Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Playoff superstitions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 2436
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah yeah, we know all about players and their individual quirks for entering the playoffs (not shaving, not stepping on the chalk lines, wearing lucky charms, having the same meals, etc.) but what about us fans?? I'm sure in the midst of all of these games each of us has our own quirky rituals that supposedly guarantee our teams a victory. Care to spill the beans??

Smogboy

Post Number: 2437
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 6:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My old room mate and I used to munch on those hideously dyed red pistachios during the Wings playoff runs (seeing as how they're playing now, I might start soon!). For the '84 Tigers games it was always a rally hat. Another one for the Wings had to do with that mini Stanley Cup on top of the TV that none of us dare touch. The Pistons I really didn't do much other than watch.

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When teams wore the colors they are SUPPOSED to wear (i.e. WHITE for home, RED for away, the way God intended it to be!), I always wear the respective jersey while watching the game, although that isn't working for CRAP now!!! Not very original, I know, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in the ring (cup).

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 145
Posted From: 209.220.229.254
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a Pistons little bobblehead trinket thing at a game and never brought it inside (got lost in my trunk)

I brought it in for game 3, when the Pistons got housed.

It went back in the trunk, where it will remain.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 827
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never watch the first period, and I never wear socks during a playoff game. needless to say, I usually watch the games at home.

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 45
Posted From: 69.3.206.177
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the Wings won in Edmonton last week, I had driven my Mom's red Mustang (aka, "My Mom's Red Wings Car" to work. I drove it to work today. Let's hope it works. [Sigh.]

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 981
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jersey for the wings.

guess i'll get it dry cleaned. if stevie y retires, it will never be worn again.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 864
Posted From: 69.217.229.2
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't look at the pregame or halftime shows:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 123
Posted From: 69.14.101.116
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always stand up when Chauncey is setting up for a three. Dribble a basketball during timeouts to calm my nerves.

Smogboy

Post Number: 2455
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever Red Wing superstition I had up until tonight went out the window. I'd like to think that my superstition (it always comes back to us fans) wasn't the cause of the Wings' demise but why take a chance?

Wabashrr1
Username: Wabashrr1

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I only watch the final quarter of any deciding (must win) pistons game in a series.. Root for them to loose, works every time. If I cheer them to win, they're sure to loose.. :>

Dirthead
Username: Dirthead

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 3:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the same Piston superstitions now that I had during the Bad Boys days. I have chants during the 4th quarter that I won't reveal. I have to park in the same area of the Palace lot for every game. I have beads that I must wear to say my 'hail Chaunceys'. My nails are done in a red/white and blue pattern that needs to be duplicated exactly every time I get them done (during playoffs only). I can never again have a chicken salad sandwich at the Palace, we lost a playoff game the one time I tried it. Tuna's ok though...I cannot touch a blown up thunderstick during a game. And if you are ever at the Palace and see someone doing Rip's free throw routine along with him, c'mon over and say hi! Yes, I am a fairly sick woman...but I have a good time, mostly.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.