Discuss Detroit » DetroitYES Classified Ads » Islandview Village Flat for Lease « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Available on December 1, a magnificent, sunny, second floor flat in Islandview Village. Fully restored to its' original 1909 condition, this spacious 1300 square-foot 2 1/2 bedroom, 1 bath home features solid oak trim throughout, formal dining room, brick fireplace (non-functional), butlers pantry, a tastefully updated yet historically-inspired kitchen, a triple lot and more. Washer and dryer in basement with extra storage. Cats are welcome.

This flat is located on Field Avenue between Vernor and Charlevoix directly across from the Moses W. Field House Historic District. Landlord is directly across the street.

This flat was restored in 2003 and 2004 and has only been lived in by my best friend.

The neighborhood is home to many forumers and is truly Detroit's best kept secret. Quiet and cozy, Gabriel Richard Park and Belle Isle are five blocks south. Easy and convenient shopping, as well as five minute trip to Downtown, Midtown and New Center, Islandview is Southeastern Michigan's best real estate value.

If you are considering Woodbridge, West Village, Corktown, Gold Coast or any other Downtown neighborhood, make sure you look here first. There is no good reason not to!

The unit is stunning, the neighborhood exceptional, and the landlord attentive. All landscaping and maintenance is handled by the landlord, too.

Insurance is lower here than in any of the aforementioned neighborhoods and the street is made up of long-term residents and homeowners. This is one of only three multi-family units on the block and is coming available only because the current tenant will be moving home to take care of ailing parents.

This unit would be perfect for a young couple, or for first-time urban dwellers.

Credit checks will be performed, references and security deposit are required. One year lease at $950 per month plus electric.

Contact ecriteser@hotmail.com for more information.

Eric_c

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Living Room

Dining Room

Street view

Rear view

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 716
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is this across the street from Pat's house?

Eric_c

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know Pat, I'm sorry.

This flat is opposite from my own home (visible across the street in the "rear view" above) between Vernor and Charlevoix.

(Message edited by Eric C. on October 20, 2008)

Suma
Username: Suma

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pat lives closer to Jefferson

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 727
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aha, I was trying to picture the cross streets. If you know Renee, that's how I know Pat

Eric_c

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't know Pat or Renee, unfortunately.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 301
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric_c, beautiful home, beautiful neighborhood.

You're right, it is one of Detroit's best kept secrets, I wasn't aware of your neighborhood until you mentioned it. So many beautiful houses! You must love it there.

I envy you and anyone who is lucky enough to grab that flat you have available. :-)

Eric_c

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Thames!

It's truly a gem. If you or anyone else is looking for a really fine place to hang your hat, don't hesitate.

Spread the word!

Eric_c

Post Number: 688
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUMP

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People, Islandview Village is a great but little known area of the city. The flat looks great and you should be commended for restoring this gem. Hope you find a good tennant soon.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric, do you know Bobby? He's a friend of Pat and Renee's. Sorry...couldn't resist. Good luck though.

Eric_c

Post Number: 691
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to say, I do not know Bobby, either.

Eric_c

Post Number: 702
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUMP

Buzzman0077
Username: Buzzman0077

Post Number: 196
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it's still available towards the end of May I'll see if I can get my wife interested.

Eric_c

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buzzman0077,

The rental market is usually dead during the winter months, but inquiries will begin to pick-up rapidly over the next few weeks.

Currently, there is an individual who is interested in the flat and would look to take up occupancy by March 1. I have an appointment to show the unit this weekend. If they like it and leave a deposit and their application is approved, then I will post notice here that it has been leased within the next two weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread periodically, but certainly, thanks for your interest.

Eric_c

Post Number: 733
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The flat has been leased. Thank-you.