Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Belvedere Const. Original Location « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 153
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying to find out where Belvedere Construction's original location on Livernois was located. Thank you.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1914
Posted From: 66.2.148.32
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm, they operated out of a house on W. Grand Blvd. North of Grand River for many years.

Royaloakian
Username: Royaloakian

Post Number: 69
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a small building north of Outer Drive on the west side of Livernois. If you look on the top there is a faded black and white sign in the shape of a curved arrow that you can make out the words Belvedere on. I've seen it in the past few months and I assume it is still there,

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 218
Posted From: 129.9.163.105
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conrad, Heads will roll!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1170
Posted From: 68.42.251.225
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I did a little legal defense work for Belvedere Construction, their offices were on W.Grand Blvd.
Mr. Lezell was an interesting guy. He was concerned about lawsuits that alleged negligence on the part of his workers (whom he claimed were independent contractors) since his motto was "We Do Good Work".
I believe his original offices were on Livernois. He got sued by a former long-time employee in the late '90's that got a fair share of publicity around Detroit. I don't recall what the outcome was. We were not envolved in that one.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1930
Posted From: 66.2.148.8
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on a drunken Saturday night spree twenty some years ago, one of my friends kidnapped Mr. Lezell's "valuable oil painting" which was really a kitchy photo on canvas of him at his desk. The idea of cutting off the ear and mailing to him with a ransom note was discussed, but ultimately the case generated too much publicity and the purloined portrait was quietly returned. The 'art heist" was over.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.