celebrate and smoke lots of dope and then we can dream of SEMCOG'S Speedlink and all the other fantasy tales about mass transit in the Motor City.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 619
Posted From: 68.41.90.235
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are all right...

Race

A little more race

Inept government

Suburban segregation

But lets put that all aside for a moment. If Detroit were to offer jobs, low city taxes, qualtiy city services, and a better school system... people from all over the metro region would take that oppurtunity and move there, people currently residing in Detroit would remain in Detroit. Then hopefully, the region would come together, build mass transit and improve the overall economy of not only Detroit, but SE michigan.

The future of Michigan, especially SE Michigan, is dependent on Detroit.

Too much sprawl in this region, too much going against it to just sit back and ignore the central city. Detroit is the only real draw that Michigan has.

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 541
Posted From: 69.220.142.7
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What are you talking about Eastsidedog? Nearly everyone that I've ever encountered from outside of Michigan that bothered to follow and comment on Detroit's mayor thinks of him as a joke.

My wife's uncle works for the Federal Reserve and personally met Kilpatrick regarding the new bank project. He was very impressed by Kilpatrick's professionalism, passion and leadership. My uncle-in-law was dismayed when I spoke to him about the election and how Kilpatrick was struggling in a sea of controversies. Professionals and businesspeople seem to hold Kilpatrick in higher regard. It's the media and general public that tend to have a poor view of him.

Metrodetguy, for the record I voted for Hendrix because I thought he was the better candidate. But it could be worse. We could have Gill Hill!

Danny

Post Number: 4299
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Folks, We are living in the Matrix of the Metro-Detroit area. The Black Detroiters are like a unstoppable A.I. Machines, feeding and exploiting every resourses. The white suburbantopia is like the last natural underground city of ZION trying to survive by using either manual or programed technology and seal it super steel gates from the A.I. Machines. And we the forumers are the people who goes into the subterranean tunnels avoinding squid-like senetels and hack into the Matrix in order to free the minds of virtual reality based humans so they can wake up in the real world, pick them up, tell them that the world you lived in was a LIE. And we have to avoid the digital superpowerful business men in black suits call sentinet programs or agents who are KING KWAME and his Y.B.I. cronies that serve in all city public services. Metro-Detroit is like out of the movie "The Maxtrix". The community that we are living right now is everyday contant LIE and it's up to us to free their minds of every human being.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2646
Posted From: 71.144.80.95
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidedog, again I'm going to disagree with you. I know many of the families of major professional and businesspeople in this area. They do not hold Kilpatrick in high regard. Some tolerate him in order to get their business dealings done, but again, they do not hold him in high regard.

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 542
Posted From: 69.220.142.7
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy, my uncle-in-law lives and works in Washington D.C. so he is totally removed from the local media equation. His impression of Kilpatrick was from business dealings 100% (i.e. picking the new location for the new federal reserve bank). People who meet Kilpatrick who are from out-of-state and have little connection to Metro Detroit get a very different impression of him. Whether you like him or not there is no doubt that he is a very charismatic individual. This is why he does well at the national conventions and events. Again I don't mean to "Defend" Kilpatrick. I am just pointing out what assets our "despised leader" possesses. I am saying that he is an asset when making deals and doing business from abroad even though he is hated here at home (mostly in the suburbs) and has made some terrible decisions while in office (i.e. Navigate, etc...).

Kilpatrick's work with Penske to clean up downtown will start to help Detroit's image both in Michigan and abroad. I also think that even though his prior missteps were inexcusable (had he worked for a private company he would have been fired) he has gotten better in his second term in office. Hey, he hasn't raised taxes yet and for that I'm grateful. If Coleman Young were in office right now, there likely wouldn't be a deficit and we'd have a 4% income tax.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 1752
Posted From: 69.221.95.23
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick understands Detroit, and he understands economics. Realistically, his style does not help Detroit's image (he's not that bad, but his reputation as a gansta mayor has already been cemented among outsiders); however, the results of his aggressive pro-growth strategies will improve our image exponentially in the long run.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 403
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Folks, We are living in the Matrix of the Metro-Detroit area. The Black Detroiters are like a unstoppable A.I. Machines, feeding and exploiting every resourses. The white suburbantopia is like the last natural underground city of ZION trying to survive by using either manual or programed technology and seal it super steel gates from the A.I. Machines. And we the forumers are the people who goes into the subterranean tunnels avoinding squid-like senetels and hack into the Matrix in order to free the minds of virtual reality based humans so they can wake up in the real world, pick them up, tell them that the world you lived in was a LIE. And we have to avoid the digital superpowerful business men in black suits call sentinet programs or agents who are KING KWAME and his Y.B.I. cronies that serve in all city public services. Metro-Detroit is like out of the movie "The Maxtrix". The community that we are living right now is everyday contant LIE and it's up to us to free their minds of every human being.

Whoa, M1NDFUCK!!! I think my head asploded.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2647
Posted From: 69.221.32.102
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidedog, perhaps some (not all) non-Michigan business people have a favorable impression of Kilpatrick. Again, I was speaking of Michigan business people and everyday (non-business people I presume) non-Michiganians that I have encountered that had an opinion/following of the matter.

As for hatred at home, it's not just suburbanites. It's pretty much about half of the city as well.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3639
Posted From: 72.49.253.203
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, as we usta' say in the Corps .... "we'll always have our 10%", that wish and may follow the lead of the dumbasses that left Detroit by moving, killing each other, etc.!!! Is that your only point?? If so, it's weak and moot; similar to the other "white supremacists" up in here that love to "yell fire" in a crowded theatre, but wanta do it in (what they think) is hidden-language - as they hope their fellow "NO CLASS" buddies will pat them on back-side in agreement and praise.

No matter who pats them on their asses, the reality is REALITY .... we don't give a fukk about your "hereditary NO CLASS" opinions about a non-existent reputation. Everybody don't sell "SNAKE OIL"!!! Go figure .....

Black-atcha ..... watching "NO CLASS" mo-fos rape their daughters, commit MASS-murders, steal from everybody everything that is of value which ain't nailed down ---- including the culture & language ---- then cry the blues, while inventing the racist isolationist bullschitt that spins, as they're rejected and delegated to levels of non-entities!! Methinks the Warrior and Tim Wise called it mal-adjusted "Projection!"

Rasputin

Post Number: 3640
Posted From: 72.49.253.203
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

& btw: writing this (and the above) from another part of the kountry where the bullschitt posted up here is totally disagreed with!! Go figure .....

Black-atcha ..... have laptop will travel

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 545
Posted From: 69.209.159.82
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

As for hatred at home, it's not just suburbanites. It's pretty much about half of the city as well.

Metrodetguy, not half the city, half the voters in the city. Significant difference.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 621
Posted From: 68.41.90.235
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin, I really have a difficult time reading your posts. I honestly do not understand them. But I think I understand the common theme. Some of which I agree with.

Danny, your last post had to have been one of the weirdest I have ever read on this forum

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 12.45.2.184
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It starts with the citizens. DETROITers have to have respect for each other first.313

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 920
Posted From: 69.220.232.219
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is lauded within the many 'action network' circles of the Black community across the 'kountry' and continues to be a 'Black City' full of potential and will soon carry the torch of excellento for the future of all Black Cities in 'amerikkka'!

Coleman A. Young-atcha!

super d(motordetroit)

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 248
Posted From: 12.214.243.66
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit313,
YES! Respect is contiagous, when the Metro area bears witness to Detroiters having more pride and respect to each other and their community then they too will emulate that respect.

Ras, Danny and Warrior make good cases and I feel like I should add mine. I've lived in 8 different states and one foreign country, Ranging from the dirrty south, Michigan, to Cali, Philly and New England. Midwesterners while they are some of the friendliest/kindest people in the country, IMO are the most ignorant when it comes to racial issues. Maybe it's a lower not as educated middle class or something correlated with the way the economy has been affecting the working class. Or maybe it's simpler than that, lack of racial diversity. Either or something needs to change those notions. Diversity I feel is the only answer.

Ras, I'm curious what is your solution to Detroit's plight? All out war or seperate racially based countries?

Danny

Post Number: 4323
Posted From: 141.217.173.16
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d,

Will Detroit's black community survive against the white-man's plan of recievership, subisidization, privatization and recieveship? We may wait until 2020 to find out.

Ravine

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaaahh??

Paulmcall

Post Number: 726
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You won't have to wait that long.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3656
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike: my point ... clear & simple!!!

quote:

Detroit's reputation isn't in question .... except to "white supremacists" that insist that a place ain't schitt unless they own it and run it!! Go figure .....

It was called a low-NO CLASS "Blue Collar" town when white folk ran it!! A city for Peasant Refugees of European evictions that were trained to discriminate against anyone that didn't look/act like them!! and not even the dogs took them up on any invitations!! MoFos still have NO CLASS!!

Black-atcha ..... saying there is some REAL HISTORY out there.

Danny

Post Number: 4349
Posted From: 68.40.160.198
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Rasputin,

Detroit was design to put all the ethnic communties in ONE SMALL BASKET. For example.

Little Italy along Gratiot Ave. was made for ethnic Italians. They don't want any else move in and take over.

Chinatown along Skid Row on Michigan and Third St. was created for all ethnic Chinese. They don't want any else move in and take over.

Even the Americanized White-folks create their communties in Detroit neighborhoods and they don't want any else move in and take over.

All low NO CLASS " Blue Collar families where white run the show and other ethnic minorities especially blacks are left out and kept them demacated in Black Bottom and Paradise Valley until the I-75 FWY clear it up. Segregation makes what boomtown Detroit way it was. And segregation what makes boomtown Detroit the way it is. Remember this, the American society is the matrix world design to kept every race in bay by means of the foundation of corruption, LIES and DECEITFULNESS!!!

Trainman

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Livonia opt out of SMART is proof that Detroit will never get any respect from the world. We need to all get out and vote NO next August 8, 2006 to force our state government to pay for our public bus systems instead of pushing the entire costs on our local governments.

If Livonia is not proof that our local and state leaders do not care then obviously you have no TV, radio, newspapers, internet and you are not very smart but instead stupid.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 232
Posted From: 68.255.77.37
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you realize that all your constant jackassery is just ensuring that people will vote YES on this to spite you?

Trainman

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vote YES or NO. It does not matter. I live near Redford and will still have bus service. I can bike or walk. Redford, Westland and Farmington will pay for me.

Go ahead and make my day.

Go ahead and vote YES next August 8, 2006

Go ahead and support DARTA which is presently an agreement to abolish state transit operating subsidies. It's not my fault if people want to be stupid instead of being SMART.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.