Discuss Detroit » DetroitYES Classified Ads » Tuesday Pub Quiz at the Lager House « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Melocoton
Username: Melocoton

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all, I'm running a pub quiz at the Lager House in Corktown. We've had a couple installments so far and now I'd like to open the event up to more people. There's always some Detroit-themed trivia for you experts. Here are the details:

Where: Lager House, 1254 Michigan Avenue.
When: Tues. Jan 6 (and every other Tues.) 8 pm.
What: a public trivia extravaganza, in which you and your team of 2-5 members compete with others for free drinks.
Info: Call the bar at 313-961-4668 or send me a message.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 522
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding trivia extravaganza: We will be there if you throw in cab fare home. With all the useless knowledge my husband knows, we would be sure to win and drunk as skunks.

Seriously, good luck building business, we will pass this fun sounding event on to others.

Melocoton
Username: Melocoton

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pub quiz again this Tuesday, Jan. 20!

This Tuesday evening, all the eyes of southeast Michigan will turn to one magical event, the kind that happens only once every four years : that's right, it's time for the Presidential Pub Quiz!

Do you know....?

1. Q: Who were the last 5 losing Democratic presidential candidates?

2. Q: During Ronald Reagan's presidency, Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North covertly sold weapons to Iran to fund a right-wing militia popularly known by what nickname?

3. Q: James K. Polk left office in 1849 after leading the Mexican-American War. Who succeeded him in office?

4. Q: What Chicago congressman trounced Barack Obama in his first bid for national office?

1. Kerry, Gore, Dukakis, Mondale, Carter
2. the Contras
3. Zachary Taylor
4. Bobby Rush

(Message edited by Melocoton on January 17, 2009)