Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » World Cup « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Akoper
Username: Akoper

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 4.229.99.104
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am getting excited for soccer's World Cup which is going to start on Friday. Would be nice if there was a "soccer bar" in Detroit where supporters went to watch "football," but there really isn't one. Wanted to see if there were other fans on the forum. I will be making arraingements at work to get away during the afternoon to watch the US play on June 12 and June 22.

-AK

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 1897
Posted From: 70.227.216.90
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be nice if you newbies would at least scroll down the list of threads before you start a new one. Or better yet do a damn search.
<----------------------------- ---

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/72988.html?1148408592

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 68.42.78.175
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be awesome to see a World Cup match at Ford Field.

Akoper
Username: Akoper

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 4.229.141.161
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have invited some people to watch the US play the Czech Republic on Monday, June, 12, at noon at the Spectadium in Troy. Spectiadium has always been a place that is "soccer friendly." All fans are welcome to come take in the game there, too. The address is 2511 Livernois Rd, Troy, MI. E-mail me through Cityscape Detroit's Web site if you want to coordinate schedules/rides.

Go USA!

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 668
Posted From: 68.73.5.10
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

everytime im in t he painted lady they have soccer on the tv

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 698
Posted From: 84.156.26.34
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Germany won yesterday and the crazy Germans were out getting drunk and driving around beeping their horn for an hour. Crazy. These people really love their soccer.

The Biergarten behind my house has a huge rearprojection screen TV where we get to sit outside, drink masskrugs of Bier and watch the games. Today, we're gunna watch England.

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 68.61.224.132
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NDavies: It would be a freaking miracle, if for one time when someone asked a question - that yes had already been asked before - you weren't the absolute first person to be a prick about it. Sorry. It's like the 100th time I've noticed this. Lighten the fuck up.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 605
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The company I work for is a German DCX-owned company and our CEO approved cable install just for us to be able to watch the games in our conference room. He even sent out an email encouring us to watch and cheer for the German team. Also, I'm due for a business trip to our facility near Dortmund where some of the games will be played but I simply can't go until the World Cup is over because no hotel rooms are available during that time. Yes, the Germans really do love soccer.

(Message edited by ghetto_butterfly on June 10, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.