Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Beautiful Magnolias on Lafayette Ave. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 224
Posted From: 68.79.118.106
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The magnolias on Lafayette are beautiful aren't they? The magnolia trees with their lavender flowers are really beautiful. It's so nice driving down Lafayette in the spring between I-375 and Mt. Elliott. :-)

(I realize I've been overly critical and negative lately. My wife told me she was going to join the forum and post happy stuff. She wanted me to post about the magnolia trees :-))

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1055
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that dog couldn't be tamed, but I see the master is tugging on that leash...LOL

Wonderful post eastside...kinda reminds me of my own wife.

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 232
Posted From: 24.247.221.241
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This reminds me (sorry to semi-highjack the thread, hey it's on a related topic) what are the plans for the median in Lower Woodward between Campus Martius and Jefferson? There were trees, then they were replaced by just grass, which though it looks nice, it's not the same. Flower gardens and some Magnolia and other flowering trees would look fantastic along here. :-)

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 226
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Broken_main, hah hah. Yeah she hates talking politics which is why I have to vent so much on the forum.

I'll try to keep the positive posts coming. :-)

Broken_main

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My goodness, min eis exactly the same way. Except if I believe in one thing she feels she has to be against what I say. makes the marriage very interesting. check this out..I read Ltrovia letter to the president thread...and she was very opinionated about it(aginst it to be more precise).

Aw man...those magnolias are very beautiful, aren't they???

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 228
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Broken Main, my wife often comments that it's wierd to see them growing this far north. There is a huge gorgeous one across the street but it hasn't bloomed yet. Ahhh... spring. :-)

Oh, yeah and my wife usually diagrees with me too, at least partially. I have a tendency to get really worked up about things. I guess I'm just a passionate person.

Broken_main

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my gawd...I must have a long lost twin...LOL

Eastsidedog

Post Number: 238
Posted From: 12.47.224.7
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think wives disagreeing is all that uncommon.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 688
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wives agree on one thing...men are DOGS!

buster, i was wondering the same thing about the median on gratiot. i hope that stretch is maintained, as i was thinking that the old bare pavement would look better than garbage-catching, overgrown brush in the middle of the road. we all know that city services are being cut, and keeping up with landscaping is quite a job. i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.